12. Janitor's Closet

Potatoes

After all the practice at lunch, the day ended and we all walked to my - or our because of Donghyuk - house. It was really fun because instead of taking the bus, we walked.

"Oh my goodness, why do you guys walk so slow?" I say, almost a meter away from them. I was literally walking my slowest pace. Them? They were like snails.

"What do you mean? This is our normal pace." Hanbin replies back, making me face palm so hard that I could've pushed my brain out of my soul. "Then walk like you were to be chased by an angry dog!"

"Why would I walk from that?" Bobby asks. His stupidity makes me cry. "Then run."

"Why not pet the dog? All it wants is love!" Donghyuk says, probably trying to annoy me. 

"Because the dog wants to eat you Donghyuk."

"But why? We all know it'd eat you instead. Look at me, I'm skin and bones. You? Let's just say... Circle."

They all laugh, and what do I do? I laugh with them. I curse my inability to not laugh when others do. It's just to hard no to.

We reach our house and the boys - except Donghyuk - hide behind the wall. I call Soohyun with my cell phone.

Ring ring ring

"Hello?"

"Hi! Soohyun, can you open the door for me? I forgot my keys." This wasn't partially a lie because I actually left them on the kitchen table.

"Sure, hold up." 

She hangs up the phone and opens the door. She smiles and looks pretty happy for a single lady on her birthday and Valentine's Day.

"Why so happy?" I ask.

"I'm expecting my present."

"What makes you think we have your present?" Donghyuk asks for me. I wasn't the best at lying to Soohyun. I always tend to give up in the end.

"Because you guys are home late."

"How do you know I wasn't waiting for Donghyuk?" Yes, the principle postponed the elections to March. Our school is so unpredictable.

"Fine, you guys win. Come inside, it's not the warmest today."

"Wait. We actually did get you something." 

Bobby had his tux and bow on and his hair was all fixed, even though I told him that Soohyun likes messy hair. This boy was so stubborn at times.

Donghyuk replaces his spot with Bobby and I hold his shoulders, pushing him closer to Soohyun. "Happy Birthday!" We all say.

"Y-you actually got me a b-boy?" 

"Well, not exactly. It's more like we got you a... date." Emphasizing 'date' since Bobby had no interest of dating a twenty five year old lady who has a fear of her boss stalking her.

"I don't even care. As long as I see a boy who's not Donghyuk."

"Hey!" Donghyuk yells. "For your information, I will probably the best boy you'll have!" Oh silly.

"Whatever. And why don't you invite the rest of your friends inside."

We all enter my house, taking off our shoes and jackets. I offer them a snack and change out of my uniform. 

I was wearing light washed blue jeans, ripped at one knee, a white v-neck and tied my hair into a messy bun. My socks were just a plain black pair with nothing special to it. 

I enter the room where they all are and they look at me. I tilt my head to the side and the quickly turn back to their doings in sync. Are they weird or what?

Okay, now I know what you readers are saying. "OMG, they liked what they see!" or "Gurl, they think you look like a FIIINNEEAPPLEEE~!" But honestly thinking, I wouldn't think of that about myself.

I'm not that girl who fishes for comments or has a low self esteem, but I'm just not that nice looking. Sure some days I look nice, I admit it, but today I didn't really put effort into what I'm wearing and how.

So no, they did not look at me like that, and you cannot convince me to change my answer.


After talking and waiting, Soohyun came out with a cute black mini dress with a flowing bottom. The skirt was black, but the top was white. She ballet flats and tights underneath due to the cold.

She left with Bobby, but little did she know that we were gonna chaperone. Five minutes before they reach the diner where their date is located, we entered the restaurant and hid in the kitchen. (And yes, the diner helped us with this.)

We were a lot, so it was kinda hard to see if she was there or not. There we too many heads to see, but in the distance I could see her car at the turn. I quickly come up with a plan.

"Okay, so everyone listen because we literally have like two minutes."

They all turn and circle around me. They literally look like little puppies Now Saerin, let's not get distracted.

