05. Honestly

Potatoes

After the bus incident we apologized at our last stop and exchanged numbers - in a friend manner.

When I reached home I see Soohyun sitting on the couch eating ice cream. This could only mean one thing. I drop everything and run to the kitchen.

I check the cupboards, the drawers, the fridge, the oven, the pantry, nothing

Today was her day off; And when she's off work she eats everything we have in our kitchen. Anything edible she'll eat! She'll even cook meat enable to eat! She's outrages!

"SOOHYUN! I LITERALLY JUST WENT GROCERY SHOPIING YEATERDAY! WHAT THE HELL?!" She turns around and I see her make up running. 

"Why are you crying?" I walk to her and sit beside her. "My boss said he liked me." 

"That's a good thing! You'll get a premotion-" She cuts me off. "Not that kind of like! He like, likes me!"

"And that's a bad thing because?" I don't get it! She won't be single and she'll get a promotion!

"Because he's my boss! If I say I don't like him he'll fire me! I NEED THIS JOB!" She has like fourty other part-time jobs already, why can't she just say no?

"But you have so many part time jobs!" 

"I know, but he's the head ceo of all the part time jobs I have!"

"Oh." 

"I know!" She takes a hold of my shoulders and shakes me. "WHAT DO I DO?!"

"Well, for starters," I wipe my face. "Talk with less spit."

She takes me hands off my shoulders and covers ."And second, relax and think of how you can solve this situation. Because I have no idea of his personality and power, I won't know what to do. And I have to buy more food before Donghyuk comes home and throws a temper tantrum. See ya!" I then run to the door with my bag.

"SAERIN, YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME TO DIE!"

I shake my head and keep walking. By the time I was two blocks away from my house I realized I was still wearing my uniform. 

That was my second mistake

I walked to a nearby convienice store and bought myself ramen. I haven't eaten since luch, and if my stomach growled one more time I may or may not have gone crazy. 

A few boys were also eating at the table behind me, but I didn't get to register their faces due to my extreme hunger.

I took a bite. It felt like Heaven in my mouth. The noodles were perfectly cooked and the soup was still warm.

It was delicous, until someone ruined it.

While eating somebody tapped my shoulder. Even more weird, the people behind me were laughing. What's going on?! 

"Hey, you're from Green Bay High, right?" He oddly sounded familiar. I turned around to see Kim Hanbin and his friends behind him. Great, just great!

"I'm wearing the uniform, aren't I?" He looks shocked to see my face. More dissapointed though. WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY FACE THOUGH?! IT'S NOT THAT DISSAPOINTING!

"Oh. Hi..." He then whispers to his friends. Honestly, what's wrong with me? Am I that ugly? Like, geez. At least have some manners!

"And what you wanted to tell me...?" He sighs. "So, I lost a bet with my friends and now I have to take you out to a place." What? I'm too confused. 

"Like... On a date?" He nods. REALLY?! I JUST GOT MY FIRST KISS STOLEN BY AN AQAINTANCE AND NOW HE WANTS ME TO GO ON A DATE WITH HIM?! 

I wanna say no, but think about how embarassing that'll be! Sure he had many girls before, but I think his looks and popularity protected him from being denied by girls.

"And this is because-" He cuts me off. "A bet. It's silly, but it's either this or shave my head. And I don't wanna be bald." I sigh. I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Sure. As long as it saves you from being bald." I give him a soft smile. 

"Really?" I nod back. "Cool. Here! See ya~!" He hands me a paper. Wow, he really didn't expect to get turned down. 

Thanks for saving my life - or my hair I should say lol

Saturday? Staurday.

So let's meet up at the park near here. You know the one with the tire swings? Yeah, that one.

Let's be there by five o'clock? Cool :)

Can't wait ;D

-Hanbin ♥

Did he really put a winky face and a heart on that letter. Thanks for making me wanna barf Hanbin. What a pleasant feeling~! Many sighs escape my mouth.

Out of all people here, he had to choose me! Really, there was another girl inside eating the same ramen I'm eating, why not her? Why am I just a perfect target today?!

I wanna cry while walking to the grocery store, but I know it'd be a stupid problem to cry about, and I was over exaggerating a little. It's just not my day today I guess.


It was Friday and I was about ready to die. I've been having a bad week and it's only the first week of school! This year definetly isn't my year. Wednesday, I almost got hit by a car - blame the stupid drive who likes running red lights - Thursday was really windy and I started growing hives and today when I went to get potatoes at the cafeteria they ran out of potatoes! WHO RUNS OUT OF POTATOES?!

At least I have one thing to look forward to - Music class.

Today was the day we had to preform our duets. Lord have mercy on me today, please.

