CHAPTER 23

Something Happend

I was drinking some coffee as I wait to the sun rise, the house was in silent, and I didn’t dare to turn on the TV. I put one of my chair near the window so I can see the city below, I saw some people running, other just walking lazily. A small headache join me on this cold morning. After I receive the text from that women I couldn’t fall sleep, I tried though but in vain, so for the sake of my girlfriend I went out of my room, no wanting to wake her up.

God the only thing I needed now was a crazy women behind me.- I said sipping on my drink, I saw how the sun started to show up, destroying the black sky with a handful of orange colors.

I was immersed watching the city that I didn’t notice my sister went out of her room.

Jessie? - I looked behind me, I smiled seeing her coming to me as she was rubbing her sleepy eyes.

What are you doing up so early?-

I couldn’t sleep, are you going to work? - She nodded. She sat down on my lap taking away my mug sipping it.

Mmm, it’s delicious. - I rolled my eyes. I take my cup out of her hands, she chuckled. She embrace me leaning her head aside my neck, she closed her eyes.

I’m too sleepy. - She murmured, I pated her back for a while until I remembered she has to go to work.

You can’t fall asleep Soojung. - I whispered her. She whined but still she get up from my lap.

I will take a shower.-

I will make breakfast. - I said, she nodded before going to her room.

 

 

I was on my way to prepare some French toast when I felt a pair of arms wrapping my waist startling me a bit, then I heard her chuckled.

I miss you when I woke up. - She said kissing the side of my neck making me feel shivers around.

Sorry, I woke up early.-

It’s ok. - She turned me around making us be front to front, she kissed me slightly, nibbling my lips, I kissed her back putting my arms around her neck and she grabbed me through my waist. We were lost in our world.

Did you finished the break… what the?!- We pulled away hearing my sister entering in the kitchen.

Tiffany?-

H-Hi Krystal, morning. - Tiffany said taking a few step away from me. Krystal looked us.

You sleep here? Why I didn’t noticed?-

I thought you knew, I mean you opened the door last night. - I said to her.

Yes I did, but I didn’t expected to her stay here, which I don’t mind it. - She said the last seeing Tiffany.

I invited her. - I said finally, Krystal looked at me with mischievous eyes. “Since it was late. - “I added.

Uh huh, whatever, I’m just glad you didn’t make noise last night. - She said smirking at us, I blushed while Tiffany just laugh nervously.

We didn’t....-

Save it, I don’t need to hear it. - She said grabbing a plate and serving some of my French toast.

We had breakfast together until Krystal got off no forgetting to tease us one more time.

Just don’t wake to the neighbors.-

Leave now. - I said to her, she just laughed before going out.

Tiffany and I just stood there awkwardly, she smiled to me grabbing my hand. She kissed my cheek before going to my room. I just smiled.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So how long has you been in this band?-

I think it’s already 2 years.-

And where you play?-

You know the abandoned scenario near the football field? - I nodded.

Well, once in month many bands plays there so my band. That’s our biggest show through the year but mostly we play in bars or other events.-

That’s cool, I want to go to one of those concert, I bet the atmosphere it’s really great.-

You really want to go?-

Yes, of course.-

Ok, I will let you know when the date is out, alright?-

Alright then. - He was about to say something else when a costumer came with a book in hand, I took the opportunity to be somewhere else. I grabbed a bunch of books ready to stack in place. I went to the mystery section as many books belong here.

You know he only want to go out with you right? - I heard someone behind me startled me making me drop the books. I turned back where the voice came.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. - I let a relief breath seeing who was.

I wasn’t scare, a little surprised that’s it Victoria. - She nodded kneeling to grab the books.

Here it is. - She handled to me.

Thanks. -  She nodded and smiled one more time. She starting to leave.

I know. - I answered her, she looked at me quirking her eyebrow.

I know Kai just wanted to go out with me. - I said. She come closer, blocking the only view I had at the moment, now I was trapped between the wall and her, no that she was near me or blocking my way but… yeah.

So are you planning to go out with him?-

No, I mean yes but as a friend. - She chuckled. “Beside I don’t think dating someone with whom you share work it’s a good idea.-“ She nodded a little to lifeless, which I found it kind of weird but then she smiled one more time.

I think it’s wise for you to think that way. - She grabbed her phone and started dialing someone but before she could talk through the phone she looked at me. “But I think love appears from nowhere, so be careful to not fall in love.-“She said then she just left speaking to whoever was on the phone.

What is she talking about? - I pick my phone too sending a text.

 

To Sunny.

“Your friend (Victoria) she is kind of weird.”

 

No longer had I received a text back. I read it and furrowed my eyebrow.

 

From Sunny.

