CHAPTER 16

Something Happend

The ride back home was… how could I say it? Overwhelming but with a feel of freedom. I walked with no direction, I just walked, my thoughts were running inside my mind, I was thinking in everything but without paying attention.

I was scared, that for sure, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

I looked up, I missed the sunset, the lights of the street slowly began to glow. Suddenly someone bumped on me, making me to fall on the floor.

“Aish, that hurts” I said whispered to me.

“Oh my God, I’m sorry, I was in hurry and I didn’t see you, are you ok?” She was looking at me apologetically with her hand extended.

“Don’t worry.” I said grabbing her hand to help me stand up.

“Look at you, your is all cover with snow.” I chuckled a little.

“That’s not a problem.” She smiled at me.

“Are you sure are you ok?”

“Yes, no need to worry.” She, once again looked at me, her eyes remind me of a deer. Her hair reached her shoulders, she was wearing a red scarf, which look well with her skin, she was beautiful even with that enormous jacket.

“It was from my dad, he always told me to not wearing it but it’s so warm that I can’t help it.” I was a little embarrassed that she caught me staring her.

“It looks like that.”

“So what were you looking? Before I crashed on you.”

“Oh, nothing in particularly, I was just…” I didn’t finished my sentence, she looked at me understanding.

“I do that too, just stared at something and started thinking, sometimes I get in troubles because I distracted myself occasionally.” 

“Anyways, I shouldn’t take away more of your time,”

“You didn’t” For a reason I wanted her to know.

“I’m Jessica by the way” I said extending my hand, still in surprised with my friendly attitude. She took it smiling all the way.

“Yoona, my name is Yoona, placed to meet you Jessica.”

“Same here, anyways you said you were in hurry.”

“Yes but I’m late anyways. Do you want to grab a cup of coffee?”

“Yes of course.” It was right, right? I was just being friendly, that’s all.

“Perfect, I know where, my friend told me about this coffee shop near here, she said that is delicious there and the service is excellent.” I nodded at her, following her lead, she was talking about how she was supposed to meet her parents but her taxi never show up and she decide to take the bus but she missed the stop, and how she was running with all her power to make it on time and that was when she crashed on me.

“And now you totally missed the visit.” I said to her, she simply shrugged.

“I can see them later. We are here.” I looked up to see where we were, what a surprise was that it was my own coffee shop.

“Unbelievable.” I chuckled, she stared at me confuse.

“It’s my coffee shop, I’m the owner.”

“Really?! What the odds right?”

“Yes, you are right. Let’s get inside.” She nodded at me like a puppy.

 

She was sitting at the bar table, with her coffee in hand, I was at the other side of the counter.

“It’s delicious, my friend was right.” She said sipping more of her cup.

“I’m glad you like it.”

“It’s really cool that I met the owner, I would have never imagined.”

“Yes that was unexpectedly.” I said taking a sip of my own coffee.

“I will bring my friend with me.” She said, making me look at her.

“That would…”

“Wait!” She cut me, her eyes were wide opened, she then stared at me disbelief.

“You are Jessica!” she pointed at me. I was a little surprised with her.

“Yes, I told you before.”

“Oh My God! You are Jessica! That Jessica!” She said smiling and clapping all excited. Everyone around us started to notice us, I was a little embarrassed for that, even Taeyeon was looking at me strangely.

“I’m a little confuse here.” I said frowning at her. She looked at me all happy.

“Definitely I will bring her here.”

“Who?”

“You girlfriend.” 

“Say what?”

“Maybe I should introduced myself again.” She stood up, cleared . I, of course did not understand what was happening here.

“Hello, I’m Yoona, Tiffany’s friend.” She said like if she was doing something extraordinary. It took me a few second to rethink about what she said.

“Tiffany? Hwang Tiffany?” she nodded at me

“Yes, Tiffany, your Tiffany.” She smirked at her last statement.

We spent almost two hours talking about how strange it was how we met, at the beginning I questioner her, still in doubt about how she was talking about my Tiffany.

“Sorry for interrupting you, but Jessica Taeyeon need you for a moment.” It was Yuri who stood there beside Yoona.

“Alright, it’ll take a minute Yoona.”

“Don’t worry I’ll be here.” She said not really paying attention to me but Yuri.

“Yuri, take care of here.” She nodded at me.

As a started to go with Taeyeon I notice how Yuri too didn’t looked at me but Yoona.

“How strange” I said murmuring.

“What is strange?” Taeyeon said, she was standing outside my office.

“Nothing, I was just talking to myself. Anyways, Yuri told me you need me?”

“Well, yes, is just that I need to go to my hometown and I want to ask you if I can be absence for a few days.” She was really hesitated while asking me this.

“You know you can go Taeyeon, something happens?”

“My dad is sick, I don’t really know the details but my mom asked me if I could be there.”

“Oh my Taeyeon, of course you have to be with your family, feel free to stay there the time you need, if you need something you can tell me, alright?”

“I will, thanks Jessica. Well I will return with my work, see you later.” I nodded at her, after she left I saw at the far how Yuri was talking to Yoona, leaning each other flirtatiously. I shook at them, I decided to wait a little long just for not interrupted anything.

“Jessica! There you are.” This time it was Sunny who emerged from the kitchen,

“What up bunny?” She smiled at me, knowing that she liked when I called her that way.

“I want to give you this.” she handed me a white envelope wrapped in transparent paper. I turned over to see her name and Sooyoung’s name on the back of the envelope.

“You are officially invited to my weeding, I give you four passes, two for you and your girlfriend, and another two for Soojung and her date.”

“Wow, thanks, I still can’t believe you are getting married.”

