13. #HanBae

Potatoes

[*Author-nim knocks out Saerin and tapes shut* Hey guys... Uh so, you watched me do the whole thing? Uh, not because she kissed Jinhwan last week of course, that would be totally shallow of me. Pffff! So uh, this week Hanbin's gonna narrate for Saerin while I try to uh.. Wake her up? Okay bye. *Stuffs Saerin in a closet. Enjoy :)]

Chaperoning on Valentine's Day was defiantly not to my enjoyment. I was disappointed that I wasn't chosen to be in the janitor's closet with her. But I guess it was for the best. I didn't want to say something by accident again.

Oh yeah, you weren't in mind that day. It was during the Christmas party when I brought her to my secret hideout. Yeah, I was actually nervous, but thank goodness my great acting skills came to use.

[Insert flashback music here]

"You know what else is beautiful?" I say, lowering my head down. I then whisper to myself. "You." I can feel her gaze on me. Oh no. What if I was too loud?! I totally forgot she was in the room!

"The sky!" Nice going genius, she already said that the sky was nice. 

"What?" Okay, maybe she didn't hear me. Let's stay hopeful.

"Look, the stars! Aren't they pretty?" She starts laughing.

"Why do you sound so nervous?" . She knows, she knows, she knows, she knows! SHE FREAKING KNOWS! 

Hanbin, keep your cool. Maybe you're just over thinking this. Act cool.

"Me? Nervous? Please." Good. That's convincing. Now I just gotta make it Hanbinish. "If anything, you should be the one nervous."

[Le fin de flashback]

But why did she have to be with Jinhwan, my rival. We both have a "thing" for her, but we don't say "crush" because we like to be in denial according to Donghyuk.

But he has nothing to say because he denies his love for Min, when it is super obvious. Maybe boys like to be in denial? Wow, and I thought girls were confusing. My kind is confusing enough.

But I suddenly get called out my teacher while drowning into my thoughts.

"Mr. Kim Hanbin, class is no time to daydream and sleep when I'm trying to ask you a physics question." He says my full name because there are like fifty million other 'Kims' in my class.

"Sorry sir." I sit up and put my head down. Please put me in detention, please put me in detention, please put me in detention.

"How about you take this yellow slip," PRAISE THE LORD! "And head to the detention room."

I take my things and the slip and get out of the class. Little does he know that the detention class is closed during this class because he teaches history.

I go to my "secret hideout" and clean off one of the desks for me to sit on. I start using my phone and text Saerin.

What class are you in right now?

From: HanBae

Do you like my contact name? I created it for her. I'm really proud of it.

In History. Goodbye Hanbin.

From: Saeron

Yes, it's a typo, but it's still funny to see her name like that.

I guess I can't text her anymore. She's obviously not gonna get detention, and since she's in the same class as Jinhwan, there's no point of texting him. How about... Kimbap!

What class are you in?

From: Binnie Mouse

Science. It's a pain in the .

From: Kimbap

My teacher tried to put me in detention. 

From: Binnie Mouse

lol. But the detention teacher is teaching history

From: Kimbap

I know, but no one tells him. 

From: Binnie Mouse

The bell then rings and I go to my locker which is next to Bobby's. When I see him we give each other that man greeting that all guys do. You know the hand-clap-grab-chest bump thing? Yeah, that.

Right now we have P.E and I'm surprised to see Saerin there, in the gymasium, in our gym uniform - well the girl version. This is getting really weird.

"Saerin!" I call out. She turns to the noise and runs to me.

"Hi!" Her hair is tied into a bun like Valentine's Day. And love it when she puts her hair like that. And because she's short, her hair ends up near my nose so I smell it every time. Don't judge me okay.

She smells like green apples or like the blue coloured candy. It was nice. STOP JUDGING ME!

"When did you take P.E? Don't you have a strong dislike for sports?"

"I do, but this period our teacher is gone for track and field so he gave us P.E instead of a free period." 

"Are you going to be able to play volleyball with us? It's kinda... Rough on the arms."

Her eyes then light up. "Volley ball?"

"Yeah, but you said you only liked watching it so I expected--"

She then cuts me off. "But if we're on the same team, you'll help me play the only sport I like. Right?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" It's weird because usually Jinhwan would also be here trying to help her instead, but he's over there talking to Donghyuk.

"YOU WHAT?!" We look to where the noise came from. It was Donghyuk yelling at Jinhwan. What did the poor boy do?

"Sorry!" Jinhwan yells, and then continues to their conversation.

"Your brother's pretty weird." I look back to her to see her face a light shade a pink. "You alright there? You're kind of.. Never mind." The pink will go away before we start, so there's no reason for me to point it out.

"Yeah. I'm perfectly fine. Why?" 

"Never mind. I just thought I saw something."

The teacher then comes and picks team captains. Today we were going to play doge ball due to the over population. Everyone gets into a line in front of the team captains and lets them choose.

Donghyuk and some other kid from a different class were the captains. And of course, Donghyuk chooses me. Because the other kid had no idea of the star players he just picks his friends.

After everyone is picked, Donghyuk ends up having a team of our group and some other kids. I expected Jinhwan to be all over Saerin, but he's currently annoying Donghyuk.

Saerin, the clueless girl she is almost gets hit with a dodge ball. Luckily I catch it and get that team member from the other side out. What can I say? I have some special skills.

"Thanks Hanbin." She says shyly.

"No problem. Just be more attentive and try to catch a ball."

The game continues for another five minutes until a guy from the other side injures one of our players. It's some kid from the other class, so I'm not for sure of what to do. I just stand there, looking at the scene. 

Saerin on the other hand is like a doctor. She testing his leg and seeing what injuries he may have.

"Where does it hurt?" She asks. 

He points to ankle. "What happened?"

"I was just about finished tying my shoelace and without knowing I was hit and I fell. And as you can see, I fell onto my ankle and now it really hurts."

She observes the ankle and tests it's flexibility. "Yeah, uhm, sorry to brake it to you, but I think you sprained your ankle."

He sighs and his friends help him to the infirmary. 

"WHAT GRADE ARE YOU GUYS IN?" The teachers asks us.

"Twelve." We reply back. 

"THEN WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" He yells. Jeez, it wasn't even our fault. Why are you getting mad at us. It was just an accident.

"YOU GUYS ARE IN YOUR LAST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL AND YET YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY DODGE BALL?! GO OUTSIDE AND RUN LAPS UNTIL THE BELL!"

Why? It wasn't even our fault. It was only an accident. This teacher is just-- I can't even explain.

We all walk to the field outside and start running around the lott. Saerin catches up to me, more tired than ever. "Is this," she stops to catch her breath "What you do.... Every P.E class?"

"No. One of your classmates just made a big mistake and made us run fifty million laps. We usually don't run at all unless we sign up track and field."

"I guess our class is just bad luck." I laugh at her. Her class may be bad luck, but I know she isn't.

We continue running and the bell finally rings. I'm really sweaty, but Saerin on the other hand isn't.

"How are you not sweaty?" 

"I was allowed to take breaks inside due to my condition."

"Hives?"

"It's a serious matter okay!"

"To look like a frog? Because then it isn't because you look like that everyday." I laugh at my own joke. 

She hits my shoulder. "It's not my fault I'm broken!" I shake my head and go to the change room.

I quickly shower and leave. On the way out I see Jinhwan. "Hey!" We give each other the male way greeting. And no, I will not explain it again.

"What's up with you and Saerin?"

"Nothing. Why?" He's pretty good at lying. But not good enough.

"Stop lying." 

"Just don't worry. Nothing is wrong."

"Then why was Donghyuk yelling at you?"

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing."

"Okay~"

"No seriously, it's nothing."

I shake my head and we continue walking. I guess I'll just have to ask Donghyuk then.


OHOHOHOHOHO!

Did you guys like this special chapter? It's fairly long this time unlike the other ones.

AND HANBIN NARRATES THIS CHAPTER eue

Hopefully this chapter wasn't disappointing! I'm so full of ideas, I've been pre writing these chapters :)

I'm so proud of myself. ;A; I gotta stay strong for you guys though. *clenches heart*

I love you guys:D

Song of the week:

It's called Trouble by Nevershoutnever. This is like one of my favourite songs in the whole world. Like no joke. I even tried learning it on every instrument I have, but failed miserably XD
Hope you had/have a great week :)
Bye lovlies =3=