SIX

Lost in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lost in Love

Six

2005, Seoul.

‘Appa-’

‘Oh, Shin Hye-yah, what’s wrong?’ Mr. Park looks up only to see Shin Hye is running from the staircase towards them.

‘Appa, can I just the music club later?’ The high schooler, Shin Hye, asks.

‘Please, Appa.’ Shin Hye pleas when Mr. Park seems to be in hesitant.

‘But can you come home early today? Ian is here. We should go out for dinner together later.’ Mr. Park utters. ‘Appa wants to introduce you to Ian.’

Shin Hye furrows her brows as she looks at her father curiously. ‘Ian?’

Mr. Park could only nods. He glances over the young guy sitting just across him.

‘He just came this morning. Shin Hye-yah, have breakfast with us.’

Shin Hye quickly shakes her head, declining his invitation. ‘It is okay, Appa. I am not hungry yet, plus it is still early to eat-’

‘Shin Hye-yah, you are always skipping your breakfast-’ Mr. Park whines as he stares at his only daughter.

She giggles softly. ‘Appa, bye bye! I will see you later.’

‘Shin Hye-yah-’

‘Ian, nice to meet you.’ Shin Hye smiles brightly as she hastily greets the young guy. ‘Let meet later. Anneyeong~’

Yong Hwa is unable to say anything to her when Shin Hye is already running towards the main door.

But, after that Yong Hwa never get any chances to talk with Shin Hye personally. That bright girl is too busy enjoying her school life that she often goes out early and come home late. Many times, he invites her to breakfast and dinner together, and as usual, Shin Hye and her ridiculous excuses.

‘I am too tired to munch my food.’

‘Since my eyes are too heavy, so I think I need my beauty sleep.’

‘I am on my strict diet.’

Few times, Yong Hwa coincidently bumps into her at street but Shin Hye seems never realise him.

Maybe she never really pay attention on me.

***

2015, Hong Kong

Yong Hwa keeps on staring at the ceiling. He could not even fall asleep that night. It had been two days, they have been in Hong Kong together. He is sure Shin Hye is sleeping next door. If only she is still awake, maybe he will invites her to a late night talk.

He gingerly sit up as he looks around his spacious room. This is his first time renting an apartment. Usually, a suite will do.  But, since Shin Hye is coming with him so he decided to get an apartment for them. At least, he can cook if he is hungry, or maybe he can ask Shin Hye to make food for him. It would be awkward for him if he is going to invite Shin Hye to fancy restaurants.

Just then, a smile creeps on his face. Thinking about Shin Hye alone enough to make him smiling like a silly guy.

Yong Hwa hastily pushes his blanket and goes outside. Suddenly he is feeling thirsty.

His brows curl up when he see Shin Hye alone at the dining room.

‘What are you doing?’

Her eyes widen as she looks up at him. She does not expect to see him at this hour too.

‘I guess I am hungry again.’ Shin Hye simply says as she continues to chew her food.

Yong Hwa nods his head as he takes the empty seat across her.

‘Why are you still up at this hour?’ Shin Hye asks him suspiciously. ‘Do you need anything?’

‘I am thirsty-’

‘Do you want me to get something for you?’

‘Yeah, sure.’ Yong Hwa looks over Shin Hye getting out strawberry juice for him before placing it infront of him.

Yong Hwa continues to stare at Shin Hye as the young girl shove spoonful of rice into her tiny mouth.

‘I am always hungry at this hour.’ Shin Hye confess as she looks back at him.

‘That is why you always skip your breakfast?’

Shin Hye furrows her brows. ‘How did you know that?’

Yong Hwa starting to panic when Shin Hye asks him back while the younger girl continues to shove her food inside .

‘I just assume it.’

Shin Hye chuckles softly. ‘You are really good at assuming things.’

Yong Hwa could only grin as he continues to stare at her.

***

Shin Hye could not hide her excitement when Yong Hwa agrees to bring her to Disneyland that evening. Finally, he grants her wishes. Shin Hye giggles as she looks over her reflection through mirror as she ties her hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter