Chapter Twelve

When Love Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone, I know I've been updating the story quite slowly, cuz recently there're loads of homework for me (sad~). I kind of nearly finished this chapter few days ago, but I ended up really finishing it today. Hopefully, u guys are patient enough to wait for me =). 

So not until just now, I realized that there's something called 'upvote', and surprisingly there're 3. So I should be happy about this cuz I never thought my story can captivate u guys' hearts XD. But anyway, I would be happy enough to know that u guys enjoy the story, as some of u guys left your precious comments XD.

So yeah, enjoy the chapter =)

 

Sunggyu sighed when he was glancing at the screen of his computer, while his hand had been holding his phone since the morning. He had no idea why it was so difficult to find a part-time summer job. He surely would have a great CV with his prominent school results. But it seemed like the employers had no interest in how well he did in his school exams. During the whole morning, he had been asked for trillion times about whether he had job experience before. When he honestly answered them that he didn’t, most of the employers just turned down him immediately.

How would someone get their first job experience if there’s no one who would hire someone without experience? That’s so illogical. Sunggyu groaned when he was turned down for god-who-knows-how-many times. He was relieved that some employers did let him continue to persuade them to hire him, but Sunggyu kind of failed to do so, mainly because of his whispering voice and lack of confidence to talk towards strangers, even at the phone. Well, it’s his nature to be shy in front of strangers. Sunggyu knew he needed to change that, but without his friends being with him his mind was kind of blank when he’s facing strangers.

Sunggyu sighed again when he phoned an employer and got turned down again. Another employer who demands job experience. Sunggyu ruffled his hair, which was already messy because he didn’t plan to go out today. Perhaps he needed to rest for a while and prepared lunch for her sister, who should be finally waking up now. It was the first day of summer holiday after all.

Sunggyu threw his phone on his bed, and walked out of his room to the kitchen. He didn’t notice that his phone was ringing on the bed, when he was wondering what he was going to cook for his sister in the kitchen.

 

---

 

Sunggyu was staring at the content in the fridge. His face held a troubled expression when he saw there were only a few carrots and a can of kimchi. I really need to get out to buy some food today. Sunggyu wondered why the food was gone that fast before he realized that he hadn’t gone to the supermarket for a week. Sunggyu groaned and hit his head lightly. He took the carrots out and washed them in the sink. He didn’t have time to get to the supermarket now because he thought his sister would be hungry when she woke up. Perhaps he would make a simple lunch toady. He couldn’t help but feel guilty because of that. It was him who always nagged his sister about eating healthy.

Sunggyu was cutting the carrots into pieces when he heard the doorbell. He wondered who was visiting the family today. Dongwoo? Sungyeol? Perhaps I need to make one more serve of lunch today. Sunggyu was thinking about it when he lifted his foot to get the door. He stopped when he saw his sister already walking to the door.

“Oppa, I’ll get the door.” Hyemi was just awake now, and she was walking towards the door with her sleepy eyes.

Okay. Sunggyu shrugged and got back to the kitchen. He continued to chop more carrots because he would need more if either Dongwoo or Sungyeol or even both are here for lunch. He shuddered when he heard a familiar voice.

“Hi little girl. You’re Sunggyu’s little sister. How cute you are.”

No sooner Sunggyu heard the voice, he found his sister running towards him, pouting angrily.

“Oppa. That strange man comes here again. Is he your friend? Do you know he pinched my face? What a ert.” Hyemi was pointing at her cheek, obviously annoyed. Sunggyu was wondering who that man was when he saw a familiar figure coming into the kitchen.

“Sunggyu. I’m here!” Woohyun came in with a few bags in his hand. Sunggyu stopped his chopping movement for a while and stared at Woohyun, before he suddenly realized why Woohyun was here.

Of course. Sunggyu totally forgot that Woohyun was going to cook him lunches and dinners for a month. But how did he know where I need? Sunggyu thought for a while. Of course, I gave him last time when he picked up for barbeque.

Sunggyu was still thinking when Woohyun got the knife from his hand.

“Why are you cooking now? I thought I was going to do all the cooking. You could just sit back in the living room and wait for feast.” Woohyun grinned and shooed Sunggyu out of the kitchen, imagining that he was the cook here.

Hyemi stared at Woohyun and pulled Sunggyu’s shirt. “Let’s get out then. He said he’s going to cook. We could watch TV then.”

Sunggyu followed her sister to the living room, but he didn’t have a good feeling about Woohyun cooking alone in the kitchen. He constantly stared towards the kitchen, wondering how Woohyun was doing. He was slightly relieved that Woohyun took bags of ingredients to cook, as there’s not much food here in the fridge, but he worried a bit if the bags of food would cause Woohyun too much money. He just needed to cook for him. Sunggyu didn’t expect him to provide the ingredients as well.

Wait a second. Sunggyu glanced up and down at his clothing. Oh . I’m wearing pyjamas now. So Woohyun saw this?! Sunggyu quickly rushed back to his room for a change, cursing again when he saw in the mirror how messy his hair was. He only came out when he changed into something more decent-looking, and tidied up his hair.

“Oppa, why is your strange friend coming here to cook?” Hyemi asked out of curiosity, after Sunggyu got out form his room.

“Um…he kind of lost a bet to me, so he promised to cook my meals for a month.”

“What? A month? I have to face this strange man for a month.” Hyemi was shocked. Her impression o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter