Chapter Thirty-Six

Angel Vessel


 


I coughed grabbing his wrist to try to get him to stop choking me. He blinked and finally realized who I was. His eyes widened and he immediately loosened his grip and jumped off me. "What the are you doing here?!" He shouted at me as I pulled myself up. 
 
I coughed again before I could speak. "No I'm sorry I was about to crush your trachea? Nice." I said feeling my throat. It felt sore from the mistreatment. "You're trespassing, detective." He said looking away.
 
"I wanted my sweater back." I said getting off the bed and standing up. "The one you ripped off when I 'threw myself at you,' that sweater." I said. It looked like he was going to show some sort of emotion, but he stopped himself. "I threw it out." He said casually.
 
I felt my lips curl into a smile. Not the kind of happy smile I would give the man that I loved. It was the smile that showed my anger had taken over. I grabbed his arm and in a well practiced tae kwon do move, I flipped him over my shoulder to the ground. Because I moved without hesitation, he was shocked. The air left his lungs with the impact and I straddled him. 
 
"You're such an ." I grabbed the front of his shirt bringing him up my eye level. His eyes were dark, giving nothing away as he looked at me. "Why?" The word escaped my lips as red tinged my vision. I felt him tense underneath me. "I'll pay you back for the sweater detective. I can buy as many as you want." He said. 
 
I felt my hands tremble with my anger. My phone buzzed. It had fallen onto the floor in our exchanges, most likely. The screen lit up with two messages from Myungsoo. The first, he asked where I was after leaving the crime scene. And the second, a longer one said that he didn't want me to hate Woohyun, that Woohyun was lying. There was more to the message, but that is all I could read. I was an awful person, I knew it deep down. Even Eunji's soul couldn't rescue me.
 
There was only one way I was going to know if Woohyun was lying or not, because he was so adamant about keeping something from me.
 
I kissed him. He wasn't expecting it, but his response was instantaneous. He kissed me back with an intensity that outmatched mine. His lips moved against mine angrily, with desperation and in it all I felt his sadness.
 
He seemed to realize what was happening and grabbed my face to break our kiss. We were both breathing hard. He was still determined to keep up his facade. "Are you throwing yourself at me again, detective?" He asked wiping his lips with the back of his hand.
 
"Yes." I answered resolutely. I wanted to push him to his limit. Would he really take me forcibly to make me hate him? This wasn't about just our relationship anymore. It was about the truth that I deserved for being in the middle of everything that has happened thus far. 
 
His eyes was still unreadable as he flipped us over so he was over me. He buried his face in my neck and started to give me a painful hickey. I was still gripping his collar tightly. His hands moved to my blouse and ripped it open, the buttons popping. I just grit my teeth and closed my eyes. He ped my jeans and started to pull my camisole up. The air hitting my bare skin caused goosebumps. Flashbacks to the Reaper attacking me flashed behind my closed eyelids, but I didn't waver.
 
It hands moved roughly on my body. But everything stopped from his hands went underneath my back and he touched my bra clasp. He let out a shaky breath and I finally opened my eyes. He was crying. In a few motions, despite the tears sliding down his cheeks, he pulled down my camisole and re-zipped my pants and got off me. He had to pry my hands off his collar. He sat on the bed hunched over, looking at the floor instead of me. "You were really going to let me do it." He said quietly.
 
"Yes." I said. 
"Why?"
"Because I knew you weren't going to." I said. 
"How could you let anyone do that?" He asked.
"It wasn't anyone. It was you. And I knew you were going to stop." I replied.
"Why are you here, Minji?" He asked so softly, it was a whisper.
"You have a lot of questions don't you?" I asked. "When you should be giving me my answers."
 
He sighed heavily. "You're still going to keep lying to me? After all we've been through?" I asked when he just stayed silent.