08. Frienship

Potatoes

After a few days, I got over the "Hanbin" situation and actually started hanging out with them. If it weren't for Donghyuk being in their classes, I don't what I'd be doing right now at this "free" period.

The first period teacher didn't go to his class due to a leg injury and we were all forced to stay in the class anyways. And to break time, we just started chatting.

"If you were to compare Jinhwan and I, wouldn't you say I look like the eldest out of all of you guys." Donghyuk says.

"Definetly bro," Bobby replies. 

"Hey! It's not my fault I'm short!" To be honest, Jinhwan's height is nice. Actually, anyone taller than me has a good height. If your shorter than me, than you're probably younger, or living the midget life like me.

"If you drank a lot of milk when you were younger, you'd probably be my height by now." Hanbin cuts in. 

"At least I'm not fat like you!"

"C'mon now, look at your cheeks!" Hanbin says in a baby voice, pinching Jinhwan's cheeks.

I don't join in, just because I'm not much of a talker like they are. Instead, I just doodle in my notebook.

It takes a good five minutes until Jinhwan sees me. "What're you drawing?"

"A penguin." It's a big circle with a coloured in belly, cute eyes and little feet.

"Wait, you forgot something." He then grabs a pencil and scribbles something on the two sides of the penguin. "The fins."

"That does not look like fins!" I say and giggle. It honestly looked nothing like fins. It looked more like... "Ears... It looks like ears."

"What?"

"No! Maybe ice cream?"

"No it does not!"

"Come on now, let's not be cocky here."

"I'm not being cocky, I'm being honest. And honestly speaking, it does not look like ears nor ice cream."

"Okay, I'll let you think what you wanna think. But to me and probably everyone else, it'll look like ears or ice cream."

"Good..." It takes him five minutes to realize what I just said.

"Wait! It will not look like that towards everyone else!"

"Let's see then. Hey Hanbin!" I call out.

"What?" He turns towards me, his hair messy, but a nice messy.

"What do these things look like?" I then point to Jinhwan's creation.

"They kinda look like... Ears."

"BOOM!" I say to Jinhwan.

"They do not look like ears!"

Hanbin laughs at us and asked us why we were acting this way. 

"This guy over here think he drew fins." I point to Jinhwan.

"Fins? These are fins?"

"I know right!"

"I can hear you, you know!"

"That's the point Jinhwan." Hanbin then turns to me. "Can you believe this guy?" We roll our eyes and laugh. Because that's all we can do.

"Don't worry Jinhwan! I got you!" Donghyuk gives him a tight hug, to where his face turns purple.

The bell rings and Donghyuk let's go, leaving Jinhwan to pant like he just ran a marathon.

We all laugh and head to our next class.


The bell rings for lunch and I cheer in happiness - in my head of course.

I put my books away in my locker and head to the cafeteria. I look around and see my friends at one table.

I quickly buy my lunch and sit at the table.

"Hey, where's Donghyuk and Min?"

"Donghyuk's trying to hit on her." Yunhyeong says.

"Seriously?"

"No. He just offered to go out and buy lunch for all of us, and Min agreed."

"And you guys said no?"

"No sherlock."

"Geez. Just wondering if you ditched him or not."

"Well, you should've been straight forward instead of beating around the bush."

"What?"

"Don't mind him Saerin," Jinhwan says. "He's just on his man period this week."

"Hey!" 

I laugh and eat my lunch. It was a tuna sandwhich with a bottle of water. When I finish it, I quickly take out my gum.

"OOH OOH OOH! CAN I HAVE SOME!" y says to me.

"Sure?" I hand him a piece and everyone asks me for some. By the time everyone gets a peice, I'm left with no gum. Now my breath is gonna smell like tuna salad.

"Hey Saerin, where's your piece?" Hanbin asks.

I cover my mouth to speak. "I'll just buy more gum on my way to class." That's where I always buy my gum. There's this vending machine outside the cafeteria, near one of the classes near the gym.

