Chapter Eight

When Love Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone, I'm updating the story today =) 

I was so surprised that there's a sudden surge of comments when I updated the last chapter. Thank you so much for the comments. I'm glad that you guys found the story interesting. The comments are so encouraging, pushing me to write better story to you guys. XD 

So in this chapter, I'm giving you a surprise =) Hope you'll enjoy that =) 

 

The week after the exam was boring to Woohyun. Students now were waiting for the result to be announced in a relaxing mood, when the teachers were still working to correct the exam papers. Without school, Woohyun was stuck at home with nothing to do. Hoya was going to the dance classes, with his dear Dongwoo, so he didn’t meet Woohyun much for fun. Only Myungsoo came for some time to play video games with him. But still Woohyun was bored. After all, it was boring to play video games every day, especially with Myungsoo, who was not much fun compared to Hoya.

“Sunggyu-ah. I’m bored!” Woohyun whined when he called Sunggyu. They had been talking on the phone every night, talking about anything, mostly not meaningful stuffs anyway. Woohyun felt that his relationship with Sunggyu has been improving.

“I have nothing to do at home. I’m really really really bored.” Woohyun continued to whine on the phone. “So what are you doing now?”

“Doing maths.” Sunggyu replied plainly, while reading on the mathematic formulae on the book, and listening to Woohyun’s whine simultaneously.

“You’re boring.” Woohyun pouted. “What are you still studying after the exam? Shouldn’t you relax and rest until the holiday ends?”

“I need to prepare for a maths competition. I thought you heard that before. Of course I need to work hard for the competition.”

“So…what about taking a day rest and going out with me – oh I mean us?” Woohyun suddenly mentioned. He was hoping to get out for some fun, instead of staying indoor every day. On the other hand, somehow he wanted to go out with Sunggyu.

“Um…I guess I can take a day off for you guys. Sungyeol has been about me not going out with him every day as well. Perhaps we can go with him too. I’m not sure about Dongwoo. He is dancing every day with Hoya.”

“Great. Let’s go out tomorrow then.” Woohyun was so happy to hear Sunggyu’s reply that he was jumping up and down excitedly. “Where do you want to go?”

“Don’t know. You decide the activity and I’ll go.”

“Maybe ball games? Oh what about basketball? There’s a basketball court at Myungsoo’s house. After that we can have barbeque at his house as well.”

“Um…basketball. I’m not good at sports actually. Anyway, I can try to touch the ball.” Sunggyu admitted. He was never good at sports of any kind, as his coordination was terrible, so he was always teased by Dongwoo and Sungyeol as ‘grandpa Gyu’. 

“That’s okay. I can teach you to play basketball. Just come and play.” Woohyun responded. “So tomorrow afternoon, is that okay? I guess you’re not waking up early in the morning during this holiday right? Oh you don’t know where Myungsoo’s house is, right? I can go with you. Maybe I’ll come to get you tomorrow. Send me your address.”

“Um..okay. I’ll send it to you later.” Sunggyu agreed with Woohyun’s plan, though he would wake up early the next morning unlike what Woohyun guessed. He always woke up early, even though it’s holiday. “Oh perhaps I should ask Sungyeol and Dongwoo about tomorrow now. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow. I probably need to ask Myungsoo and Hoya too.” Woohyun was so happy about tomorrow. Finally he didn’t have to stay indoor for the whole day. Also, it has been a long time since he last saw Sunggyu in person, well nearly a week.

 

---

 

The next morning, Sunggyu woke early at eight o’clock as usual. He was not used to wake up late. He thought it was a waste of precious day time. After washing himself, he went down to the kitchen and made himself a simple sandwich. He knew that his sister Hyemi, unlike himself, would not wake up until noon, so he didn’t make breakfast for her. After the brief breakfast, he went back to his room, and continued his study on mathematics.

“Hey Sunggyu. Sorry I can’t go today. There’s a dance show today I really want to watch. I forgot about that yesterday. Sorry about notifying this late. Have fun today.” Sunggyu received Dongwoo’s phone call some time near noon.

“Okay. Have fun for the dance show.” Must be watching it with Hoya. Sunggyu thought after cutting the line. Dongwoo and Hoya were getting closer because of dancing. They were always having dance classes together, practicing dancing together, and watching dance shows together.

Okay. So this leaves Sungyeol and I with Woohyun and Myungsoo today. Sunggyu shrugged and continued his study. He wanted to finish this topic before going out to have fun.

 

---

 

Sunggyu was struggling on a maths question that he thought for a long time when he heard the doorbell rang. Who is that? Sunggyu wondered when he was walking out his room towards the door. When he was about to get to the door knob to see who that was, he heard a familiar voice.

“Hey open up the door. I’m here to fetch you.” Sunggyu shuddered when he heard the voice. Woohyun? What is he doing here? It’s barely noon now. I thought we are going out in the afternoon. Sunggyu doubted if he remembered the wrong time. Then he suddenly stopped his action of opening the door when he saw the status he was in. He was still wearing his pyjamas, with his hair still shabby. No, I’m not going to meet Woohyun like this, definitely. Sunggyu was immediately in panic and he ran back to his room.

Sunggyu quickly opened his wardrobe to see what clothes he had. All were more or less the same. He wondered why he didn’t buy other kinds of clothes. The clothes he had now were really boring. He was frustrated to choose a set of decent clothes for meeting Woohyun. He wanted to give a better impression in front of Woohyun. Eventually he chose a blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He thought these clothes were the most non-nerdy clothes he had, though of course those clothes were nothing compared to Woohyun’s. The more he hanged out with Woohyun in school, the more he was envious of Woohyun’s fashionable sense.

When Sunggyu was trying to tidy his hair in the bathroom, his sister Hyemi came in suddenly.

“Oppa, there’s someone pressing the doorbell for a long time. He has been calling your name. Who is that?” Hyemi asked with a pair of sleepy eyes. The doorbells must be waking Hyemi up. Sunggyu lightly hit his forehead. He should have called Woohyun to wait for some time.

“But the doorbell is not ringing now. Did he leave already?” Sunggyu was curious that the doorbell stopped ringing. He felt a bit guilty to make Woohyun wait for that long time. He thought Woohyun might be angry to have waited for such a long time and leave.

“No. I invited him in. He said it was too cold out there. What a strange person.” Hyemi replied plainly.

“What?! You invited him in? I haven’t tidied up the living room yet.” Sunggyu was in a panic again. He wasn’t expecting anyone to come to his house today, so he didn’t tidy up the living room last night. He didn’t even clean the plates this morning. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter