Chapter Thirty-Two

Angel Vessel


 


"Stop Sunggyu. You aren't going to change my mind." Woohyun said. 
 
I pulled up right near Inspirit and jumped out, running to the front door. The door opened the same second I got to it. Sunggyu gave me a sad smile. "I can't. But she can." 
 
I was panting but I walked in and our eyes held. I heard the door click behind me and Sunggyu was gone. 
 
"That idiot. He told you I was here." Woohyun said, exhausted. "Yeah...because you weren't going to." I said softly walking up to him. "Go away Minji. I said I was done." He gave me a shooing motion. 
 
I took a deep breath. I pulled off my sweater. His eyes widened. "What are you doing?" He asked getting off his stool. I pointed to the brand the Reaper gave me and his eyes trailed to it. His expression was hard.
 
"I did get branded by that scum. I am disgusting. I disgust myself." I said blinking away the burn growing behind my eyes. "I thought you loved me. But you were just doing your job. You belong with Eunji. Michael showed me everything." I put my sweater back on. I saw his fists tighten. Part of me wish he would show me more his anger. More emotion. Any emotion to mean that I meant something. But that was really wishful thinking.
 
"I came not to ask for forgiveness but to just apologize. I'm sorry I caused you so much trouble. I'm sorry that I tried to be someone I could never be. I'm sorry I asked you to do my selfish things.  I'll take my disgusting soul and leave you alone, now." And at this point I could no longer meet his gaze. 
 
I turned around and walked towards the door. But after a few short seconds, warm hands encircled me. I stiffened for a second, but I leaned into his embrace. He buried his face in the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry I said those things." Woohyun said so quietly I almost couldn't make out the words.
 
I tried to turn but he held me too tightly. "You're not disgusting. You're beautiful and strong and everything that is good. Your soul couldn't be more pure." He said.
 
"How can you say that?" I asked confused. His hands loosened slightly and I could finally turn to face him. He reeked of alcohol. A quick glance showed me empty liquor bottles. He cupped my face with one hand. "You're beautiful. You are the light I see, the light that keeps me going." 
 
I swallowed nervously. A selfish desire had surface and I tried to suppress it. 
"No Woohyun. I'm a selfish ." And I tip-toed and kissed him. I imagined that he would shove me away but the kiss deepened and he tangled his hand in my hair as we pressed our bodies closer to each other.
 
It was a desperate kiss. There was so much that hung in the air as we kissed. Anger, sadness, regret and longing. I hopped up and he supported me as I wrapped my legs around his waist. He was drunk. That was the only reason why he was letting it go this far, I thought in the back of my head.
 
He must be imagining I'm Eunji, I told myself. He walked over to the bar and set me down as he pulled off my sweater. I told myself that it was okay. The cold air hitting my skin again caused goose bumps but his warm hands trailing over my skin, quickly made me forget them. I gasped for one breath and we were kissing again. 
 
I felt his hands tighten on me and we were no longer at the bar. We were in his apartment, in his room. My back hit the bed and I tried to get his clothes off as best as I could. I wanted to touch him too. To confirm that he was real.
 
We stopped for a few short second but it felt like a lifetime. His dark eyes bore into mine. I saw him swallow nervously. We were both short of breath. I thought he was going realize that I wasn't Eunji and stop but he said something that blew me away. 
 
"Minji...you have no idea, I'm really the selfish one." He whispered in a pained voice. Tears gathered at the corner of my eyes. I gripped his arms, afraid he would leave now. He trailed a line of kisses down my jaw. I closed my eyes as I held him tighter. "I'm yours." I said softly and I gave myself to him.