"This is the plan. Jinhwan and I will hide in the janitors closet since it has a peep hole, and it's near their table. Donghyuk and Yunhyeong will stay here to see what's happening. Lastly Hanbin and Junhoe will stay in the boys bathroom to checkup on the date with Bobby every time he has to do his business and give him corrections that Jinhwan will text you. Do you guys understand?"

They all nod and we quickly run to our spots.

When Jinhwan and I go inside the closest, it's a little small so my head is almost against his chest - but praise the Lord for necks and shoulders. I puy my head between that space, so I was comfortable.

Jinhwan checks the peep hole and sees them sitting at the table in front of the janitors closest. 

"How are they doing so far?" He puts his ear against the door. "Uhm.. Soohyun is either saying she wants a salad with chicken or Great Britan." I give him a look. 

"But it's more likely to be chicken." I chuckle lightly, and continue trying to hear their conversation. 

It mostly revolves around her favourite food and music, but mostly food. I guess they have something in common.

"Oh! And samgyupsal! That's my favourite!"

"Oh really? I like hanwoo. It's just so soft and moist."

I've never seen my sister eat Korean beef. She's probably been eating it without me if she loves it this much. I am very hurt.

"How dare she!" I whisper to Jinhwan.

"What?"

"She's been eating hanwoo without me for my whole life."

He laughs and continues to eavesdrop. 

Jinhwan then texts Hanbin. 

"What are you telling him?"

"To tell Bobby to stop talking about food."

"Why? They have something in common."

"I know, but I'm starting to get hungry."

After about five minutes they stop talking. I check the peep hole to see them eating in silence. Typical.

Our necks get tired so we stop leaning against the door and have our own conversation. But the whole time I look at the floor or avoid touching his nose with mine. Way to make my neck hurt more.

"Hey, maybe we can eat together afterwards, cause I'm starving." Jinhwan says.

"That's a great idea. We can eat the meat that apparently Bobby and Soohyun eat behind our backs."

"Actually during summer we can head down to Jeju to see my mom. She owns a samgyapsul restaurant there."

"That'd be cool. Are you serious?"

"Yeah, since I'm staying with my dad right now he's gonna allow me to go back home during the summer. And I want you and the rest of the guys to come."

I lift my head up in pure joy. "Really?" Our faces were so close; our noses were on the verge of touching. 

"Y-yeah..." He looks at me in the eye. He slowly starts leaning in.

Our lips touch and I'm currently in shock. This can't be happening right now.

I did not expect my first kiss to be on the bus, but now my second one is in a janitors closet? What's next? Hanbin's secret hideout? [A/N: I think you speak too soon Saerin... o.0]

His lips are soft and tender though. It's not like the one with Floppy Hat. My first kiss was more like smashed and... Rushed. But this kiss was slow and sweet. It's almost impossible not to kiss back.

The temptation takes over me and I do it. I kiss back. I can't believe myself. What am I doing?! Saerin stop!!

But my body keeps going. We get closer; his arms around my waist, and mine around his shoulders despite the small space. I pull away and we quickly and awkwardly put our arms back beside our own bodies.

"Uh... Let's just keep that to ourselves..." He says awkwardly. "Yeah.."

We then continue back to eavesdropping to Soohyun and Bobby, leaving me dumbfounded. 

WHAT DID I JUST DO?!


Holy , what did I just write?!

I did not expect to write this scene in this chapter. I was saving it for future ones ;A; Darn it. 

Screw myself XD

So, how was the Jinrin moment? C'mon, tell me?

TELL MAMA~

Did you cringe or cry? HAHA

I enjoyed writing and torturing you guys [insert evil face here]

I swear, computers need emojis. I don't even have an iPhone, but like seriously. Give me apple emojis please.

Chrome, make it possible, AFF make it possible, Windows make it possible. Please.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Please subscribe, upvote, and add me as a friend because why not?

Bye lovlies :)

Ps. I FINALLY HAVE MOTIVATION!!!

Song of the week:

BAEBAE by BigBang.

I was gonna pick loser [Because it relates to my life], but I liked this song more :)