Happy Birthday

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

Finally came the favourite month of the year – December. The boys have already signed their official contract with WM Entertainment. They were practicing hard, having training for almost everything. We hardly get to see them in school and that now they live in their dorm other than individual homes didn’t make things any better.

“Sigh, I miss Deullie.”

Most of the time Jin Ah and I would sigh into our food in the cafeteria. Fangirls will come to us from time to time asking for signatures. But there was nothing we could do, we don’t even get to see them often ourselves.

Without Jinyoung, my life has become rather mundane again. Waking up early in the morning to the screams of my stepmom and having my stepsisters laughing at me about Jinyoung abandoning me. Or going to school sitting on with Jin Ah at our table.

"Sorry ah Hye-ie we need to practice harder now that we’re debuting soon."

He would reply my text only in the night when I’ve probably sent him a text in the morning. Then before I could even reply him, he would reply me with.

"Sorry Hye-ie practice’s starting again. Gotta go. Love you."

Rather than feeling abandoned, I was more worried of their health. Their dorm rules are strict even though there was the holy additional term in their contract. The last time I tried to bring them some food, the security almost threw me out as some crazy fangirl.

 

It was the week of my birthday. Thinking that my birthday falls on Christmas made me even more depressed. No Christmas Eve with Jinyoung. No Christmas with that glorious human. Then I’ll probably have to stay home and clean up the house.

Sighing again, I buried my head into my pillows dreading the morning.

 

Streets were decorated with beautiful dazzling Christmas lights. There was even a humongous Christmas tree in front of the mall we always went. Walking the streets with Jin Ah wasn’t any help in raising my already dampened mood. She was practically bawling at the fact that Sandeul couldn’t come. They have dance practice late into the night. We almost sneered at those lovey dovey couples on the streets sharing scarves or ice cream. Who eat ice cream in such a weather. URGH.

Taking out my phone I stared sadly at the screen. No new messages. How many times have I checked the phone? I should stop already he is busy I shouldn’t complain. 11:30PM. Sigh. The counting down to Christmas or – my birthday wasn’t delightful. But Jin Ah dragged me to the open field behind the mall and lit up a few fire sticks and twirled them around like a kid. Well I could have some fun myself then! I got up and lit up a few for myself and traced random circles or shapes in the air.

Suddenly the phone rang. In fact it was Jin Ah’s phone that rang. She picked it up in such a hurry that she almost tried to kill me with the sticks she was holding in one hand.

“Hello?”

Then I saw her face lit with joy as she screamed his name with so much affection.

“DEULLIE OPPA OMG!”

My shoulders dropped and I sat down on the grass staring at the almost ending little sparks of fire. Then my heart skipped a little disappointing beat as it stopped.

“OKAY I’LL BE THERE OKAY WAIT FOR ME!!”

Then she hung up and grabbed my hands. There were tears at the brim of her eyes.

“Deullie called me. I’m meeting him now.. you… will you be okay? I’m sorry.” Her face was full of guilt though she was looking at me with pleading eyes.

“I will be okay silly! Now go! Run to your prince! Don’t worry about me. Go go go!” I pushed her arms lightly urging her to go. I smiled, though I was sure myself that it wasn’t all that genuine a smile. But I’m glad she didn’t found out and ran off after giving me a quick hug.

I lay down on the grass staring at the sky. One, two, three, four… I took out my phone once again – 11:55PM. Almost time huh. Slowly I squeezed my eyes shut.

I might have fallen asleep for awhile because my eyes opened lazily after hearing some kids shouting in the background. I took out my phone again – 11:59PM. So I slept for like four minutes, sighing I closed my eyes again. Jinyoung where are you? Then I heard people shouting in the background, I supposed the countdown has started. 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! MEERRRYYY CHRISTMASSS! I heard a lot of voices shouting Christmas greetings or maybe some I LOVE YOUs and another familiar voice. It sounded so near like it was whispering beside my ears. My eyes flew open.

