Chapter Twelve

Angel Vessel

"


His hair was gelled up today and he wore an expensive looking business suit. His eyes flickered to me, but he quickly looked back at Myungsoo. "May I help you?" He asked. Myungsoo and I flashed our badges. "We're here to investigate a case. We found out that Kim Hana is a frequent customer of this club." Myungsoo said.
 
"Ah, yeah she was." Woohyun said, straightening. "May we speak to the manager or boss?" Myungsoo asked. Woohyun's lips upturned slightly. "Well, you're speaking to him right now." and I looked away to try to hide the shock I was feeling. Woohyun had never told me he owned Inspirit. What else has he lied to me about?
 
"Come in detectives. My name is Nam Woohyun." Woohyun said and opened the door wider. He led up to a booth and we sat down. Even empty the club looked as luxurious as I remembered. It seemed that Woohyun was the only person in the club right now.
 
"Would you like a drink?" He asked. "Officers can't drink on the job." I said with a hint of chide in my voice. Woohyun looked like he was holding back a chuckle and raised a brow. "I meant water or tea. But if you want to get down to business. Here." He pulled out a gold colored usb and held it out in the palm of his hand.  "This has all the security footage from the last few times she was here." He said. I reached over the granite table to grab the usb and our fingers brushed against each other. 
 
This was when his eyes turned to me and I saw a tick in his jaw. I didn't know what was happening so just quickly withdrew my hand after taking the drive. "Did you personally know the victim?" I asked and I saw him take a deep breath. "Well she was a regular customer. I have spoken to her on a few occasions and had a drink or two, but that is just about as personal we got."
 
"Do you usually drink with your customers?" Myungsoo asked. "Just the ones that have a family background that I can make connections with. I am a business man after all." Woohyun said cocking his head. His demeanor was completely different then when he was in my apartment. He was more serious and confident. 
 
"Did you personally see the victim on the night she was killed?" I asked.
"No. I was not mingling in the club." He said. "Okay, we'll take a look at this footage and we will contact you if we have any more questions." Myungsoo said getting up from his seat. When he turned to go, Woohyun leaned over to me. "I need to talk to you." and I stared at him. "Yes. We do." I said softly and got up to leave too. 
 
"Did you know that guy?" Myungsoo asked as we walked back to the car. I blinked at him. "No. Why?" I asked trying to act normal. "He stared at you. Not in the erted kind of way. But with a very caring kind of feeling." Myungsoo said and I laughed. "Well, I have no idea who he is. He was cute. Maybe I should go back there." I said turning slightly and Myungsoo grabbed my arm gently. "Yah."
 
I laughed. "Just kidding." I winked at him and got into the car. "Your jokes are hardly funny." Myungsoo said putting on his sear belt. "Well I think I'm hilarious." I laughed and drove back to the station. He gave me a withering look.
 
"Hey why do you think he knew we were going to be there for the security footage?" Myungsoo asked. "Well the case was reported on the news. I think he expected us to go to him sooner or later." I said. "Well I guess that could be it." Myungsoo shrugged. "Why don't we call it a day. I'll watch the security footage." Myungsoo said. "No, you did so much work before. Let me take this job." I said. 
 
"Are you hungry?" He asked. "I'm more tired than hungry. I'll treat you to a meal this weekend. I won't forget." I smiled. When we pulled into the parking lot for the police department, he got out. "Sleep well." He said with a smile. 
 
"I will." and headed home. I called Woohyun on my way back. "Come to my apartment, and bring food." I said and hung up on him.
 
When I got back to my apartment, there was already the smell of pizza. "Hi." Woohyun smiled from the couch. But I didn't smile back. "Why did you lie to me?" I asked once I closed the door. Woohyun smile dropped. "I didn't lie." He stood up. "But I do need to talk to you about…"
 
But I cut him off. "You didn't tell me you owned Inspirit. That you knew who Kim Hana was already. Aren't you are supposed to help me?" I asked slightly irritated.
 
"Minji…I know you are upset bu-" 
"What else are you lying about?" I asked without missing a beat. Woohyun came up to me and backed me against the door and clapped a hand over my mouth. "Stop. Interrupting. Me." Woohyun said voice with a hint of anger. His eyes bore into mine.
 
I glared at him. I opened my mouth to bite his fingers but he removed his hand like he knew I would try that. "Start talking." I said, unamused.
 
"First." He suddenly grabbed my wrists and started to feel along my arms. I blushed and pushed him away. "W-what are you doing?!" I half shouted. "How many people did you come in contact with today?" He asked, not looking at my face but my body. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Another guardian angel touched you." He finally said after a moment. "What?"
 
"I sense the presence the guardian angel left on you." He said. "What do you mean another guardian angel?" I asked, confused. "Guardian angels are never supposed to come in contact with another angel's charge. It's against the rules of heaven. Angel Vessels are also never supposed to meet each other. It would be too easy for our enemies to target them." He said troubled. 
 
"But it's not like another guardian angel would put me in danger." I said. Then I paused. "Yah. I'm still not done being mad at you. Why did you lie to me?" I asked.
 
He sighed, running a hand through his hair. It was no longer gelled up. And instead of the expensive looking suit from before, he was just wearing a navy blue sweater and gray sweatpants. "I didn't lie to you. I can't." He finally said looking away. I grabbed his arm. "What do you mean you can't?" I asked suspiciously.
 
"Angels can't lie." Then he turned to me. "But, think about Minji, no one would go running their mouth about everything they know either. If you didn't ask, I didn't have to tell you." and I crossed my arms. "Was Kim Hana taken from your club then?" I asked. He looked exhausted but gave me a slight nod of his head. "He was very careful. It was a day that I didn't go to the club. Right under my nose."
 
"Wait. How do you have time to manage a club? Aren't you supposed to be watching over me?" I asked incredulously. He laughed. "Do you want me to watch over you 24/7? I need to survive too. Besides, half of all profits from Inspirit go to charities around the city." He smiled. "And I can sense when you are in danger. I don't need to be there all the time." I gave him a chatising look. "You are feeing children and helping the needy with the money rich kids use to get drunk?" I asked. "Modern Robin hood." He winked before turning on his heel.
 
Woohyun walked over and slid a slice of pizza on a plate. It was my favorite, sausage, green pepper and mushroom pizza. He really knew what would diffuse my temper.
 
"He looked really protective of you." He suddenly said. "Who?"
 
"Detective Kim Myungsoo." And I sighed taking my pizza and sitting down next to him. "Can we not talk about this?" I asked.
"Sure." Woohyun shrugged. "But he almost kissed you that time. I was rooting for him." He said and I blushed. Woohyun leaned close to me, his face coming inches from mine. "Hmm, you are prettier up close." He smirked and my hand itched to slap the pizza I had on my plate onto his face.
 
"You came close to kissing me." I countered and his eyes showed a bit of surprise. But, he quickly relaxed and moved back before he chuckled. "I did. But there are somethings in life we cannot have." and before I could ask him to elaborate, he stuffed a slice of pizza in his mouth and the television. I looked away from him and took a bite out of my own slice.