14. Events?

Potatoes

The months had flew by fast. It was already May. Donghyuk was elected School president, we all passed exams. A school festival was happening in two weeks and graduation was right around the corner. 

I was currently at a bubble tea store waiting for my order. I was number fifty one. The store was pretty packed, so I did not expect to get my order really quick, but I did.

"Number fifty one?" I walked over to the counter and grabbed the two full trays of bubble tea. It wasn't ideal for me to carry both since I'm probably the clumsiest person I met, but it was worth a try. 

Once I reached outside the store I handed Jinhwan and Hanbin the two bubble tea trays. "Weakling." Hanbin says as we walk to the school. 

"I'm not weak!"

"Sure you aren't. You were practically about to fall if we weren't there to help you!" Jinhwan says. I give them a pout and take my bubble tea to drink. 

We were on our way to help Donghyuk with the May Day festival. The people that were supposed to help him quit due to his stubborness. To be honest, I'd do the same, but I'm his sister.

"Hey! Stop cheating!" Jinhwan tells me while Hanbin takes the drink out of my hands.

"What do you mean?"

"We're supposed to drink it all together! You can't be unfair!"

I laugh at their silliness and continue following them to the school.

"WE BROUGHT THE GOODS!" Hanbin yells as I hold up a black bag of food. The sweaty boys quickly run and take a sip of the bubble tea given to them.

I take this wooden stand that they've created and place the dumplings, samgyupsal, ddobokki to accompany the most important dish; Potatoes. "Let's eat!" I give everyone a toothpick and we all start eating.

I can't believe I'm at school on a Saturday eating with these dorks.The only thing that would make it better was if Min was here. Donghyuk obviously asked her if she wanted to help, but she said she was busy. 

I miss her. I miss the jokes that only we would understand. Our great comebacks. Why is she always busy? I'm always open to Min if she needs me, but now she doesn't have the time to see me and I don't know why.


We all go to the mall to window shop or just watch Junhoe fix his hair in every mirror he finds, including my pocket miror. While walking through one of the stores, I notice something. Something that I needed.

It was a stuffed toy potato. It was so small and cute. It had a face and everything!

"Excuse me sir, how much is this?" I ask. BECAUSE I NEED IT!

"It's five dollars m'am." The price was so cheap too. This is a win win situation. But with an exception. When I checked my wallet there was probably only two dollars left. I used it all buying the bubble tea and food, I don't have any left.

I pout and put it back. I turn around to see Hanbin. "Hey, why so sad potato?" 

I smile. "Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Why do you two always say that?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"You always say 'no, it's nothing. Don't worry about it' when it's obviously something and it's bothering you."

"Because you don't need to worry. The problem is resolved."

"No it isn't." He says to me while holding my shoulders. Is it just me, or was he about to kiss me? Probably just me. He lets go of my shoulders and goes into the store.

"Hanbin?" He grabs the potato and goes to the counter to pay for it. I know he's not buying it for himself because he has no interest in potatoes.

I run to where is and grab the arm that was about to reach for his wallet. His arm tenses up for some reason and I can feel his muscles. He's very built. "Hanbin, you don't need to buy it for me. I can live without it."

"Yeah, but I want to buy it. For you." I let go of his arm and he pays for the potato toy. Why do people have to be so kind? He hands me the toy and we leave the store.

"Thank you so much!" I hug him out of my greatfulness. He really didn't have to buy it, but he did anyway; For me.

"Seriously, you don't need to thank me. But you could hug me more."

I then can feel my face turn red. "W-what?" 

"Nothing. See? I'm using your word! Now let go." I let go of him and he runs to where the rest of our friends are. Did he just say he wants me to hug him? Maybe I didn't hear correctly. I am having bad hearing this week. Maybe I just heard wrong. Yeah, that's it.

I go to where our friends are and act as if nothing happened. 

"Hey, where did you get that potato?" Jinhwan asks. "Hanbin bought it for me. When I specifically told him not to."

"Wow, what a rebel!" He says, making it as sarcastic as he possibly can.

"He didn't need to buy it. I would've lived without the toy."

"Yeah, but he's being nice. Let's hurry, they're about to buy pizza." He then puts his arm around he and leads me to the pizza parlour in a faster pace. 


When the mall closed, they all decided to go to our house and sleepover. If Donghyuk's having a slumber party, I can too! I quickly call Min.

"Hello?" She says through the phone. She kind of sounds like she's been crying her eyes out.

"Are you busy?"

"No. Why?"

"You wanna sleepover? Donghyuk's having a slumber party, Soohyun's on a business trip and I don't wanna be in a sausage fest. Please tell me you wanna come and see me for the first time in years."

"Sure. I'll come now!"

"Oh my god, really?"

"Yeah!"

"OKAY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!" We hang up and I quickly run to the grocery store with Hanbin to buy candy and ice cream. 

In the middle of shopping, Hanbin stops me. "Why are you buying so much food?"

"Min's coming to sleepover because it's currently a sausage fest at my house. And so that you guys have something to eat later."

We continue to buy food until he stops me again. "About today..."

"Don't worry about it. I heard wrong, so let's just leave it alone."

Before I continue, he puts his arm around me. "You look cold, so don't think anything dirty." Now to think about it, we were in the frezzer aisle and I wasn't wearing a sweater. I was wearing a black v-neck. Good thing the boy knows about my hives.

We leave the store with the paid items - thanks Soohyun for leaving one of your credit cards with me :) - and run to my house. We enter my house to see Donghyuk using cheesy pick up lines on Min.

"Are you a fruit? Because I think you look like a fineapple." Why? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?! 

Everyone starts laughing - even Min. "Sorry for leaving you with my ailen brother. I was buying ice cream and candy for your arrival."

We quickly run to each other and hug. I missed this girl so much, you don't even know.

"Oh Donghyuk, you got some competion here!" Junhoe says, while everyone oo's.

We laugh and face Donghyuk. "Sorry brother, but I already stole her." I smile and leave the room with the ice cream. "So, you wanna tell me why you were crying on the phone?"

"Huh?" We enter my room and close the door. We sit on my bed, cross legged. "On the phone; You sounded like you were crying."

"Oh... Well that's a long story."

"Well, I got the food for it!" I hold up the black bags filled with ice cream and yummy treats. "Now tell me!"

"Okay. So I promised myself to keep a secret for once so these people will just be named tree and cat and such." 

I nod and listen intentily to the story. Apparently, Min has a crush on Boy A, but Boy A likes Girl B. Everytime she wants to talk to Boy A either Boy B or Girl B is there, and it makes her frustrated.

"Well, if it's a boy you're gonna cry and mourn over about not being able to make him like or notice you, he's not worth trying for."

"Thanks Saerin, but I don't know if I can stop lliking him." 

"The heart wants what it can't have. All you have to do is show it what it really needs." [A/N: Dayum. I'm deep]

We give each other a hug and continue talking about our lives when we were apart for so long. 

"And then my uncle cooked the eggs in the eggnog, so when he tried to down it in one shot, he choked on the egg! It was hilarious!" I was on the floor laughing my off. Two tubs of ice cream were finished and there were tons of candy left.

"I'm just gonna give this to the guys. By the time I come back, I'll probably stop laughing." I leave the room with the food and head to where they were in the living room.

Before I continued, I could hear oo's and ah's. I had to stop and eavesdrop. 

"HANBIN AH!" Bobby says, almost like he's ready to devour the world. "Yeah?" 

"I dare you to... Hold on, let me think." I quickly, but quietly run to my room and get Min to listen with me. I leave the bedroom door open just in case I need to run back inside.

"Why?" Min whispers to me. "Just listen. They're playing truth or dare."

"Oh!" Bobby quickly says, excited to say his dare. "I dare you to ask Saerin out on a date! A real date."

They all start ooing. 

"Okay. I'll just take her to the Park tomorrow." He says, being very chill.

"Min close the door like how you'd regularly would." She closes the door, making sure the door had a quiet slam to it.

We then walk to where they are and they make no noise at all. I can see straws in the middle of their circle. 

"Why so quiet? Jeez. Well, here's our left over food."

Jinhwan suddenly grabs my wrist. "Do you two wanna play with us?" His soft voice brings music to my ears.

"Uhm.. Min, do you wanna play?" She nods and we join the circle. This night's gonna be eventful.


URMEGURD! 

I wrote like four chapters in one day :P

My computer is really laggy now xD

Did you guys like this chapter? It longer than I thought it would be.

Hopefully you like this chapter because this one is the one I spent the most time on.

Literally. I wrote this and then my computer restarted for no reason and I didn't save it, so it deleted what I wrote before ;A;

Maybe it was a sign. Maybe my computer was telling me it and that I should restart xD

Well, this is it for today!

Bye lovlies :)

Song of the week:

Is There Somewhere by Halsey.

This is also one of my favourite songs of all time. It's just so uggghhhh. I love it.

Hopefully you love this book as much as I love this song xD