Chapter Eight

Angel Vessel

After we waited for Dr. Cho and the coroner to come, we headed back to Seoul. I insisted that I drive and Myungsoo get some rest. As the case progressed, I was sure that we wouldn't be getting any more sleep.

I was also afraid about dreaming again. Whenever I had dreamed of fire, it always had to do with the house and my parents. But, this time it was completely different. I shifted the gear and started driving. "Don't make us crash." Myungsoo mumbled with his eyes closed. "Don't worry. I won't hurt your precious car." I laughed softly. "I just don't want you to get hurt." he answered and then he drifted off.
 
"You're so stupid." I gave him one last look before turning back to the road.
 
"Wake up sleepy head." I shook Myungsoo gently. "Five more minutes, mom." he grumbled and I smiled. "I'd smack you if you were my kid. Oi." I nudged him.  He rubbed his eyes. "Where are we?" he asked. "The station." I smiled.
 
He sat up slowly. "We can't do anything until more forensics reports come in, so let's just call it a day." I said. He nodded. "Get home safe," he said. I nodded and went to get my car.
 
Once home, I picked up the paper with Woohyun's number. Taking a deep breath I called the number. He didn't answer until the fourth ring. "Who's this?" he asked. I could hear the faint sound of club music in the background. "You still have time to club? Shouldn't you be helping to figure out how we can stop this guy?!" I asked exasperated.
 
"Minji? Wait. Don't get the wrong idea." He started but I cut him off. "You can go back to your business then, almighty guardian angel." and I hung up on him. 
 
My phone rang right away after that with Woohyun's number but I ignored it. Throwing my phone onto the couch I went into my bedroom to change into my comfortable clothes. It was when I clad in only my undies, I heard something behind me. I turned around to see Woohyun appear out of thin air. He blinked and then our eyes met. It was also then, I screamed. "Get out! Get out! Get out!" I grabbed the blanket off my bed to cover myself and threw the nearest thing at him. "I'm sorry!" he rushed to get out of the room. I threw another pillow at him on his way out. "ert!" I called after him.
 
When I finally finished changing and went back into the living room, he was sitting on the couch with his head down, scratching the back of his head. "Did you see anything?" I asked him. He raised his head. "N-no." he answered. I gave him a withering look. 
 
"You didn't even let me explain." he said gesturing towards the phone. "Yeah, but that doesn't give you the right to teleport into my bedroom?" I glared at him. "Well I didn't know you would change right after hanging up on me. So I thought instead of spooking you by appearing out of nowhere, I would appear in your room and walk out." I rolled my eyes. "Oh sure, that wouldn't have spooked me either." I said sarcastically. 
 
"I'm sorry okay." He raised his hands in surrender. "Whatever. Next time. Knock. It's what normal people do." I said. "But, I'm an angel." he looked at me wide-eyed. I sighed. "What are you here to say?" I wanted to get to the point.
 
"I was at Inspirit when you called me. But, I wasn't clubbing. I didn't even drink. They were having a small memorial service for Kim Hana. Apparently she was a regualar customer there and her death was in the newspaper today." I looked at his outfit and it looked conservative. A black button up collared shirt and dark dress pants. Where did an angel go shopping?
 
"Oh." I felt bad for hanging up on him now. "So why did you call me?" Woohyun asked leaning back into my couch. "Can you help me find the rest of the woman's body?" I asked sitting down on the coffee table in front of him. He deliberated for a moment. "If I do, will you ask for a break from work and stay away from this?"
 
"Hell no!" I stood up immediately. "You know why I want you to stay away from this." He said eyebrows furrowing.
 
"I do. But, I have you to protect me. Those women do not. Kim Hana was and tortured. This woman, we can't even identify her because her body is being scattered all over the place by that bastard. You can't ask me to sit around." 
He sighed heavily. "You're so stubborn!"
 
"Well you should already know that. We can bring this guy down. I'm not afraid." I said and he stared at me then. "Alright." He suddenly said and I blinked. That was easier than I thought. "So when are you starting?"  I asked. "I'll fly around after dinner. I'm starving." And as if on cue, his stomach growled.
 
I laughed. "I guess I owe you food." and I went into my kitchen. "What are you making?" He walked in. "Something that probably wouldn't kill you." I smiled slightly. "Oh that's comforting." He crossed his arms with a small smile and leaned against the granite countertop. I dug through the fridge and set water on the stove to boil.
 
"What are you doing?" I asked as I started to chop up some pork belly and vegetables. "Watching you." He replied naturally and I stopped chopping to throw him a look. "That is creepy." I gave an awkward laugh. "Well I was already doing that before you knew I was your guardian angel." He raised a brow at me. "That's also just as creepy." I shook my head. 
 
"Wait!" I turned around after realization hit me. "Yah! Did you watch me for everything?!" I turned my knife towards him and his eyes widened. "Minji…" He said cautiously. "What did you see? Did you watch while I was changing? Showering? When I with my ex-boyfriends?" I asked in succession. 
 
He started to back up. "Wait Minji. Put the knife down. Someone is going to get hurt." he raised his hands in front of him in surrender. It would be him, if I didn't get an answer.
 
"Answer the question Nam Woohyun." My eyes narrowed. "No. I didn't. I understood you that you deserved every bit of your privacy." He said stopping in the kitchen doorway. "But if you like did something unexpectedly, I would instantly try not to look!." I felt a blush creep across my cheeks and gaped at him. "Sorry!" and he ran back into the living room. 
 
"I'm going to poison your food!" I shouted. "I'd still eat it because I'm hungry." He called as I heard him switch on the television. I sighed. Heaven should really learn to make better guardian angel assignments.
 
"Here!" I set down the ramyeon pot in front of him. "You can't go wrong with ramyeon." He grinned and dug in. I curled up on the other side of the couch and laid my head down. "Stop eating so loud." I nudged him with my foot when he was slurping obnoxiously.
 
"You have to slurp the noodles for them to be good, Minji." he said matter-of-factly. I rolled my eyes. "Men."
He chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Women." I felt my lips upturn into a smile. "." I kicked him lightly. "Rest." He said looking at me. "I'm not tired." I said with a small grumble. "Yeah, okay." he scoffed and took another bite of food.
 
"I'm not…" I trailed off as I settled into sleep.  But somehow I knew that with Woohyun here I wouldn't be having mightmares.