CHAPTER 26

Something Happend

Ugh! I really hate New York at noon. - I backpack flied away leaning on the couch of my office, I didn’t looked her I was busy typing on my computer but then I saw the hour.

You are here early. - I said, she huffed as she was lying on the couch.

I know, Victoria give me the last few hour.-

Victoria?-

Yeah, my boss. - She said while she was scrolling in her phone.

And why came here?-

I’m not allowed to be here, why is the matter with you? You are always questioning me about being here. - I rolled my eyes, she grinned.

Whatever, I will go to Sunny, she is always happy to see me anyway.-

Kryssie…-

Save it, you are mean. - She left the office, I smiled slightly at her.  I keep typing when she entered one more time at my office.

Sunny didn’t want you? - I .

She is busy making out with her fiancé, anyway did you buy it?- I quirked at her question.

Buy what?-

The tree? You didn’t buy it? What in the world did you do in the morning?-

I was with Tiffany, I was about to buy one but I guess I forgot.-

Clearly, great. - She grabbed her backpack and looked me then she just extended her hand.

What do you want?-

Money, duh! - I throw her a paper ball which she easily ditch it. I rolled my eyes one more time but still I gave her the money.

I will back with a gorgeous tree! See you at home! - She waved me as she was exiting. I shook my head smiling a little. I heard my phone ringing. 

Oh God... What did she want now? - I thought reading her name on my phone. I breathe deeply before answering it.

Hello- I took my glasses massaging my temples.

Hi honey, what are you doing? Want to grab something to eat? - I pinched the bridge of my nose.

What part of I’m a relationship now did you no understand Gyuri?-

Oh C’mon Jessie, she doesn’t suit you, I’m more capable to be with you, don’t you think?-

Of course no, Gyuri please I’m telling you one more time, I’m not interested in you.-

Well, let’s see later honey, now I will buy a good dress, we have been invited to the Park commemoration, so I need to look good, see you later honey.-

Commemoration? Gyuri wait... hello? – I stared the phone until it went black. “Why is this happening?” A message show up making me blink twice, it was from her, I sighed before a read it.

“I will send you some outfits. Can’t wait to be with you!”

                           -Gyuri.

I need to do something. - I mumble, breathing deeply I stared at my computer until someone called me.

We need you outside boss. - It was Hyoyeon, I nodded and I grabbed my telephone and went out.

 

Ugly tree, ugly tree, ugly tree… ugh, there isn’t one pretty. - I hold on of the leaf of the tree just to see it fall by itself.  I sighed.

It would be hard to find one at this time. - I stopped my track grimacing hearing her voice. Slowly I turned to her side.

Long time to see Soojung. - There she was with that cocky smile, with her blue hat hiding her blond hair and of course her jacket, her ridiculous and colorful jacket and those stupid red shoes. “Ugh, why of all people I had to meet her?” I thought.

Amber… so long to see you. - I said going back to my step, looking the trees. I heard her chuckle and walking behind me.

You know, you should have buy it sooner, no days before Christmas.-

Why are you doing here? - I stopped again looking her, she smiled seeing me.

What do you mean?-

You said you will be staying in California, why are you here?-

I’ve missed you. - I chuckled bitterly.

You are the worst, you know that? - I saw her shrugged.

Don’t you missed me?-

No, and now if you let me I need to buy a tree. - I walked faster, leaving her there.

Why don’t we took a cup of tea, or coffee? - She said following me, I was starting to get annoyed.

I don’t want to, leaving me alone.-

Soojung, please. - She grabbed my arm, pulling me to her.

Amber, let me go.-

Soojung, don’t you remember the fun time we had?-

Yes, I do, but you broke up with me, remember? Now let me go.-

I’m sorry Krystal, I’m, please give a second chance.-

I won’t give you anything, and I’m serious, let me go. - She hold me tightly, not caring about what I was saying. I glared her, she just chuckled.

Little kitten is mad?-

Not funny.-

Let’s eat something Krys. - She begun to pulling me at her way, I tried to free me but it was in vain.

Krystal?-

Both of us stopped hearing a third voice behind us, we looked behind and I couldn’t help but smile seeing her.

Victoria! - I said a little too eager.

Everything is ok here?-

Vic…-

Everything is fine, don’t worry. - Amber cut me, I glared her one more time, Victoria notice it.

I don’t think she want to go with you.-

I took the opportunity to get away from her, immediately I ran to where Victoria was shielding myself behind her. Amber of course didn’t like it but didn’t say anything, at the end she just left. I sighed loudly.

Are you ok? - She hold my arm with delicate. The pure feel of her hand was enough to erase the bad taste.

Yeah, I’m now, thanks. - She nodded.

Anytime. - Was her reply.

What are you doing here?-

I, well, I… I was just around. - Her eyes looked everywhere but me, I thought it was rare for her to do something like that knowing the lot of confidence she has. She was nervous.

I think I found a nice tree in the other corner of the street, want to check it out? - She asked me, still with that nervousness, I chuckled seeing her.

Sure, let’s see those trees. - She smiled.

Alright then.-

 

 

*New messages*    15:30pm

*New messages*    15:45pm

*New messages*    16:00pm

*1 missed calls*

*2 missed calls*

*3 missed calls*

*4 missed calls*

 

If you phone sounds again, I will kill you.-

*5 missed calls*

Oh my god! Turn off that damn thing!-

Alright, alright, geez, there is no need to be so aggressive.- Before another call or message entered I turned off. I sighed when I saw the screen turned black.

This is so annoyed. - I mumbled.

Yes, it is, who is calling you and texting you like that?-

Is… uh, just forget it. - I was in not mood to talk right now. At least not about Gyuri.

Uh huh. Spill it out, what is bother you?-

Hyoyeon please, just leave it, I don’t want to talk about it, not now.- She stared at me what seemed an eternity but at the end she shrugged.

Ok, if you don’t want to talk, is fine.-

Thanks, now why we are in the kitchen?-

Oh, just because, you spend a lot of time in your office, your skin color is disappearing.-

Funny. - I said with sarcasm.

Always.-

Seconds later Sunny came with a notebook in hand, she looks surprised seeing us there but she smiled.

Good, you are together, I need to tell you something.-

What is it shorty?-

Don’t call me like that, I’m not Taeyeon.-

Hey! There is no need to mention me. - I laughed seeing the hurt expression of Taeyeon who was just entering.

Sorry Tae but is the true. - Sunny said. Hyoyeon and I laughed one more time.

Anyway, Taeyeon don’t go, I need to tell you this too. - The three of us stayed quiet.

Ok, so, my weeding is in two month approximately, Hyoyeon you are the one who knows about music, I need you to looked something for me, ok, some DJ’s or something like that, can you do this favor?- I chuckled when I saw her puppy eyes, Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

You don’t have to make that face, you dummy, I will do it with all my pleasure, I will make some call and I will tell you what I got, alright?-

Perfect! Thanks blondie, now Taeyeon, you and Sooyoung are very close you can help me convince her to wear a dress?-

What is the deal of her using a suit? - I asked.

Sica, come on, we both are girls, beside I wanted to see her in white too, she would look gorgeous, no that she doesn’t look good in suit, because she does, I love seeing her with a tie, I love more when she just used the tie.-

Ew, gross. - I said, she smirked.

So, Taeyeon, can you?-

Of course, I will tell her.-

Thanks Tae.-

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon left the kitchen when the heard Yuri called them. Sunny looked me smiling all the way.

Please, don’t make me do something ridiculous on your wedding.-

No, never.-

What is it?-

I, actually I want to ask you if you want to be my maid of honor?-

What? Seriously? - I said smiling.

Yes, you are the right person to be my maid of honor, please accept?-

Of course I want to be! - I hugged her in joy.

Great, then you will be. - We both smiled to each other. She left saying she need to get some ingredients for the kitchen. I stayed for a moment in there, I make myself comfortable sitting in one of the counter, I the phone, immediately more than 20 text and calls show up, the majority from Gyuri, there was one from my sister showing on herself and another women beside a tree, “Guess she found one.” I chuckled. Then there was a call from Tiffany, my smile faded remembering Gyuri, I have to do something, I said one more time. I sighed feeling tired already.

Everything ok boss?-

Uh? Oh yeah, everything is fine Yuri.-

You don’t sound fine. - She went near me, in the sink washing some dishes.

It’s just my family, they put me in a not so cool position. - She shook her head.

You know, in times like this I’m really grateful I didn’t born in a rich family. No offense but your family is insane.-

Actually insane is a nice word to described them.-

Cheer up, my party it’s almost near, I promise you will get fun and will make you forget about all this for a moment.- She patted my leg.

I can’t wait. - She grinned.

How many customs are here?-

No less than 10 people, why?-

Let’s close early today, I’m feeling lazy.-

As a worker I should tell you that you should never to do that, but as a friend I’m screaming for freedom. - She left, leaving me with my thoughts.

A message show up in my phone.

*Don’t forget about the Park commemoration, I will wait for you at the entrance of the hotel, don’t be late. See you tonight.

Gyuri.*

I guess I will go. - I said to myself ready to end this.