Chapter Six

Angel Vessel

I was about to ask him to start making sense when he interrupted me. "That girl that just died. You saw the tattoo on her didn't you?" He asked me. I blinked. "How did...I mean yeah. But, it gave me a headache." I said. And I was the only one who saw it, I was going to say but stopped. "Angels tattoos have two ways of getting onto flesh. One, is that are drawn on, the other is they get branded. Like cattle." He explained. "But branding isn't done on angels, it's done on humans and that's what he did to her. He branded her so angels would know it was his doing and that he has no intention to stop."

"Woohyun, you need to tell me who he actually is." I said slight irritated. He sighed and sank back down in the couch next to me. "He was an angel once. I'm sure you know even the devil was once an angel. Being angel means you walk a very delicate and fine line. He, is known by the name Angel Reaper. And since he's taken a deal from the devil, he has been the devil's personal killer. This had been going on even before I was trained to be a guardian. If he were to try to kill all the Angel Vessels, we wouldn't just sit by and let it happen."

"Wait, you're saying that you could've saved those that he killed before?" I asked in a dead pan voice. My brain was processing all the information being given to me and I came to the realization that Angels were also capable of cruelty.

Woohyun looked at me with tired eyes. "We didn't have a choice."

"Why do I get the feeling that will be an answer I will hear a lot from now on." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Because Minji, in this game, we need to play by the rules. If we didn't we would be no better than those that are fallen." He finished with a sigh. "Okay so the girl who got murdered was an Angel Vessel?" I asked. "No. She wasn't. You also noticed that you two look similar, didn't you?"

And my eyes widened. "He's coming after me?" I asked.
"His targets were rarely specific before, but when he hones in on a certain target, it means that they find you powerful enough to pose a threat to the balance of the war."

I ran a hand through my hair. "Okay, I think you need to leave." I said. He blinked at me like I just spoke in a foriegn language. "Did you just miss my explanation. I should be by your side more than ever. You're telling me to leave?" he asked incredulously. "Yes." I said quietly. 

"Minji..." he tried to reach for me, but I recoiled. "Just get out right now. I need time to think." I stood up and went to the door. "Please just leave right now." I unlocked the door.
 
He sighed. "Alright. Here's my number when you want to talk to me." and he handed me a slip of paper on his way out. He had looked like he wanted to argue with me, but he was smart to give me my space. I put the piece of paper down on the table and slumped back on the couch. After a few minutes of staring in space, I got up. 
 
I decided that I wanted to take a shower to clear my head. I closed my eyes as the hot water came down on me. Now revisiting the memories of the crime scene made me feel like I was being choked slowly. That girl could have been me. She had been so broken. She was innocent. "God." I slammed my hand against the slick wall and the pain was almost comforting. My hand throbbed even more as I closed it into a fist.
 
I didn't care that Woohyun was giving me a warning to steer clear of trouble. This guy could't get away with cold-blooded murder like this.  There had to be a way to stop him. A way where I and all the other innocent lives he wanted to take would be safe. I finally got out of the shower. My fingertips looked like little prunes. As I was toweling my hair, my phone went off. I grabbed it off my bedside table and held it to my ear.
 
"Are you ing crazy?!" My supervisor yelled. I winced and held the phone an inch away from my ear. "Myungsoo tried calling you five times. Five freaking times! You know that you are always on the clock. You have to pay attention to your phone, Park!" he shouted.
 
"I'm sorry! I was showering!" I said apologetically. "For two hours?!" he growled. I winced again. I had been in the shower for a while, but they must've already been calling me since the tail end of the conversation between Woohyun and I.
 
Our supervisor might have looked like a nice man if you were ever see him in person, but he has shown on more than one occasion how seriously he can deal with us.
 
"What happened?" I dared to asked. "Here Kim. Talk to Park, before one of my blood vessels pop," and I heard the phone change hands. "Minji. We have another DB. This one is bad…" he sighed. "Was it like the one in the alley from yesterday?" I asked. "Worse. We only found an arm and leg so far." he said. "Wait, what?"
 
"By the looks of the ring on the hand we found, the DB is a she. And she's not in one piece. Or in one place." I felt a chill go through me. I prayed that when I went to scene, I wouldn't see anything on the victim's shoulder like I had for Kim Hana.
 
"Where are you guys. I'm coming now." As fast as I humanely could, I added in my head.
 
"The arm was reported to be found near the docks. But now we are at Seoul park where we got the report about the leg." Myungsoo explained. "Got it. Be there in fifteen." and I hung up with him and dressed quickly. Pulling on a long black sweater and dark grey leggings. I zipped up my boots before grabbing my car keys and bag.
 
I prayed that no traffic cop would decide they wanted to give tickets today as I sped higher than the speed limit on local roads. I parked right next to Myungsoo's car when I spotted it by the entrance of the park. 
 
Running into the park, I soon saw the guys. Dr. Cho, the forensic examiner was looking at the dismembered leg. It was placed under one of the old oak trees that was not far from the pedestrian walkway. "Minji." Myungsoo looked up to from his phone. "Sorry." I said to him. 
 
"It's okay. Usually a little lateness can be overlooked, but a dismembered arm and leg found in broad daylight where normal citizens frequent is causing quite the ruckus." He jerked his head towards the crowd of people standing behind the caution tape, trying to see what had happened. There were little kids and crying babies. This was a family friendly park. I couldn't even imagine the horror of the parents who brought their children to play here on a daily basis.
 
The coroner put the limb in a smaller black body bag after Dr. Cho finished his exmaination and they started to clean up. "Come on. We need to get back to the office. Forensics is going to try to lift a print off her finger." I nodded, but stared at the crowd a little longer. It was then I saw a now familiar dark haired head in their midst. Woohyun met my eyes before he looked at the black bag that was being put into the truck. It looked like he gave a sad sigh before he turned and walked away.
 
I felt some anger then. Could Woohyun have stopped this too? I knew it was irrational to blame everything on him. But I was short on heaven's messengers to blame.
 

((Author's Note: DB stands for Dead Body

This is all I had wrote in advance so that is why I updated so fast. I hope the story is interesting so far and that you'll keep reading. Working on the next chapter now~ ;D


I also appreciate comments, so say whatever you want! haha))