He was looking down at me, his face directly above mine. He was smiling. His fringe fell perfectly in front of his forehead. His eyebrows still thick. His lips curled into a perfect semi circle showing his straight perfect teeth. His hair was a shade of dark blonde now under the bright Christmas lights. So he dyed his hair huh.

I gasped inhaling deeply - Lavender as always. I didn’t even realised that I was crying until he leaned forward and lightly pecked the corners of my eyes.

“Sweet.” He smiled again. “Not getting up to hug me?” His voice was musical like a sweet black keys of the piano.

He pulled me up to a sitting position while he squatted in front of me, his arms crossed above his knees. Immediately I flung myself towards him knocking him over, wrapping my arms around his bare neck and buried my head into his collarbone.

“YAH.. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I’VE MISS YOU STUPID JINYOUNG.” I mumbled into his neck but he heard them perfectly.

my hair tenderly and slowly, I felt his chest rose as he took a deep breath.

“I miss you too. You have no idea how much trouble I’m having sleeping. I miss you so much and I begged our manager to let me out tonight.”

His voice was soft and kind, like a father talking to his own child, but I’ve always like it when he talks to me like that. Like I was the only person in the world he ever cherished.

“Can you stay longer today?” Lifting my head up to face him, I asked. But the back of my mind told me he wouldn’t be.

“Yes. Whole night.” He chuckled and I thought I forgot how to breathe. Lifting me up to my feet, he combed his fingers through my hair and grinned.

Then one hand holding my left hand, he took out something from his front pocket with the other.

"Happy Birthday Ji Hye." He smiled handing me the white rectangular envelope.

There was the words ‘To: My Ji Hye’ on the front of the envelope. Then at the bottom right corner there were words written in small but still legible handwriting – ‘Don’t open of give it to Ji Hye until her birthday.’

Dad.

Jinyoung was leaning forward looking at the white envelope while I opened it and took out a letter written in black ink. Then we both stared at each other without words. I almost jumped with joy, but Jinyoung was grinning even more now while he took out something from his pocket.

His face was suddenly serious like he was planning a major world changing plan. The look of a determined young man. I stared at him frowning.

“W..”

“Ji Hye.” His voice was firm and I thought I heard a slight shaking in it. He must be cold.

“Ji Hye, I love you. After all that has happened. I’m so happy that we’ve met, fought but fell in love.” He was looking at me and his cheeks slightly blushed. He looked away for a short second before looking back at me. I could see that he was holding his breath.

“I love you too Jinyoung.” His cheeks felt warm where my palm touched.

Then he opened his fist. It was a pretty silver thing, with a little small diamond in the middle. There were words carved on the inside – I love you forever.

“Will you marry me?” his voice trembled ever so slightly while he waited, his hand holding the ring was trembling too.

“But…debut..” I was staring at the ring refusing to look up at him, because my cheeks were damped with my tears already.

“It’s okay. Debut or whatever. The ceremony or whatever it doesn’t matter. You matters. If you can wait..”

“Of course I will.”

Then he didn’t reply. But slowly he slid the ring into my finger. I gasped at how beautiful it was dazzling. The same dazzle Jinyoung had - Perfection has a name.

Then he lifted my chin with his fingers ever so gently and crushed his lips passionately into mine under the dazzling night sky. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

WELL THERE PEEEEPO I HATE TO SAY IT... BUT... B(.... IT HAS ENDED. B( OKAY NOU NOT YET HAHAHAHAHA THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL CHAPTER FOR THE ENDING. SOMETHINGS NEED TO BE EXPLAINED. B) BUT WELL ISN'T IT NAISEU? DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE JUST YET OKAY. B| 

WAIT FOR THE SPECIAL CHAPTER COMING UP NEXT!

@foreverlovekpop: OHOHOHOHO NO MORE BABEH NO MORE YOU SHOULDN'T EAT TOO MUCH. /SHAKES HEAD/
@NyanKat: OH LAWD YOUR COMMENT I CANNOT UNSEE. ARE YOU THREATENING ME?! B( BUT YOU ARE LUCKY BECAUSE I THOUGHT ABOUT THE SAME THING. B)