Chapter Twenty-Nine

Angel Vessel


 


I was in shock. Was the strongest archangel really here? This was what Eunji wanted right? Michael would be able to solve all the problems. He had to. 
 
"You can help them." I said immediately referring to Woohyun and Sunggyu.
"I cannot." He replied in a smooth voice. "But you're so strong. Use my body. I'll give you everything. Just make sure they are not hurt. Just get rid of the stupid Reaper." I said pleadingly.
 
Again his voice came and echoed within my mental prison. It was the first time I knew exactly how a warm voice could actually be ice cold. "I will not."
 
"Then why are you even here?!" I screamed, frustrated. I couldn't feel my connection with Eunji. Couldn't feel her warm power, the one that always helped me regain control of my body. 
 
"I would like to show you something." He said but my mind was on the fight. "Whatever you want to show me, I do not want to see." I said squeezing my eyes shut, but regardless of my answer, images started to flood my head.
 
"Woohyun look, it's that girl." Eunji's voice said as the images settled. I was staring at the backs of Eunji and Woohyun as they seemed to be looking into a small pond. Seeing them dressed in all white and standing beside each other, I could only think how perfect they looked together.
 
"You've taken interest in her, haven't you?" Woohyun asked ruffling her hair teasingly. Something indescribable squeezed my heart. "Well, we human watch so often, but she's a special one I think." Eunji giggled. "Plus, I also always think about what you said. What you did for that little boy." With this Woohyun's eyebrows furrowed. "I got punished severely for that."
 
"You were just trying to nudge him in the right direction. I didn't think you were wrong. If we can't make one person's life better, how can we call ourselves angels? " Eunji said. "I don't care what happens to me. But I do to you. You have to stick to just watching okay?" Woohyun said in a slightly worried voice.
 
"Alright, alright." Eunji said with a pout. Woohyun's lips twitched. "You're like a  child yourself." And he leaned down to kiss her. With that she smiled. "I learn from you." And she danced out of the way with a bell like laugh when he tried to grab her.
 
Then the scene rippled like a water's surface and changed.
 
It became a chaotic scene. Woohyun was screaming Eunji's name while two male angels were barely holding him back. Eunji was only a few feet away being forced to her knees by another two angels. Tears were running down her face and I saw blood stained across her white gown.
 
"You have done the imaginable Eunji. You have violated the sacred laws that we have all sworn to follow. How could you change the destiny of one human on your own accord?" A female angel said with a look of disgust on her face. Her beauty was twisted with the emotion on her face. 
 
"Is she okay? Is she going to survive?" Eunji asked instead of answering the female. The female sighed. "She hit her head and bled, but she is in stable condition. She will recover." She answered and Eunji's body relaxed. She smiled through her tears. "Thank you."
 
"She was supposed to become a paraplegic in that car crash, Eunji. Park Jae Mi was supposed to be bedridden for the rest of her life. You changed her future. You've changed the future of everyone who have and who will come in contact with
her."  The female said in a absolute tone. 
 
"Eunji had nothing to do with it!" Woohyun yelled. "It was me!"
"You know as well as I do that it is the one who breaks the laws we have that gets punished." 
"Gabriel. Please." Woohyun said tears at the corners of his eyes. 
Suddenly Eunji spoke up. "It's okay Woohyun." She said calmly, her eyes dry now. "I will take my punishment." She said in a serene voice. But she looked at Woohyun sadly, as if she knew that she would not see him again. 
 
Then I was back in my prison again. "Why did you show me that?" I asked Michael accusingly. "Maybe you were too blinded but some other aspects, but does the name Park Jae Mi seem familiar?"
 
I stared into the darkness. "Grandma...that's grandma's name." And then I finally realized why Michael went through the trouble to show me scenes from the past. Eunji hadn't just broken Angelic law to save any human, she had broken Angelic law to save my grandmother. If my grandmother had truly meant to be paralyzed for the rest of her life, then she would have never met my grandfather, they would have never had my mother and I would not exist.
 
Tears welled up in my eyes. The future Eunji had changed, no, the future Eunji's interference had created was mine. And I was selfish enough to fall in love with the man she loved with ever fiber of her being.