FOURTEEN

Lost in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lost in Love

FOURTEEN

Flashback

‘Don’t you remember Ian? A boy that your father adopted he was young.’ Director Kang stares at confused Shin Hye.

‘You met him before at your house.’ He says again, trying to bring back her memories.

‘When?’

‘You were in high school that time, and Ian just started his college. He came to visit you and your dad during summer. You guys even talk-’

‘How about now?’ Shin Hye solemnly looks at the old man. ‘Does he still related to my father? Did my father send him to look for me?’

‘Shin Hye-yah-’

‘Can you just answer my questions?’

Director Kang slightly nods his head. ‘He always been there for your father. He came back leaving everything he has in New York to stay beside your father and Ambior-’

‘I must be really stupid to trust him so much.’ Shin Hye scoffs, could not believe of what she just heard. No wonder, he looks very suspicious. ‘He must be having fun playing around with me.’

‘No, my god, Shin Hye-yah, he is not playing with you. We just want the best for you, just like your father wants.’

Shin Hye let out her soft chuckles. ‘The best for me? Yet you guys still forcing me to join Ambior though everyone aware that I am not even interested. Is that you think the best for me?’

Director Kang sighs deeply, trying to put a smile on his face even he knows it is hard for him to smile at her.

‘We are sorry-’

‘Appa and you always forcing me to do things that I am not favour of but now you are regretting them and even feeling sorry. How funny it is? Why he send Yong Hwa to find me? Why not he finds his daughter by his own?’

The old man remains silence. He has no intention to tell Shin Hye yet about her father. She might not be ready for that. For now, he will just let her vent out all her frustration over year.

‘Appa never understands me. How could he did that to me? I am his only daughter. I hate it that my future has been planned ahead without my knowledge and trying to get me engage with Ian- I even hate you more for you never try to stop my father with his ridiculous ideas-’

Shin Hye quickly wipes her tears away. She has been strong all these years living fine alone, and she needs to be strong too today infront of him but her tears, her heart has been betraying her. Her tears keep on falling on her cheeks. Her heart is clenching and it hurts her a lot seeing him hurting too.

‘I trust you so much but you never stand for me-’

‘I am sorry, Shin Hye.’ Director Kang slightly bows his head. It hurts him too seeing her crying because of his wrongdoings. ‘I should have understand you well.’

‘I- I should be going now.’ Shin Hye looks away, preparing herself to leave when suddenly Director Kang put her at halt.

‘Are you not going to ask about your father?’

‘Why should I? He never even care of me-’

‘He always been waiting for you. Always! I hope now we found you, he could be more peaceful.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘You should co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter