Chapter Nineteen

Angel Vessel


 


"I would never get in a car with you." I said bitingly. "Don't go." Woohyun said. I looked at him with a quizzical look on my face. "I'll figure out a way to save your partner. It's too dangerous." He looked up at the Reaper. "I don't know what he will do."
 
It hurt me inside every time Myungsoo's body moved and his features changed to convey different emotions. It was so wrong for someone to be able to control another like that. "I have a job to do. That is my responsibility. My job to find justice for those who can't. And to catch those who did horrible crimes." I said with a deep breath.
 
The Reaper clapped softly. "Such touching words." He smiled. Woohyun shifted and I grabbed his arm. "Stop. Just go Woohyun. Let me take of this."
 
"You can't do it. I need to be here to protect you." He said grabbing my shoulders. I pushed him off. "I don't need you. It's not like you have been too helpful so far." I said without thinking and his hands slid off my shoulders to drop to his sides. The look of hurt on his face gave me a pang of guilt, but I just looked away. 
 
His face hardened with a mix of emotions but the determination in his eyes were the most evident. "Well it isn't like you can stop me. I'm not going to let the scum of the Underworld get their way." He looked at the Reaper. 
 
The Reaper shrugged but with Myungsoo's body doing the action, it looked unnatural and wrong. "Either way, Minji needs to go to the crime scene." I turned to him annoyed. "Get the hell out already!" I snapped, but he was unfazed by my anger and just left with a easy smile on his face.
 
"What brought this on?" Woohyun grabbed my shoulders. I pulled away immediately. "I meant what I said about you not helping. You haven't. That is the truth." I said keeping my voice steady.
 
"I saved you when you were freezing." He said. "He did that to me because he was trying to find you." I shot out and immediately regretted it. I'm sure there was some sadistic reason of wanting to watch me freeze to death, but he also had to be looking for Woohyun for a reason. "What? You didn't tell me that." He said grabbed my arm. "Stop touching me!" I pushed him away. "I don't have to tell you anything, Woohyun." And I left the office. "Minji wait!"
 
If the Reaper wanted Woohyun, he surely hadn't shown it when Woohyun came into the office. There was something up. And I knew that I could need to be the one to get to the bottom of this.