20. Oh! Someone's Calling Me

Potatoes

We were now at the restaurant. We sat at a large rectangular table since we were a lot. It was the seven of us at one table, so we were probably loud as well, but we had a lot of fun.

When our eating spree was over, we all went home. But something was off when Donghyuk and I unlocked our door to our house. There seemed to be a weird presence in the room.

Donghyuk the light and our parents and sisters popped out from behind our kitchen counter. "SURPRISE!" They yell, scaring us. 

"Mom, dad!"I say in joy, and I- as well as Donghyuk - run to my parents and hug them. I haven't seen them in so long!

"What are you guys doing here?" Donghyuk asks.

"I see, we're not wanted here. Let's go then." My mother says to my dad and starts laughing. 

"Since we haven't seen you four in a long time, I guessed we should come here for the summer. But we're not staying for long though, only three weeks."

I frown at what they say. I know I should be thankful that I'm able to see them, but it really upsets me that they really want to work a lot over spending more time with their children.

Anyways, we all sat down in our lounge and started catching up with each other. Since my parents are workaholics, they don't really call us a lot, so when we talk to each other we always have so many things to say.

After our family chat I go to my room and do my homework. There isn't any importance to it though since our report cards are being sent tomorrow - which means school ends in a few days thank the Lord - but I might as well study.


It was now the last day of school. My parents have been very busy lately helping me with my school tuitions for the university I got accepted into, and Donghyuk has been trying to book Hanbin, Junhoe, Yunhyeong, Bobby, Jinhwan, Min and I tickets to go to Jeju Island for when my parents leave.

Now this will probably be the most eventful summer I'm ever going to have before university. It's going to be sad. Hanbin and Jinhwan are going to music school, Bobby is going to go to Hollywood with his family and studying there, Donghyuk is going to buy a house with Junhoe and will be studying law, Yunhyeong is going to take the year off to work and Min is going to study abroad in China. We're all going to be separated.

But getting my mind off of the sad things, today is our graduation ceremony. We all sit down in the blue gowns and hats on the chairs outside our school. We are currently on a stage. The principal is on the podium introducing the valedictorian.

I didn't know who he was but his speech was very touching. He was talking about something along the lines of missing the school - which we all know is a lie, but it was a good speech. 

After the whole ceremony, we went home, but prepared ourselves for our party at Jinhwan's house. He said it was going to be a small party, but last time he said that there were a lot of people, so I put on an extra layer of deodorant just in case.

I was wearing a pair of leggings, a white blouse, and red converse. It was a casual attire party so I didn't need to dress up.

When Donghyuk and I reached the house, we could hear many people laughing and yelling already. Some people are even outside his house making out. So many girls were wearing such revealing clothing making me feel over dressed - but in a good way.

We enter the almost full house, looking around for people we know. Donghyuk almost automatically spots Min, so he leaves me to look for everyone else. I run to the kitchen and see Junhoe, Hanbin and Jinhwan. 

"Hey!" Hanbin says and gestures me to go to them. I wave a hello and walk over to them. By the time I'm almost beside Hanbin, I trip over my foot - yes that is possible if you're as clumsy as me - and fall into Jinhwan's arms.

He smiles and laughs lightly at my actions. Stupid Saerin, always falling over yourself. I get out of his arms and laugh awkwardly. I'm so stupid, like no one in the world just randomly trips over their own feet.

"So, where have you been this whole time?" Hanbin asks, trying to break the awkward atmosphere that was created by me. 

"Well, at home. I try not to be the first one at a party since I'm so awkward." I say, laughing at myself.

We have a conversation for a good thirty minutes, but then Junhoe leaves so he can say his greetings to Donghyuk bringing Jinhwan with him. So now it was just me and Hanbin, alone.

"What day are we going to Jeju?" He asks, casually taking a sip of a his drink. He has his hair up, probably because he just fixed his undercut. He's wearing a black t-shirt with a red and black checkered flannel and black jeans.

"I think the third week of July, but I would ask Donghyuk about that if you really want the specific day."

"Are we going to stay at Jinhwan's mother's house or a hotel?"

"I think we're renting a hotel towards the end of our trip because Jinhwan's mom has to go and visit his grandparents. But the majority of our stay will be at his mom's house."