"Here, have mine. I don't want people to think you took a dump in your mouth."

"Thanks?" In a way, he was being nice. But still kinda rude? I don't even understand Hanbin anymore.

I eat the gum and remove my hand away from my mouth, but Jinhwan puts it back. 

"You still smell like fish. Keep it there." He has a light smile on his face. For a second there, I thought he wasn't joking.

I give him a playful pout and chuckle. What jokes they can pull, am I right? 

By the time lunch ends, it feels like we haven't talked to each other in years. Friends are nice.


At the end of the day, Donghyuk leaves me to ride the bus alone again. I can't believe he's going to do this to me again. And today was really cold. I had to rush to the bus stop and ask Floppy Hat for one of his sweaters - DON'T THINK I'M FLIRTING RIGHT NOW, OKAY! IT'S EITHER SWEATER OR HIVES!

We get on the bus together and have small talk. Though, it's not very persistent since we're both scared to kiss each other again. 

"Hey Floppy Hat, what's your name?"

He laughs lightly at my question.

"Water girl, what's yours?"

"Seriously. I only know you as Floppy Hat. Whenever I try to ask Hanbin why you own a floppy hat, he always gets distracted and asks why your name is floppy hat and end up forgetting what I just asked him."

"Tell me yours first, then I'll tell you mine."

"Well, you should know mine already."

"Nope. I have no idea."

I sigh and smile.

"I'm Kim Saerin." I reach out my hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Kim Saerin. I'd tell you my name, but I might miss my stop. Bye Water girl." He lets go of my hand and leaves the bus. My mouth is wide open in shock. 

"This boy just tricked me. Nice play floppy Hat, nice play."

I get off at my stop and reach home. I check the fridge and cupboards. They're... Full!

I check the dining room and see a note on the table.

Eating out today. Thank my boss for saving the kitchen. See you later. And if I'm drunk, do NOT take advantage!

Okay then.. She's gonna have a lot of fun tonight I guess.

I go to my room, change out of my uniform and realize that I forgot to give Floppy his sweater back. 

I quickly grab my phone and text him. 

OMG! I'M SO SORRY! I FORGOT TO GIVE YOU YOUR SWEATER! I'LL PROMISE TO GIVE IT TO YOU TOMORROW!

I put the sweater in the laundry and change into comfy clothes - black jogger pants (yes they're different from jogging pants. Search it up, because I had to.) and a grey sweater.I put my hair into a messy bun and did my homework.

HOORAY TO HISTORY! [Instert sigh here]


Hi :)

Glad to be back with a regular post.

This one wasn't as rushed as my last few updates.

AND BEFORE YOU CALL ME A LIAR AND SAY I SAID I WASN'T GONNA POST TODAY I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!

I didn't know I was gonna post today either. I wrote this all today for some reason. 

I just had this urge to write - and I'm currently writing future chapters :) Be excited for when I come back from vacation.

I can't wait to reach the parts I wanna write! I'm so excited~

EEEEEEEE~~~ (What am I doing xD)

So today's song of the week is Exo's EXOUDUS.

It's finally exodus era! Hopefully everything goes well this year - with an exception of Tao's leg.

And it's Easter! Happy Easter!

If you don't celebrate Easter then... Uhm.. What do you guys celebrate? I don't really know so...

And if you live in Canada you probably know that it snowed.. In the middle of spring lol.

Canada's weather's bipolar, okay!

LOL

By the way, I'm going to add everyone that subscribes, and is subscribed to this book after the chapter is posted :)

ALSO! I wanna write short fics, but I'm scared that nobody will read it. So if you like Exo, and would like to read short fics, can you read it and tell me how I did? I just wanna know if it's good or not so I can post often. 

The book is gonna be posted later today and will have more information there, so if you wanna know more stay on the look out!

Well, have a nice day lovlies :)

Bye >.<