CHAPTER 25

Something Happend

It was really a cold morning, “I should have bring my scarf with me” I thought as I opened the coffee shop, it was five in the morning, even when people were running side to side so early, I could feel the sleepiness around, after all it was Thursday, not Friday, not Saturday.

So depressing. - I sighed blowing white smoke through my mouth. I entering to the end of the place to turn on the lights, I went to the kitchen to check everything was in the right place, I went to the counter to check the cash register. Then I heard the bell rang.

Oh sorry, we are not open yet. - I said loudly as I take some cups from the counter.

I know, but I saw you from afar and I thought why no to come here and say hi.- I looked up seeing Yoona leaning at the counter looking down to see me, she smiled me.

Hello Yuri. - She said. I stood up quickly.

Yoona, hi, why so early? - She sat down at the chair from the counter.

I just went to my folks last night and spend the night with them but I need to work and since my parent’s house is far from my work, I get up early.- She put her arm the counter resting her chin on them, looking at me lovely.

You want a coffee? - I said chuckling how hard she was trying to not close her eyes.

I would kill for some caffeine right now.- 

Special treat then. - I started the coffee machine and as I waited for it I took two cups and some muffins and I gave it to her. I put the cups on the machine to fill them. I could feel her stare on me and I felt a little shy about it which was the first time I felt something like that.

Here is, a well deserved hot cup of coffee. - I handled it to her.

Thanks, and sorry to bothered you so early.-

Don’t be, I’m kind of glad to see you to be honest. - I sip on my coffee, she grinned sipping as well at her cup.

So, you are going to throw a Christmas party tomorrow?-

Yes, will you come? - I asked.

Of course, I don’t want to spend another Christmas at the office’s party, so boring. - I chuckled.

I don’t think it would be boring. - I said.

Well no, because you don’t see them every day, I mean I work there all day, seven days, I lived looking them all my days.- She bite at her muffin as she was talking. 

Then I guess I will expecting you. - I said chuckling. She nodded giving the last bite. She took a pen and started to write something in a napkin.

Here, I think I never give you my number. - She tossed the paper in front of me, she stood up grabbing her purse.

I will expected you to call me, I have fun on our date so maybe we can have another.- She said as she was putting her sunglasses, I took a view outside notice the sun shining strongly.

I guess I will then. - I said taking the piece of paper on my pocket. She lean on just a little smiling, almost smirking.

 Have a nice day sweetheart. - She said kissing my cheek after saying that.

I saw her leaving, then I saw her passing outside and finally I saw her crossing the street. The entire time I was grinning widely.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was glad to know I was not the only crazy standing in the middle of the lake at this hour with this cold. At far I saw an older couple walking with their hands clasped, she was talking about something and he was listening with all his attention on her. The way he looked at her was charming, the love between them was clear. They laughed, she slapped him lightly feeling embarrassing for something he said. He grabbed her hand and kissed her. They keep walking, talking who knows what.

Someone back hugging me startling me, she giggling pressing her lips on my cold cheek. “Good Morning sweetie” She whispered, tightening the hug.

Hey there. - I said holding her hands around my waist.

I’m glad that you came. – She said peeking my cheek, I smiled at her gesture.

So, besides making me be awake at this inhuman hour, what else do you have in mind?-

I just want to spend time with you.-

Uh huh. - She was all smiling while yesterday she didn’t pick up my phones nor texting me back.

Let’s walk for a little Jessie. - She hold my hand pulling me with her.

We didn’t say anything, my hand was with her inside my pocket. She was smiling as she was watching the sky, she started talking about the movie she saw last night. My eyes never leave her, I saw how her lips moved but I didn’t listen to her. I saw how her eyes brighten, how her free hand move along as her words trying to express what she couldn’t. I smiled when she caught me staring her, she smiled to, those crescents eyes that always manage to disarm me.

What? - She asked.

Nothing, you look pretty. - I told her, she looked away hiding those red cheeks from me.

Do I look stunning? - She teased me about my message, it was my turn to hide my flushed face. I heard her giggling.

Such a romantic girlfriend I have. - She linked her arms with mine.

You didn’t answered my call and text. - I said, she looked away for a moment. I saw her walking and sitting at the edge of a fount. I walked to her sitting beside her.

There was an explanation for that. - She said after a few moments of silent. Her eyes wondering around the floor. I tried to search her eyes and when I saw them, I notice the sadness in them.

What happened?-

I got fired.-

What? Why? - “It was because of me? She got fired because of relationship.” Her silent only guessed my question.

You should told me sooner. - I embraced her, hugging her.

 I know and I wanted but… I just needed a time alone.-

I’m sorry. - I said, she looked me confuse

You don’t need to apologize, it wasn’t your fault.-

Of course it was! I mean…-

I don’t regret it. If that had to happen for me to be with you, then I don’t regret it. - She grabbed my hand intertwine with hers.

I love you. - I said it with all my heart.

I love you too sweetie. - But then I frowned.

What are you going to do? - She shrugged looking at the pigeon resuming his flight.

I don’t know, obviously I will have to look for another job but I don’t worry about it.-

You can work with me. - She smiled shaking her head side to side.

No, thanks but no, it’s sweet of you for offering a job but I think is not a good idea, you know if we see each other all the time we won’t have the chance to miss us and that is bad.- She kiss the tip of my nose. She has giving a lot of kiss this morning.

Gosh you are so sweet. - I said to her throwing my arms around her. “But seriously, what are you going to do?” She thought about it for a brief of second.

I still have time, let’s not worry today. - She said getting closer to me.

And what shall we do? - I said already grinning at her.

Why don’t you come and kiss me? Or do I kiss you? Or we kissed?-  

We let the answer hanging around as our lips are sealed.

­­­­­______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, stop it, you don’t need to say that. - Her voice was more acute than it normally was, and her smile was never dropped from her face, her eyes flashing. It was like seeing a teenage girl with her first boyfriend. So annoyed.

I was with some boy who keep telling me about a restaurant near here, but I didn’t pay attention to him, no when she was behind, sitting casually talking on the phone.

So do you want to go with me? - His face came blocking my vision to her. I blinked a little trying to recall what he was talking about.

Go where? Sorry. - He smiled charmingly.

You are cute, here this is my number. - He said writing down his number.

You won’t regret it. - He winked at me. I just stared him giving him an awkward smile. When he left I tossed aside the paper with his number. I looked where she was before but she was gone, I sighed.

You won’t keep it? - She went behind the counter with me sitting at the only chair. I lean on the counter looking down to her.

What? His number? God, no.-

Why not? He seems nice.-

Nice you say? He was just another guy trying to get on my pants.- She smiled sweetly.

That would be bad. - She said after a while.

Yeah? - I asked, she stared me, she looked like she wanted to say something but remained in silent.

Well, yeah, but probably that’s something you should decide.-

I guess, but even though he is not my type. - I said.

He isn’t? What is your type then Krystal? -  “is she really asking me that?” I feel weird talking about this with her. Still there was another question I was wondering. Should I tell her? She will be scared if I told her I was into girl than man, but still I didn’t want to liar about myself, no after all I went through.

Yes, I mean all man are not my type Victoria. - I said unsurely but said anyway, she smile nodding.

I guess he wasted his time then.-

I guess. - We went to an awkward silent, awkward for me.

Alright, then I think we have something in common then. - She said while she was standing up, I stared her confused.

See you around. - She winked me and I was sure the at least one of my neurons died at that time, she smirked seeing that I stood there like a fool. Just when she was afar I react.

What the hell?!