"I'm so excited. Jinhwan's mom makes the best samgyupsal!"

"I'm not too big of a fan of pork, but I do like samgyupsal."

"And his house there is a few minutes away from a beach. If you're there in the morning you'll be able to smell Jeju at it's finest."

"Really? You seem to go there a lot."

"Yeah. When Jinhwan and I were old enough to travel on airplanes alone, we'd go there every summer. It's the best."

"That makes me more excited to go than I already am."

"It's way more fun than you can even imagine!"

Hanbin casually takes a step closer to me. He seems to be really into our conversation at the moment. We talk about Jeju some more and how he'll miss going there during his breaks when he goes to college. He then changes the subject completely.

"Can I ask you something?" He says, looking towards the ground.

"Yeah sure, anything."

"Do you feel the same way?" He starts to twiddle his thumbs.

"What do you mean?"

"Saerin... I have liked you for so long already- which you probably have known after our date - and when you kissed me back I was so happy and I just - I need to know if you actually like me back."

"Wow. I uh--" I don't know how to reply back. I need to get away from him. There is no way I will be able to answer that.

I quickly think of something so stupid,but it's the only way I'm escaping this question. 

"Oh, I think I can hear Min calling me. I gotta go." I quickly run out of the kitchen. I know it's impossible for me to be able to hear someone call me with the amount of people here, but that's the only excuse I could think of.

"Saerin, seriously?" He says before I was outside the kitchen door. Yes Hanbin, really.

I start walking. I don't know where, but I'll find someone along the way. Suddenly somebody taps my shoulder.I turn around to see Jinhwan. 

"Hey Saerin." He says to me. He was wearing a black and white stripped shirt, a jean jacket and black jeans.

"Hi!"

"So, you left Hanbin alone?" He laughs.

"Yeah, I was looking for Min. I haven't seen her all day." I try to make conversation with him so I don't have to see Hanbin.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure!" As long as I can keep my mind off of what Hanbin said, he can tell me anything.

"I... Like you." Seriously! I literally jinxed it for myself.

"So, I'm just going to go look for Min!"  And I quickly go somewhere far from Jinhwan.

In the middle of a crowd I hear awes and people yelling, crowding around something. I push through people and find Min... Oh and Donghyuk. And can you guess what they're doing? Kissing.

I'm so done with this party. Too many things are happening. Too many things aren't able to be processed through my brain anymore. I need to leave.

I leave the party. I start walking to my house. All these questions start to run through my head.

Since when did Hanbin like me? Why does Jinhwan like me? When did Min start having a thing for Donghyuk?! It's all so complicated!

I look at the ground. I have no time to look at what's in front of me. Next thing you know, Seungyoon is going to appear out of no where and ask if I'm going to see his performance Friday!

I suddenly bump into someone. 

"Sorry," I say. I look up and before my eyes is Seungyoon.

"Hey Saerin! I haven't seen you in so long! So are you going to come to my performance Friday?" I should become a fortune teller.

"Yeah! I'm really excited to see you and your friends perform."

"Well, I'll see you soon I guess." He heads towards Jinhwan's house. He has no idea what is going on inside his house right now. Maybe he'll think it's nothing, but it's a huge deal for me. 

When I reach my house, my parents are sitting on the couch watching T.V. 

"Sweetie, where's Donghyuk?"

"He's ki--" I almost ratted out my brother. Oh, if they know what I was about to say, I'm dead.

"What was that?" Phew.

"He's still at the party. I didn't feel well, so I came here."

"Well get some rest upstairs darling."

"Yeah." 

I go to my room and scream into a pillow. My life is messed up.


HI!

I just realized that I still didn't edit the last chapter and I forgot to put the song of the week.

SoI don't forget I'll put it now.

Troye Sivan's Talk Me Down. 

I'm in love with his trilogy.

Anyways, I'm sick. I rarely get as sick as I am right now. Since Canada's weather is so messed up right now, my body has been messed up.

Also, I've lately been into Seventeen.

My bias is S.coups. He hurts my heart. 

If you like Seventeen, tell me your favourite member in the comment section below :)

Expect a one shot next week! I've been working on it for a while :)

So before this gets too long, I'm going to end it here.

Bye lovlies ♥