Chapter Forty-Two

Angel Vessel


 


I had no more energy in my body. Like Woohyun's words had drained every ounce of energy in me. I stared at Myungsoo and he came over and helped me up. When Woohyun reached out to help though, Myungsoo punched him across the face hard enough that he fell back against the counter. "You, stay here and don't move until Minji comes back." He ordered. Myungsoo pulled me into my room and shut the door. 
 
I collapsed on my bed, unable to form words. "I know you feel like you owe me Minji." He said and I looked up at him and tears burned the back of my eyes. I did. I owed Myungsoo too much. I loved him too, but I couldn't just let Woohyun go. "But the only thing that you owe is honesty to yourself. I heard what Woohyun had told you. I'm shocked about the news, but I realized when I punched him that I would not hesitate to do the same for you. People protect what they cherish the most. It just so happens that he and I have the same cherished person."
 
"Stop it." I said suddenly.
"Stop being selfless." I reached up to grab his arms. 
"I'm not. Listen to me, Minji. If you only let guilt hold you back the next 24 hours and not allow yourself to truly cherish the time Woohyun has left to be with you, then you will not only have done Woohyun and I wrong, but also yourself."
"He made his choice Myungsoo. He kept this from me all this time. In the end when the truth finally comes out...I have no idea what he wants me to do." I turned facedown on my bed and squeezed my eyes shut tightly. I felt sick to my stomach. 
 
"I want you to make the choice you are happiest with." Myungsoo finally said after a prolonged silence and he left my room and I heard the front door close. 
 
Woohyun showed up at my bedroom door a minute later. I sat up on my bed. I swallowed uneasily looking at him. My chest ached. "Why...why did you do this?" I asked. His grim face slowly turned into a rueful smile. "Because I'd rather die than let you get hurt." 
 
I got up from the bed and walked slowly towards him until I standing in front of him. I lifted one hand and cupped his face. He leaned into my hand and his eyes fluttered close. He timidly cupped his hand over mine. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I hurt you. I just wanted to leave behind as little of me as possible, so you can move on."