18. May Day Festival

Potatoes

Today was supposed to be a good day. The fair was going to be held from the start of school until evening. I was supposed to be traveling to different classes, eating lots of food, having fun with friends, but no; I can't have a good day on the best day possible because of my terrible luck.

I open my locker only to see a note come out of it. Now I know what you're thinking. It's a love letter! Why're you being so fussy! Well, it's not a love letter, nor friendly letter, not even a note from the teacher!

Stop trying to be cute around Jinhwan. He'll never like you, so stop trying.

Even if you guys are friends, he's probably faking it. No one would wanna like you.

Uhm, okay? That was kind of harsh. I crumpled the paper up and left it in my pocket. The rest of the day, I was feeling a little down. What made this girl think I was trying to be cute? I'm not close to cute, even if I tried!

I didn't really question the last part of the note though. Jinhwan's not the one to fake a friendship, right? Right? Maybe I'm just over-thinking this. It's not like anyone would fake a friendship; It's way too hard to. 

Imagine pretending to be a friend to the person you hate! I know I would break easily, probably because I'm not a good liar. But still, it seems a little exhausting!

But I wasn't really affected by it though. It just seemed silly to me that this person or whatever would just go and put a hate note in my locker. If you have a problem with me, I'd like to know it too!

Anyways, the rest of the day went perfectly fine. Just a little of project making, festival prepping and the day was finished! Before I left to the bus station, Jinhwan came up to me with plenty of books in his hands.

"Hey," he says, struggling a little. 

"Do you need help?" I actually had no homework since I finished it all in class.

"Kinda.." 

I take some of his books and hold them. "Why do you have so much homework? Weren't you in all the same classes as me?"

"Yeah, of course." 

"Then why do you have homework?"

"Well...."

"Well?"

"I got in trouble for skipping the first thirty minutes of class, remember?"

"Which class?" 

"Chemistry."

"Oh yeah! And then she gave you all these books to take down notes!"

"Yeah."

"This is why I'm not a rebel,"

"What do you mean?"

"If I were to be you and skip classes I don't like, I'd be so tired everyday doing homework. It's just so much easier to do the good thing."

"For you. It's way more fun and easy to just skip and ignore things you don't like."

"True, true."

We continue to walk instead of taking the bus. When we were almost at my house, he breaks a short silence that was created.

"Hey Saerin,"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go to the festival with me?"

"Well, I am. With you, Hanbin, Donghyuk, Junhoe--" 

"No, that's not what I meant," he smiles "I meant, do you want to go with me, like as in go together to school."

"OH! Sure, that'd be great!"

"Awesome, see you at the Bus station at six?"

"Yup!"

And then we part ways. I'm actually very excited for the festival. There was a lot of cool things that we prepared and awesome performers! (Totally not self-promoting my work)

I eat an orange and go to my room. I start to pick out an outfit. It's so nice not to wear a uniform. We just have to wear this bracelet that indicates that we're students.

I pick out leggings, a red and black flannel and my black converse. To pass the time, I end up reading a few chapters about a book that helps you make a potato clock. 

That's how obsessed I am with potatoes. And now you're all going to say "but you don't even talk about potatoes that much!" That's because I don't want to share it with you guys.

I love it so much, it hurts so much to even talk about it. Okay, this just a little bit weird.

I ended up leaving the house early and walking to the bus station. I walked slower than I usually do so that I wouldn't have to wait for Jinhwan for too long, but it turns out that he was there early too.

By the time I reached the station, he was there listening to music. "Jinhwan!" I call out.

He lifts his head up and sees me. I walk into the station and wait for the bus with him with occasional small talk. 

When we reach the school, many people were there already. This was probably the best festival yet. I've never seen so many people here before. Probably because the people who designed it before made it very boring.

Before telling Jinhwan about the success, I see Hanbin walk over to us. "Hey!" He says to me and then does that guy handshake with Jinhwan. You know the one that all guys do? Hopefully you know.

The three of us head to the food stations and order dangos and ddoboki. I tried to pay, but apparently they gave us food for free since we helped build the booths. It felt really nice since we were given stuff just for helping. 

It wasn't necessary though since we just wanted to help a friend, but it was very kind. 

The three of us technically went everywhere. From haunted houses to performers. It was great until I used the washroom. Now I know what you're thinking, no I didn't take a terrible dump cause of all of the food. It was another thing. 

I was in a stall, about to flush the toilet until I heard voices. I stopped any kind of movement and waited for them to leave. I kept waiting and waiting but they never came out.

I looked through the space between the door and the divider and saw that they were doing their make up and hair. And then one of them started talking. 

"Hey did you hear? Someone told me that Saerin's only friends with Jinhwan because she wants to be popular." the girl doing her hair said.

"Someone told me that she's just trying to get closer to Hanbin through Jinhwan." says the one with the mascara.

"Oh! And this girl said she listened to a conversation between Saerin and her friend, and Saerin said that she's only friends with the six boys because she wants to get in their pants!"

The girl with the mascara laughs. I can't even anymore. I com out of the stall and see the girls standing there in front of the mirror in shock.

"Well, first can I just ask you where you heard that from?"

The three of them were silent. Maybe they just made that up, who knows?

"Second, can you at least ask the person you're talking about if these rumors are true? Have you ever heard of lies? Because right now, you're spreading them."

They quickly leave and I feel it coming out. Guilt. It was going to taunt me for the rest of the day. I could've been less rude and let them down easy. Sigh, being nice when people are mean to you is a struggle. 

I go back to where everyone is and continue with my day. Although I was enjoying my time, there was a tiny little pit in my stomach telling me that something bad was going to happen.

 



HEY GUYS!! HOW ARE YOU?

WAIT WAIT WAIT! BEFORE YOU KILL ME LET ME EXPLAIN WHY I DIDN'T UPDATE THIS BOOK IN LIKE FOREVER!

So if you guys didn't know I broke my computer - both of them because I'm a stupidly clumsy person - and wasn't able to type the chapters on my phone since all the drafts were on aff and the mobile version of aff to type a chapter is complicated and very hard to use (Like, why doesn't AFF have an app yet?). So whenever I go to my friend's house I sometimes use her computer to write every chapter. Any chance I get, I try to write as much as possible.

So there, that's why I didn't update, you happy now? Lol.

Anyways, I started school today (September 8th for those who aren't very caught up with the dates). I live in Ontario, Canada so school usually starts after Labour day. When did/does school start for you? Tell me in the comments down below :)

Also! I FINALLY made a tumblr. So if you wanna see how messed up my page is, you can go check it out.


http://www.fangirltrashblog.tumblr.com/

It's a little nooby, but oh well. It really represents who I am xD

Anyways, the song of the week is:

Troye Sivan's Wild!

You don't even know how much I love this boy eue

Have a great day!

Bye lovlies <3