CHAPTER 15

Something Happend

I can’t believe such a place like this exist.- Her voice hardly pass through the music, the neon light shining and moving around the place, the disco music was in the , everyone was dancing, using their respective custom.

This is so fun!- I said, grabbing  her hand pulling her into the crown, I didn’t know what song was playing, I started dancing with her, my hand now were in her waist, her long arms secure around my neck.

It was almost 2 in the morning and it seems this place is not going to get an end any soon. I couldn’t recall the time when I danced for too long. I collapsed on a near chair, Tiffany sat on my lap.

Do you want to dance a little more? Or would you rather get out of here?-

Let’s get out here. - She nodded at me standing up.

 

 

 We were walking once again in the middle of the night, once again I let pass my bedtime.

It seems that we always hanging out in the night. - She said, taking my hand with her.

Don’t you mind? - I said feeling a little selfish that because of me she stayed awake at this hour.

If is with you I don’t mind at all, beside I used to stay awake.-

We are like vampire. - I said randomly, she laughed.

C’mon little vampire let’s go get something hot to drink. -  She said tightening my hold.

 

 

 

It was almost six in the morning when I came to my house, with a pleasant face I walked through my room, collapsed on my bed, my feet were hanging on the mattress, my arms were fully extended, I keep watched the blades from my fan.

God your cheesiness is too much to handled, you know? - My sister said laying on my bed beside me.

I thought you were sleeping.-

Yes, I was, but you noticed is morning already right? - I looked at my window, she was right.

I guess I didn’t noticed. - She shook her head.

Anyway… my mom called last night. - I looked at her disbelieve.

She called you? - She let out a bitter laugh.

No, she called you, she left a message on your phone.-

You should picked up. - I said.

Yes, I almost did it, but then her disappointed face appear in front of me, and I decide to not do anything.- Her eyes were shining, her tears were almost out but she shrugged it.

I… I’m sorry Kryssie.-

Don’t be, I have been thinking, if they don’t love for who I’m then they don’t deserved to know me, or know what I’m up to, they are not worth for it.- I couldn’t described my feelings inside of me, she was giving up to her family so in that way to be true to be herself and I…

I’ll always be by your side. - I said to her, she smiled at me standing up.

And I will be by your side too, anyway I’m off.-

Where are you going?-

I think I need to find another job, you know being useless is not my thing, see you later… oh and I want to hear about your little date.-

You know, you can just work in my coffee shop.-

I know but I don’t feel it right, see you. - The door was closed, let me alone with my thought.

How selfish I was to let her be the only one facing this nightmare, standing up too I went to the living room, with an idea that I knew it was going to be a hell.

The seconds passed and I couldn’t recall in what moment I grabbed the phone and dialed her number. It was when I hear her voice when I came with my sense, with a trembling heart I answered.

Hello mom...-

Oh darling finally you picked up, I called you last night.-

Yes I know.-

You know? And why you didn’t answered me?-

Listen mom, I-I need to tell you something.-

Actually I need to tell you something too, let’s meet up in my usual restaurant.-

Ok I will see you then.-

Perfect-

Mom...- I said before she could hang out.

Yes?-

I love you. - For a reason I wanted to hear her saying back to me.

I love you too, see you in a little bit.-

Bye. – The line went dead, I feel my heart more heavily, I was pretty sure she will no feel nor say the same once I tell her the truth.

 

 

 

I’m glad you are back, I have been missing you. - A deer eyes said to me a second after a hang up with one of my costumer, I smiled at her comment.

I’m glad to be here too, it’s so boring staying at my house all day.-

That is why you should find a partner.-

Actually Yoona that is something I want to tell you.-

Wow wow, you flattered me but you are not my type even though you are really hot. - I smacked her head, shook at her behavior.

That’s not what I meant, aish… anyway… I will tell you but I need you not to tell everyone, promise?-

So much mystery, is someone really big?-

No Yoona I need…-

Wait, is it a politician?-

No, Yoona listen to….-

Did you go back with Siwon?-

Of course no! Yoona just listen to me!- she smiled at me, muttering a sorry.

First I need you to promise me.-

Alright I promise.-

Good… D-Do you remember Jessica?-

Jessica? She works here? - I shook my head.

Mmm… is she a friend of yours that I know?-

Guess again.-

I give up, tell me who is this Je… wait…is Jessica the girl that called you, Jessica as your client? - I nodded at her.

Wow… Wow! Are you serious?!-

Keep it down will you, come here. - She walked to me sitting on my desk, I watched that nobody was near from us.

It’s a long-short story, we started to talk and everything, accord to our work, but then I met her accidentally outside of work…-

Wait, accidentally?-

Yes, she didn’t know who I was in the beginning,  I gave her my Korean name, but then… well I don’t know how but she figures out that it was me all the time, the girl behind the phone and the girl she met occasionally.-

Wow I can’t believe it, is like a movie, how romantic is that! - She grabbed my hands standing up, and jumping like a fangirl.

Ok Yoona, calm down.-

Why you didn’t tell me sooner?-

I don’t know maybe I was scared, if you knew about it, then other people will know about it and Boa will know and she will tell me to cut it out.-

What do you think I’m? A snitch? Boa will never know…-

I will never know what Yoona? - Both of us frizzed at her voice, Yoona turn around quickly.

It’s a secret, so I’m not going to tell you. - She said childish.

No you are going to tell me…-

Oh my! Looked at the hour, I need to go, I have to work, see you Boa, see you later Tiffany! - In a split of second Yoona was gone, Boa looked at me suspiciously.

Believe me, I don’t know anything. - I said playing along with Yoona.

Alright I’ll keep an eye on her, anyway I will go, keep working. - I nodded at her, it was not until she left that I could breathe properly.

 

 

 

For a reason the scene in front of me recall me the other night when I was on a dinner with Donghae, just that now it was my own mom in front.

She was ordering the most expensive food that you could find on the menu, I simply said I was going to have a glass of water.

That’s all you can leave now. - She said to the waitress. She looked at me.

Why are you dressing like that? - I stared at my outfit, a simple white blouse with a skinny jeans.

What is wrong with this?-

We are in an elegant restaurant. - I didn’t have time for this.

Listen mom I…-

Donghae talk to me the other day- My words were interrupted, for a moment I didn’t believe what I hear.

Say again?-

You husband called me.-

Ex-husband-

Well he want you back, he asked my permission and your dad’s.-

And? I’m still divorced, that don’t change anything.-

Jessica, honey please just accepted, he is a good man, he’s rich and he has a good fortune in his hand.-

I don’t love him. - She chuckled at my statement.

That doesn’t matter.-

For me it does, I already discuss with him, and my answer was no.- She sighed, taking a sip of her champagne.

Jessica, let’s think this a little deeper ok?-  

No, mom listen to me I made a decision.-

Don’t be stubborn…-

You don’t be!-

How you dare to talk like that to me? - She said shocked at me behavior. Taking a deep breath I tried to cold down.

I’m not a little kid, you can’t control my life anymore. - I said, she laughed hysterical.

Oh please Sooyeon, you barely know what you want, just because you own a little store,  that is not going to end well for you.-

First is not a store is a coffee shop and secondly believe me I’m doing so great.-

Sooyeon I’m getting tired just say yes to him.-

No, I’m not going to.-

God you sound just like your sister.-

Don’t mention her, you don’t have the right to say her name.-

Ok, stop alright your attitude is unacceptable, let’s not complicated our life anymore, just accepted him back and everything will be like it used to be, all the family united.-

What about Krystal?-

She is no longer part of it you know that, so enough about her, we don’t care anymore about her.-

Well if that is the case then you will don’t care about me anymore.- My mom stared at me, her eyes were telling me to be quite.

What are you talking about? Sooyeon just do what I say and…-

I’m gay… I think lesbian is the correct term.-

Don’t be ridiculous.-

I’m not in fact I have a girlfriend which I’m deep in love, so yes… that’s all I’m going to say, accepted it or no… See you later mother. - I said standing up quickly, my tears were on the brink to fall out. I didn’t know if my mom stayed there or she tried to stop me. That didn’t happen.

A weight was suddenly lifted of my shoulder but the fear persisted.

What would happen next?...