“Me neither and I’m the bride, anyway the date is not settled down yet but I will tell you with advance.” I simply nodded at her. Then she smirked looking to another direction.

“What do you think? They will be on a date later.” She said staring at Yuri and Yoona.

“Yes, I think so too.” We both laugh at that thought.

 

It was kind of late when I enter to my house, Krystal wasn’t there, I didn’t notice I was so tired until my body touch the couch.

“It was a long day.” I stood up, wanting something to eat I went to the kitchen, just before I was going to open my refrigerator my doorbell sound, reluctantly I went to the door, looking through the viewfinder I saw my mother at the other side of the door.

“What did she want now?” Whispering I opened the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“You left me this afternoon and leaved me alone in the restaurant, you know that all the people were stared at me.”

“And you are here because?” She didn’t respond me rapidly, she enter like if she was the owner, we went to the living room. After a while she looked at me.

“Well I think you own me an apology”

“Excuse me?” I couldn't believe it, is she serious?

“You can't just leave me there like that, I'm your mom.”

“Mom, please, it’s been a long day, why did you come here.” My mom sighed like is she was tired of something.

“I came here to put some sense in your head.”

“Mom, we already talked about it. I'm not planning to get back with him and already gives you an explanation.”

“No, you didn't give anything, beside I don't know why you don't want to be with him.”

“I told you I don't love him, beside I'm ...”

“And who care if you don't love him, I didn't love your father but I'm not complained, so stop this childish thing and accepted him, I don't even know why you two separated in the first place?”

“He asked me, no let me rephrase that, his lawyer asked me to get the divorce, he didn't have the decent to ask me in person.”

“And how can you said something like that about dad for God sake!”

“Oh please stop being such a baby and grow up, get back with him.”

“He is a jerk! Didn't you hear what I said?”

“Sooyeon...”

“Beside I already have girlfriend...”

“That is another thing, Better your drop all this gay thing it doesn't suit you.”

“What are you talking about?! I'm not dropping anything, I'm gay and I'm really deep in love with this girl.”

“Doesn't exist such a thing as a love, I'm telling you this one more time, get some sense and get back with Donghae, your life with him it will be better, he is enough rich to served you right, he has a good last name and is an important man, not to mention he is our business partner.”

“Oh God please, I don't care about how big or important he is, why do you care too much?”

“Because in this sociality a good name is better than our values, so you hear me.” I stayed in silent contemplating about the person that was in front of me. Feeling really sorry about her. I couldn’t recognized her anymore.

That moment the living room was filled with nothing else but silent, awkwardness and silent, who was broken by the sound of the front door closed.

“Jessie I'm home, I have the greatest new.” My sister came, I could feel my shoulder stiffed.

Jessi are you in home?- I didn't reply she was already in the living room, frozen I have to say, her eyes were wide open at the sight of our mother.

“Mom, what are you doing here?” she asked her, my mom didn't replied her.

“I forget she lives with you? Now I know where you get that attitude.” I looked at her angry, how can she said something like that. I took a quickly glance to where my sister was standing up, she was looking down, her eyes filled with tears.

“Leave my house now! You are not welcome anymore here! I don't want to see you ever again! Leave!” I said pushing her out my house.

“How you dare to talk...” I closed the door shutting her at the way. I went back to the living room, were my sister was, now sitting on the couch.

“Soojung...are you ok?” I said sitting beside her. She nodded at me, still looking down.

“Soojung.” I hugged her. She didn't say anything.

 

The T.V was on, the coffee table was filled with all kind of trash food and there were empties bottles of ice cream, empties bags of chips and cookies. I was on the sofa with my little sister in my arms, I was pretty sure it was late but neither of us wanted to sleep yet.

“I remember” I said getting her attention. She looked up to me.

“You said you have good news right?”

“Oh, yes, I find a job.” she said getting up, taking another position, she was now sitting in front of me with her legs crossed.

“Oh really? That's awesome, where?”

“It's a library, near from your work actually, I was passing by and saw the placard that they were looking for someone to help. So I went and they interviewed me. I started next Monday, and the pay is good.”  She said almost smiled all the way.

“I'm happy that you found a job.”

“Yes. I will sleep, I'm tired. See you in the morning ok?” She said standing up and walking to her room.

“See you in the morning.” Her door's room closed. For instance the TV didn't get my attention.  I turned off, I started to clean up when I call enter on my phone.

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetie.”

“Tiffany hi.”

“I didn't know you will be up at this hour.” She said, confuse I looked at my watch just to see that it was almost six in the morning. How fast the time passed that I didn’t notice.

“Yes, I haven't sleep to be honest. “ I sat once again on the couch watching through the window how the sun started to rise.

“Why are you awake at this hour?” I asked.

“I'm off to my work, something happened?” I smiled bitterly.

“C-Can you call me later? Please.” I said ignoring her question. I was about to cry my voice was trembling, she seems to notice it.

“I will go to your work later ok, are you alright?” The sun strays filled the living room little by little.

“I will be. See you later tiff.”

“See you sweetie, call me if you need something.” I didn't reply her, I drop my phone on the coffee table. I keep watching the sunrise, the sound of the city started to wake up, soon enough it was time for me to leave for work too.

 

After I took a bath I went to my sister's room, trying to not make any sound I walked to her, she was deeply asleep.

“I'm going to work, love you.” I whispered at her hear, kissing her cheek. Before closing the door I took one last glance to her, now she was my responsibility, even though she was an adult already.

“I won’t leave you alone this time.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I should be sleeping at this time but it seems that it will be difficult to sleep, anyway I started another story a little different, feel free to read :D you can read it here

Thanks for those who post their comments and for those who read my story. Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful day guys! :D