06. Date

Potatoes

I wake up in my bed, still mourning over my decision. I could've just left the kid to be bald; Now a days, you can just wear a wig and it'll look real. And out of all people, why me? He didn't even look like we wanted to ask me in general!

I take a quick shower and check the time. It's twelve in the afternoon. What did I do yesterday? Oh yeah, cried. Not literally, but I was crying on the inside, okay?

I looked inside my closet. I pick out clothes from the hangers and throw them to the floor. 

"Nope." I pick out another. "Nope," This routine goes on for five minutes until Donghyuk comes in my room. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" 

"What does it look like?"

"But aren't you wearing clothes right now?"

"But I'm going out later."

"Huh?"

"Just leave me be Donghyuk."

"Okay~"

He doesn't understand my pain. Nobody does. Like, what do people even do on dates?! What do I wear? What's going to happen? No one understand my pain. 

I had found something to wear at last. I wore a pair of light blue jeans and a white sweater that was baggy but not so baggy. On the front it said the words 'gold' in gold. I then wrapped a red checkered flannel around my waist. I also had put on grey panda socks, but they sadly got covered by my black and white converse. 

Now it was one o'clock. Yes, It took me an hour to pick and outfit. Don't judge.

I check my kitchen for breakfast. The cupboards are empty; Again. Back to the grocery store I guess. 

I take my bag and head out the door. While walking to the store I spot Jinhwan; Or should I say he spotted me.

"Saerin!" He runs up to me and gives me a hug. "Long time no see buddy!" Didn't I see him yesterday? I don't even know anymore.

"So, what're you doing here?" I ask.

"Me?" No, the lamppost. Of course you, who else am I talking to? "Well, I was just walking to Hanbin's house. We're all preparing for-"

"JINHWAN!" Oh my goodness, where are all these people coming from?! Seriously, where? The sky or something? *Instert song 'raining men' here*

"Junhoe?" They give each other a hug and Junhoe whispers something in his ear. But sadly, I am unable to catch what he says. But Jinhwan does give a sorry look, so Junhoe probably scolded him for all I know.

"So Saerin, what're you doing?"

"I was just buying groceries, you?" 

"Nothing really. So we'll help you carry your bags!"

"Huh? No, no! It's okay, I can do it!"

"Too bad. Let's go!"

The two then drag me to my local super market. What an adventure! *Note sarcasm*

I get a cart and they start throwing stuff inside it. "WOAH! Guys, I'm on a budget here!" I pick up everything they put inside and put it back. "You realize I'm not a millionaire, right? I only get things needed and on sale. And if you're gonna help me, look at the list. And look for the cheapest price!"

They then ran away from me with the list. I guess I can buy food? I go to the fast food section and order potatoes and dumplings. By the time the food was ready, they came running with to baskets filled with my groceries.

"Done." They say in unison. 

They walk with me to my place and hand me my groceries. They leave me in my drive way and run to the opposite direction we just came from. 

I fill the cupboards and prepare the table for the three of us. "GUYS, EAT!"

The two come out of the room and sit at their 'designated' seats. 

"DUUUMPLIIINNGGGSSSSS~!!!!" 

We say our graces and begin to eat lunch. I hardly eat my food due to the nervousness inside my stomach though. At four-fifty-ish I finish my food and put my dish in the sink.

"I'm leaving now! DON'T eat all the food, okay!"

"No promises." Soohyun says back.

I don't get money that fast now-a-days. My parents send me 100,000 dollars every month. It's really hard to stop them from working so hard. My parents work fifty thousand jobs a day and then Soohyun also gives Donghyuk and I allowance which is just waaaaayyy too much money given.

I need my own job and show my parents that they need to stop giving me money. Some day~


I reached the park we were supposed to meet at, and currently it's empty. My stomach is churning. When will the agony end. I'm actually five minutes late, he should still be here unless if he's that impatient. 

He didn't even give me his contact information. This is suuupperr sketchy. 

One hour later.

Maybe he's just running late. He'll be here.

Another hour later.

Patience is a virtue Saerin.

Two more hours.

I'm on my breaking point. Who asks someone to go on a date, but ends up being four hours late? Or ends up not showing up with no contact information? Oh, I know! Hanbin.

I call the closest person to Hanbin that's on my contact list. Floppy Hat.

"Hello?" The sound in the background is very loud on his side.

"Hi, Floppy Hat! This is Water Girl,"

"Hi! How may I help you today?" He chuckles softly.

"I was just wondering if you have any contact information belonging to Kim Hanbin."

"Why?" Thanks for making my life worse.

"It's just because he was supposed to meet me at the park today at five o'clock, but as you can tell, it's four hours after."

"No worries. Here," The phone gets far from his mouth. 

And here comes the part that kills me the most.

"Hanbin! The call's for you!"

He's with Floppy Hat. And probably the rest of his friends. It all makes sense.

The 'How am I going to do that,' the 'She's gonna hate me' and the 'preparing.'  It all makes sense. This whole time he was planning on standing me up. (No Sherlock LOL TTUTT)

How could I be so stupid. Can I take a hint? All these signs were so obvious, but yet I was too stupid to know.

"Hello?" Hanbin's voice rings in my ear.

"Hi, this is Saerin." Hopefully he doesn't sense the anger in my voice. You know what, screw him. Let him hear my anger.

Stop Saerin. You're stooping to his level.

Even if he did something bad to you, don't do it back. You ARE better than this. Even if you want him to die in a hole, you can't do that. It's rude and an act of murder.

"How can I help you?"

"Well first, you were supposed to be here by five. Second, I don't know if you were supposed to do this, but don't do it ever again. To me or to any other girl. Lastly, I'd like to thank you for ruining my first experience of a date. Because of you, I've lost trust in all this 'relationship' stuff. So before you continue to your 'party' consider this; I accepted something I didn't want to accept. The reason why I did it? To save your hair. But what you're giving me in return is unacceptable."

There was a silence.

Take a breath, and continue in the most pleasant way possible.

"I may sound like your mom, but instead of doing something that you know will end bad, do something that will benefit both you and the other. So before I start yelling and act erosional, bye Hanbin. Have a very, good, pleasant day." 

I hang up the phone and angrily walk back home. This was a fifteen minute walk to get here with a feeling of being anxious, now let's see how long it'll take to get back while angry.


I  reach home and check my watch; Twenty minutes. New record.

I close the door and stomp to my room. Donghyuk looks at me. I look back. We turn our heads and continue to our doings.

I get ready for bed with fumes coming out of my ears. I wonder if I look like a dragon; Now's not the time to think about that Saerin! Sometimes I just stress myself out, you know?

By the time I was finished, I was sitting under my covers. What kind of bet breaks a girl's heart? 

Maybe it was made for me? The more I thought about it, the more it made sense.

Theory:

  • I've never been on a date
  • I have no interest in Hanbin whatsoever
  • My patience level is strong
  • An optimistic person
  • Good at convincing myself.

​I was a perfect target.

If you think about it, the girl he chose could've been a lady who maybe have liked him for years! She also could have been an emotionally unstable girl; If that happened, who knows what could've happened! [Could've count x3]

Mission: Tell Hanbin you're sorry on Monday.

Good conscience: Good job Saerin; Always doing the right things.

Bad conscience: What are you thinking? Are you dumb or something? DON'T apologized. He deserved your lecture!. Instead, dig him a hole and tell him to die in it.

Let's not listen to my bad conscience. She's kind of scary... 


OH MY GOD! I'M SORRY FOR MY CRAPPY CHAPTER ;A;

I ALMOST FORGOT TO POST AND EDIT MY WORKS XD

BUT NO WORRIES! I NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOU READERS :D

I SHOULD STOP WRITING IN CAPS..

Okay, I'm done now XD

This chapter's horrible, but I had no idea of how to fix it TT_TT

And I now realized I have like two projects due and a test on Monday.

Oh well, screw studying math.

So today's song of the week is... *Cue drum roll.

Jinyoung's 'Be My Girl.' This one's supposed to be a throw back, but I'm not that big of a b1a4 fan. 

I do like their music - and Sandeul - but I just never had that urge to get into them like I do with other bands if you know what I'm saying.

So hopefully you enjoyed and that I didn't dissapoint you - which I probably did. So sorry TT_TT

Please ignore any mistakes that I didn't see and..

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING TO MY BOOK! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, LIKE I CAN'T EVEN--

As of right now [150328 12:23AM] I have TWETNY-ONE subscribers :D (sorry, I just had to put the vine here xd)

Please keep reading - it gets better I swear.

Have a good night, morning, afternoon and evening!

BYE BYE♥