04. Oh no

Potatoes

Yesterday's dinner went really well yesterday. Nobody cried, everyone was talking; It was really different.

It was lunch and everyone was talking about yesterday's event with floppy hat guy and me (and water if you want to be specific). I'm still mourning over it. 

But something about floppy hat was familiar. He just seemed like someone I've met before. Too bad I didn't get his name, that would've helped me a lot.

"Hey, Earth to Saerin?" Donghyuk says while waving a hand in my face. "Were you even listening to what I was saying?"

I shake my head. "Sorry. I was just thinking about something." He then continues talking. Sometimes, I don't even think Min listens to him, and she's one of the kindest people I know!

While were were "listening" to Donghyuk, a guy comes to our table. "Which one of you is water girl?" EXCUSE ME? I'M WATER GIRL?

"This girl." Donghyuk says and points both fingers at me. And if you were wondering, I hit him in the arm. "Are you stupid?!" I whisper to him. 

"Hey, aren't you meddling man?" The guy says. I start laughing. My big brother? Meddling man? Perfect word to describe him!

"Sorry, got a little distracted. Uhm.. So water girl come follow me, my group leader wants to talk to you.

I sigh and follow him. What kind of group of friends is this? When did a leader come relevant to friends? What happened to the first nation community theory? 

While walking through the halls, the guy I'm currently following kept fixing his hair. Who knew guys cared so much about how they looked?

"Hey, does my hair look okay?" I take a closer look at his hair. Looks soft and clean, but a little flat. "Here," I then fix his hair, making it have more volume. 

"Thanks!" He gives me a soft smile. He looks friendly. But why does his face look familiar as well? 

... Wait a minute... I stop walking. "Are you friends with that Hanbin guy?" He nods. "By any chance, Hanbin's the one that wants to talk to me?" He nods again. "And let me guess, Hanbin's the leader of your group, right?" 

"Yes, he is. Why are you asking me these questions?" He looks more confused that ever. 

"Because - never mind, just keep walking." I was gonna tell him he was part of the reason why I got the name 'Water Girl,' but it really isn't his fault. He didn't tell me to move the fight to a different location, it was Donghyuk. He didn't spill the water on me, it was floppy hat and his friends' fault. 


We finally reach their 'hang out spot' and already I see Jinhwan, Bobby and Hanbin. 

"Thanks Junhoe. You, sit." Hanbin says and points to and empty spot on a bench. We were located in the bleachers. 

"Isn't it against the rules to eat here?" I say while sitting. "Yeah. And your point is?" I shake my head. "Just asking. Why did you bring me here anyway?"

"Just wanted to ask you if you had a duet partner yet." Seriously? That's all you had to ask? "Do you?" Oh, I forgot he asked me a question. "Yes..." "What song?" "... We're still debating between two..." Why is he asking me these questions?

"Oh.. Okay.. You can leave now." Did he really just bring me to the other side of the school just for him to ask me three questions and leave?!

"C'mon, let's leave together!" Jinhwan says and clings to my arm. He gives me his sweet smile. 

It's not that I don't like Jinhwan - which I do, but as a friend - it's just people think I'm someone who wants death. And I definitely do not want to die.

While walking back to the cafeteria we have small talk. "Who's your partner?" 

"Hm? Oh, Donghyuk." I should've said meddling boy. Darn, I just wasted my chance.

"Ah. Are you two dating?" WHAT?!

I choke on my saliva. "No no no! You got it all wrong! He's my twin brother!"

"Oh. That's embarassing...Sorry for the misunderstanding. " 

"No, it's fine. He does cling onto me and follow me around a lot." I give him a small smile.

"So, who's older?"

"What?" "You know... Which one was born first?"

"Oh! Well, I might as well just tell you everyone in my family. So first is my oldest sister is Soohyun, she's twenty-three, my second sister is Jiyeon, she's twenty, but she would be the same age as my sister if she was alive."

"Wow. I'm so sorry for your lost." 

"No it's okay. I don't really get affected by it a lot anymore. Anyways, there's Donghyuk. He's... Three minutes older than me I think. And here's me!"

He chuckles softly. "Where are your parents?"

"My parents? They're in the States. I lived with them until I was in the sixth grade."

"Do you live with a relative?"

"I used to. But now that my sister's a legal age to own a house, she decided to buy one for all of us to live in."

We continue to chat all the way back to the cafeteria. It's pretty talkative, but really sweet.


I was walking home by myself today. My brother had a meet up with the other people running for student body president and was gonna be home late.

It's a little weird why they're eager for a student body president this year. Maybe there's gonna be a lot of events happening this year? I don't even know.

While walking to the bus stop I bump into Floppy Hat again. 

"Oops! Sorry- Floppy Hat?"

"What?" 

"Sorry, I didn't get your name so this is the only name I can remember you by."

He takes a good look at my face then widens his eyes for a short second - which is really weird for someone who's eyes are pretty small.

"And you're water girl." Oh, that's how he wants to play it. I give him a glare as we walk into the bus. And to my surprise the bus was more crowded than ever. 

Because the bus was crowded Floppy Hat and I were forced to stand together - very closely. His body was literally up against mine - NO DIRTY JOKES!

This made us really awkward. At least he wasn't wearing a floppy hat today, there was definitely more room when he'd look at me. 

This was also awkward because I was at his armpit level - because I'm short - and I was smelling his fumes.

He actually didn't smell bad though. He was a little lemony. I wonder what deodorant he uses...

"Water girl, sorry if I smell bad. I just came from P.E."

"No worries. You smell great!" His cheeks turn a bright pink. "Too much information?" 

"Too much information.." He replies back. I give him a shy smile.


We were talking to each other occasionally, looking at each other often to make sure we weren't dying of suffocation. This time, we turn our heads at each other at the same time and the bus halted at a stop very strongly.

This wouldn't have been a problem if the guy behind us wasn't so clumsy and keep his balance every stop.

When the bus stopped, the person behind Floppy Hat had bumped into him. 

It was all in slow motion;The closer he got, the slower it was.

He finally reached my lips; Our eyes wide open, looking at each other in shock. When the guy got his balance back, Floppy Hat released the kiss and awkwardly scratched his neck.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was my first kiss. My special moment down the drain because of some stupid, clumsy, ugly guy behind him. My first kiss, gone forever! 

I could feel my face flush, and Floppy Hat's face looked like a tomato. This had to happen now! Right when the awkwardness was about to dissapear, it returned! 

Honestly, my life is a living hell. 

This was the one time I really needed Donghyuk, and he blew it.

Or maybe I did.

 

 


Hey guys! So last night I posted this chapter (at like 1am 'cuz I couldn't sleep) and realized I didn't proof read it, so I just did it now.

I also forgot to give you the song of the week!

So here it is:

It's called 'The Stars.' I really like this song because one - BTS is bae, two - It's on their new japenese album (called 'Wake up') and lastly because the lyrics are so inspirational :D

Tell me your favourite part in the comment box below! Mine is 1:09 to 1:54. 

Thanks to all of those who subscribed through the week! I wanna give you guys a personal thank you message, but I always lose track of who subscribed that I haven't thanked yet lol.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :D

BYE!