09. Winter Is Coming

Potatoes

The months passed by and it snowed, a lot. Today was the week before Christmas break, and everything had the Christmas feeling. Also, did you know my favourite holiday is Christmas? Now you know! [Insert cute tongue face here]

It was lunch and the cafeteria was covered in paper snowflakes. It was really corny, but I loved it! Sadly, my friends didn't. "The cafeteria looks so gay. Oh my goodness, and it's way too corny!" Hanbin says.

"Where's your Christmas spirit?" Jinhwan replies. "Up my and around the corner." I give him a pout. "But Christmas is such a great holiday! How can you not like Christmas? Don't you get that Christmas spirit?" He shakes his head. 

"What's with you and Christmas?" He then shrugs. That totally answers my question Hanbin.

I give him a sigh and eat my lunch while others make conversation. "Don't worry Saerin! I won't invite Hanbin to my Christmas party." Jinhwan says to cheer me up.

Hanbin, with a stuffed mouth, looks up. He kinda looked like a chipmunk. "What?" I turn my head to the side. "You're having a Christmas party?" Jinhwan nods his head and smiles at me.

"If I were to invite Hanbin this year, he'd totally be a party pooper." He then eats a carrot stick.

"Is this party an annual thing?" Jinhwan nods, like it's not a big deal.

"And your parents allow you? Every year?" He nods again, and then says "My parents always go to this hotel for a few days during Christmas, and so they let me have a party every year."

"And your parents give you the money to buy food?" He nods again.

"How many people go?" 

"It depends who I wanna invite." 

Hanbin then cuts in. "Last year, his house was full. To be honest, it doesn't even feel like a Christmas party! It's like there's a club in his house!" 

My eyes widen. I CAN'T GO TO THAT PARTY! CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THAT SWEAT AND HIVES! AND DON'T FORGET THAT PEOPLE ARE SCARY! HOW DO I TURN HIM DOWN?!

"Don't worry Saerin. I'm only inviting you guys."

"And Min?" Donghyuk says. "She's going to her Grandparents' house again, remember?"

"Oh yeah." Donghyuk then continues to his lunch. 

Min usually goes to her Grandparents' house for the whole whole Christmas break because she doesn't see them often. They live all the way in the depths of Bucheon. Literally, I went with her and her grandparents live deep in Bucheon.

"And Min has the stomach flu. Poor girl won't be here for the whole week." I say. My best friend won't be able to share the Christmas spirit with me. I don't really talk to Min that much since she isn't in any of my classes. And Donghyuk always tries to win her over, when really his pick up lines are lame.

"I guess it's only the six of you guys." 

"SAERIN YOU'RE NOT GOING?!" They yell in unison.

"Just joking guys. I'll try to go if Donghyuk doesn't drag me to Bucheon again." Yeah, visiting Min's grandparents was all Donghyuk's idea.

"Of course I won't! I'm totally gonna be there!" That's the thing, I actually want to go to Min's grandparents' house again. I don't really like parties. 

Donghyuk is definitely the opposite of me. He's more of the outgoing type, very sociable and very extroverted. Me on the other hand, I'm more of a... If you were to compare me with something it'd be a rock. [lol]

A rock is very quiet and doesn't do much, but if you were to look at the design of a rock, there are many different marks that make it different form others. And if you were to brake the rock open, there would be pretty, purple crystals inside - not saying that my insides are pretty.

I'm just saying if I open up to people, I tend to turn out as the purple crystal - different.


[A/N: While writing this, I'm listening to se7en's When I can't sing, and I can't focus properly cuz this song is just... eue]

The day ends, and I end up at home with a granola bar in my hand while doing homework. I'm currently home alone, eating a snack in a messy bun, jogging pants and a pale pink tee-shirt with a little side pocket. 

I go on my laptop and sign up for my classes for next period. I suddenly hear a knock on the door. It's probably Donghyuk, so I go to the door and check the peep hole [I actually don't know what those are called, sorry xD]. It wasn't Donghyuk, it was Jinhwan.

"Hi! What are you doing here? Don't you have homework?" I ask him. He smiles, but a different smile. More than friendly is what it looked like. Almost smitten.

"That's what I came here for." He then shows me his history book. "Can you help me?" 

"Of course, but I suggest you come inside my house first."

We walk to my dining room table and open our books to today's homework. 

"So, for the essay, I didn't know who this lady was." 

"Really?" He gives me a nod.

"She's the girl who was part of the comfort women. And if you don't know what that is, it's there in the textbook. If you look at the--"

"Sorry. I, uh, got lost at girl." I give him a smile and tell him what I just said, again.


OHO HO HO!

Did you like this chapter? It's a little short, but still!

This is dedicated to the reader who said she wanted more Jinrin moments :D

I didn't even know there was a ship name for them :P

Next up is Hanbin and Saerin! 

What's their ship name? I'm really bad at creating them haha

Song of the week:

Thatxx by GD. This song is one of my favourite kpop songs of all time :)

Also, if you were wondering about the exo short stories, they'll be uploaded soon. I just haven't finished some pre-written chapters yet! Hopefully they'll be posted before I go on vacation! [crossing my fingers]

Hope you liked the chapter!

Bye beauties :)