The teacher went in alphabetical order, and because there's like fifty 'Kims' in our class it was hard to pick who'd go first.

"Uhm... Let's have... Uh..." 

Don't say Donghyuk, don't say Donghyuk. In fact, don't say Saerin!

"Kim Jinhwan!" He and his partner groan. I think it was... Junhoe...?

THE LORD IS ON MY SIDE TODAY, THANK GOODNESS!

The music starts. It's Luke James' I want you. Oh my, here come a falsetto. 

"I want YOOOOUUUUU~~~ baby!" Dayum.

Once the song ended she called up another person.

Kim Hanbin, Kim Hanbin, Kim Hanbin.

"Kim Donghyuk!" Maybe God isn't on my side after all. I close my eyes in dispair and cry internally. Donghyuk pulls me out of my chair and hands me my guitar.

We sit on the chairs at the front and I start to play the song. By the second guitar interlude Donghyuk starts singing.

(He sings the first verse, I sing the chorus, I sing the second verse, he does the chorus we both do the bridge.) <-- our plan.

My part is coming up. I pray to God that I don't die.

"I want you, oh my love! naman barabwajwo, neomanuel saranghae sesang modu byeonhaedo! Oh my love bomyeon ddwineun gaseum eonjeggajina neoman damgo isseulge~!"

Then we start harmonizing. Please don't mess up!

"L.O.V.E girl, L.O.V.E girl~" WE DID IT!

The song was finished and we got more claps than expected. I put my guitar away and look at my hands. They were bleeding. Was I pressing the strings that hard?

It was almost time to leave so I just left it to bleed until the bell. The rest of the students preformed but I couldn't focus on anything but my throbbing fingers. 

Don't complain Saerin, you decided to do this to yourself so stop complaining.

When everyone was done preforming it was a little early to the bell, but she gave us homework. How lovely is this big ed teacher! - Note sarcasam.

When she dissmissed us, I walked to my locker quickly and got my bandaids. Sadly, I ran out of the regular kind and had to use my spare 'Hello Kitty' ones Donghyuk gave me for my thirteenth birthday. Hopefully people don't notice.

The day ended and we were going on the bus home. Today there weren't as many people on the bus like Tuesday. And the clumsy guy wasn't here today either! Why does this happen to me? It's not even the weekend yet!

We reached our house and we decide to go to the mall. Donghyuk was definetly not that kind of brother who liked sports and not want to shave his mustache. After all, he did grow up with all sisters. I can't blame him, I blame Jiyeon. She was definetly  the girly type, and Donghyuk looked up to her most while I was in the States.

I looked in my wallet. For someone who goes grocery shopping often, I have a lot of money in my wallet. Maybe 'cause I'm a cheapskape when it comes to food. Oh well.

When we made it to the mall Donghyuk went to a bubble tea store first. He gets mango and I het lychee; And being the man that he is, he pay for us both. How kind my brother may be - at times.

We were walking around the mall looking at cute stuffed animals or food advertisments, my arm linked around his the whole time. And because Donghyuk likes walking, I was so tired I had to sit down.

I'm just a girl who'd be obese if it weren't for my fast matabolisim. While sitting, I could over-hear a group of boys talking. He sounded quite familiar.

"How am I going to do that? On Monday she's gonna hate me so much!" Hanbin..?

"A bet's a bet Hanbin; And you lost."

"But-" 

"Save it for your pillow."

He sighs and changes the topic. Who was he talking about? 

"Hey Saerin, let's keep walking before the mall closes." 

"Right." We get up and start walking around again. Please don't let me die tomorrow. I'm doing a good deed and saving a boy from turning bald. The least you could do is make him show up on time. Please.

I'm begging.


Hi! So in Canada it's already march break~~!!!

Do you guys reading have something similar in your country? If so, tell me! I'd love to hear your interesting holidays! :)

So here's the song they sang:

It's CNblue's 'Love Girl'

This was actually one of my first kpop songs - and my number one favourite song!

I guess you can say that this song is the song of the week...?

LOL, sorry. I didn't know what to choose this week xD

Hope you understand ;A;

Thanks to all my new susbscribers! I'm glad my new and old subscribers are liking the book enough to upvote it ;A; You're too kind

Hope I didn't dissapoint you this chapter! 

LAAABB YAAAAHHH 

BTW: Are any of you graphic designers? My book seems a little empty without one and I was hoping one of you guys could make me one :)

Hopefully I''m not asking for too much.

I'm more of an editor/reviewer than graphic designer.

So if you guys can make a book cover that'd be great! And maybe....

I could hold a competiton? Maybe the person who makes the best book cover can collaberate with me while writing a book? I don't know.

I don't really feel like I have enough readers to do so. Maybe I'll hold one in the future? 

Maybe...

BYE BYE