mommy

Oneshot/Drabble collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica, a single mom with two young daughters, Soojung 7 and you 3. Her wife died giving birth to you and Jessica blamed you for it. Since the day you were born, Jessica never give you love or affection that every baby needed, she fed you and bath you and that was it. Never once did she hugged you or kiss you or comforted you when you cried. She gave all her attention to Soojung, your older sister but since you didn’t know anything, you did every cute little things to get her attention.

You woke up and went out of your room, to find Jessica giving Soojung a morning kiss on her cheek. You went near them and hug Jessica’s leg and rubbed your face on her leg.

“Mommy~” Other people would have thought it was cute but Jessica thought it was annoying and took you off her leg.

“Soojungie, what would you like for breakfast?” Jessica asked ignoring you.

“Pancakes!” you said excitedly.

Soojung smiled at you and pinched your cheeks. She knew about her mom’s feeling toward you and felt bad for you since it wasn’t your fault that her mom died.

“Pancakes it is then you little monkey” Soojung ruffled your hair and you giggled.

Jessica rolled her eyes at you but went to the kitchen and made pancakes. She wanted to hate you but she couldn’t, how could she, when every little things you did was cute in her eyes but she was in denial and refused to acknowledge you.

You followed Jessica to the kitchen and attached yourself to her leg again.

Jessica looked down to find you hugging her leg like a baby koala.

You looked up at her with your innocent eyes and smiled at her.

Jessica sighed, she wanted to get mad at you but those innocent eyes were killing her as guilt started to kick in.

“Go play with you unnie” Jessica said.

“But me want to pway wif mommy” you said.

“I’m busy”

You pouted and played with your shirt.

“Soojung, come get your sister” Jessica called for her other daughter before turning around to cook breakfast but your next word caught her off guard.

“Does mommy hate me?” you asked innocently, you might be young but you noticed how you were always treated differently from your sister.

“_______-ah come, mommy is making you pancakes, let’s wait in the living room” Soojung held out her hands for you.

“I’m sowee mommy” you mumbled to Jessica, thinking that you did something wrong that’s why your mom is treating you this way. You took your sister hand and went to play in the living room.

Jessica’s heart broke when she heard you said sorry, thinking back since the day you were born, not once did you do something wrong but it was all her, it was because she couldn’t handle her wife’s death and put the blame on you. If anyone was to say sorry, it would be her, not you. Thinking about it gives her a heartache, she hurriedly finished making breakfast and set the table.

“Breakfast is ready” Jessica called out.

Soojung and you walked to the kitchen table. Soojung sat down while you went to your high chair.

“I’ll go wash up and drive you to school” Jessica said to Soojung and went to her room

You noticed your mom walking away and followed her, you tugged on her pants.

“Is mommy not having pancakes with us?” you asked.

Jessica couldn’t believe her ears, wondering how you could still care for her when all she did was ignored you, she felt a pang guilt shot through her hearts as her eyes became teary.

“I’m not hungry” Jessica’s voice soften compared to the usual tone she used with you.

“But Soojung unnie said beakfast is the most importunt meal of the day” you recited what Soojung had told you in the past.

“It’s ‘important’” a smile crept up to Jessica’s face without knowing.

“Important” you repeated.

“Good girl” Jessica patted your head.

You smiled happily since it was the first praise you’ve ever heard from Jessica.

“Come mommy, let’s eat pancakes” you held Jessica’s hand and d

Please log in to read the full chapter