That’s her charm :P

 

Maybe I had weird friends. I shook my head leaving that hall, from afar I saw Victoria laughing at something while she was on the phone. I found it a little cute seeing her smile.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I kept staring at the steam escaping from my cup, following the breeze from my sigh. With a pen in my hand I started to play with it, my notebook was victim of my anxiety. How am I supposed to get rid of that crazy woman? I don’t need this in my life, I just wanted to love freely. I let out another sigh, more loudly this time. I saw many people staring me, I was outside my coffee shop sitting in one of my tables that was here. I made some doodling trying to clear my mind. From nowhere my cup was filled with more coffee. I looked up seeing Taeyeon.

Thanks. - I said monotonically, she sat down looking me worriedly.

Are you ok? - I debated if I should tell her, if it was a good idea. I looked her, she was stared me with those worried eyes.

I-I have a problem. - I finally said.

Problems with Tiffany? - I shook my head, at least I haven’t had it yet.

What is it then? - I sighed feeling a little depressed with this situation. I saw how Taeyeon stood there smiling slightly. I told her what happened through this days and the days she was absent.

Too much has happen. - Was the only thing she said for a few seconds.

Well, obviously you have tell Tiffany if you don’t want to create misunderstandings. - I knew that.

And you have to talk to that girl, tell her you weren’t lying.-

You think is a good idea to see her?-

Yes, and, well I think you should bring Tiffany with you. - I stared her. It was a good idea. I nodded, she left seeing more customer walk in the coffee shop. I dialed her number, I need to tell here sooner.  After five beeps she answered but I frowned hearing her.

Jessie, can we talk later, it’s not a good time. - Then she hung up, no hearing my reply.

What was that? -  Something wasn’t right and I shuddered for no knowing.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I must say it’s has been really annoying to see her laughing for so long to whoever was on the phone with her. I kept staking books near where she was and I didn’t know why in the first place. 

She has this charming smile placed on her face and I found myself keep staring her. For my sake I went out trying to breathe the fresh air from outside. I saw the sky being blocked by many clouds. The chill breeze embraced me, I hugged myself as I blow out making white smoke coming from my mouth. I smile slightly. I was childish and I didn’t care.

Having fun? - I startled for the second time this day, she chuckled a bit.

You always appear like this? - I asked back. She shook her head leaning on the wall. She watched the car passing and I took the opportunity to look her one more time. I notice the red scarf wrapping around her neck, a slight breeze came, making her hair play with the wind. I wished I have a camera with me so I can froze the time. I stopped my thoughts. This was ridiculous, this was unacceptable. It was my second or third time that I see her and she has this effect on me.

Enjoying the view? - She asked returning her eyes on me, I saw that cocky smile again.

Shouldn’t you be working? - She said cocking her head staring me… lovely? I find it cute.

I know, I was going to. - I said before I excused me. She nodded still staring me almost smirking.

For the rest of my hours there I tried hard no to search her which I failed terrible.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

               

Can you please go to my office? - I quirked my eyebrow hearing the seriousness on her voice. Yoona was with me at that moment, she noticed too.

Did you do something? - She asked which I denied. I shrugged.

Probably it’s nothing, just her being all stressed. - I stood up walking to my boss’s office.

I recall the last time I was here, it was a long time, she changed some of her furniture, making the office be more sophisticated. I sat down, she has this serious face. I was having a bad feeling about this.

You wanted to see me? - I asked, she nodded but didn’t say anything until she finishes writing something on her computer.

I need to talk to you about something that I heard and I want you to be honest with me, ok? - I nodded, in my six years working here I had never saw her this serious, almost like she was mad.

Tiffany, are you seeing someone right? - I froze, should I tell her? I mean I need to tell her.

Yes, I’m seeing someone. - She nodded. Then she looked at me sternly.

 Tiffany you know I don’t really care about you dating, I’m glad actually that you are seeing someone but…- She didn’t finished something was holding her and I kind of know what was it.

This person, whoever was, it was one of your client? - I sighed preparing myself for whatever was coming.

Used to be my client. - I answered her. She pinched her bridge of her nose.

Tiffany we have rules and you know it, you can’t...-

I know, believe I know but it just happened and I know that is not a good reason.-

Tiffany, you can’t date your clients, it’s really risky for our jobs, what if something bad happens, she can demand us and we can lost our work here. You know our jobs is not like others we don’t have something to protect us if a demand arise.

Bora how long ha you know me, you think I don’t know what I risked here, but she will not do something like that. - She was about to said something else but my phone beat her. I saw my girlfriends name on the screen, I answered her.

Jessie, can we talk later, it’s not a good time. – I hung up no waiting for her reply.

Bora and I stayed on her office until noon.