Chapter Twenty Five

When Love Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s your preparation?” Dongwoo asked while grabbing a piece of carrot that Sunggyu just cut out secretly.

“What preparation? Oh the Maths competition tomorrow?” Sunggyu replied nonchalantly. “I think it should be okay? Hopefully I could get a gold award tomorrow.”

“Don’t worry. You’ll get this. Definitely!” Dongwoo tried to cheer Sunggyu up, while snatching another piece of carrot and quickly put it into his mouth. “Hey, stop snatching them away or it won’t be enough for the curry I’m going to make.” Sunggyu discovered this time but all he could do was to warn him verbally, though not effective enough because Dongwoo would still continue stealing them one by one.

“Hmm…by the way…” Dongwoo swallowed the carrot before continue with the words. “Why are you getting a bit distant with Woohyun? Or is it just my illusion?”

“N-no…that’s your illusion.” Sunggyu stuttered a bit and stopped his work for a second before resuming when he heard Dongwoo’s question.

“Hey, you can never tell lies cuz I see through your face.” Dongwoo grinned when he saw Sunggyu struggling with his obvious lie. “Let me guess, you don’t like seeing Woohyun and Sojin together, right? Oh my god, I get something now. You’re JEALOUS of them!” Dongwoo got excited with how he just came up with the thought. Suddenly hearing the word ‘Jealous’, Sunggyu accidentally cracked the egg with eggshell falling together into the bowl, spending him extra time to get rid of the mistakenly mixed eggshells, while in the meantime his brain was processing on how he would reply to Dongwoo’s accusation upon Dongwoo’s continous pressing onto the issue.

“N-n-no. It’s just…um…” Sunggyu picked up a piece of eggshell by chopsticks then continued with his seemingly perfectly rephrased answer. “It was obvious, as you might have seen, that the two people you mentioned, and particularly Sojin-ssi, though I’m not saying that Woohyun is not involved, okay so perhaps I should say both Woohyun and Sojin-ssi, are doing something too...um…inappropriate in the solemn environment of the school. Particularly, with Sojin-ssi constantly touching Woohyun improperly with her hands, Woohyun just did nothing to defend for himself, instead he just allowed these actions to happen. In addition, he…” Sunggyu kept babbling and babbling, not noticing how Dongwoo got bored and continued with filling his tummy with carrots.

“So you’re jealous?” Dongwoo interrupted Sunggyu when he sensed it’s about time to stop his nonsense speech. Sunggyu was stunned but he remained composed a few seconds later.

“Um…no? Didn’t you hear what I said? I said what they are doing is not…” Sunggyu continued to defend himself.

“So you’re jealous?” Dongwoo asked again indifferently.

“No, it’s just-“

“So you’re jealous?”

“FINE FINE FINE! I’m jealous okay.” Sunggyu gave up. He knew Dongwoo was right. He IS jealous. Though he didn’t want to admit this at all. “I’m jealous about this whole thing, how they get touchy after sitting together, and they’re laughing about, I guess, stupid jokes during lesson.” Sunggyu glared at the pork in front of him and minced it forcefully with a knife.

“Woah woah calm down. I’m not eating the carrots anymore.” Dongwoo saw how the pork became in just a blink of the eye. Sunggyu calmed down finally and grabbed the well prepared ingredients into the pot that already contained cooked curry. Then he turned to Dongwoo.

“So by the way, how’s it going between you and Hoya? It seems that you’re dating now.”

“D-dating? H-how did you know?” Dongwoo was surprised about how Sunggyu knew that.

“What? You’re really dating now? And you’re not telling me?” Sunggyu raised his eyebrow when he heard this because he was only guessing just now, trying to divert Dongwoo’s attention from the Woohyun stuff. “Okay now you’re going to tell me everything.”

“Um…well…” Dongwoo began to tell the story sheepishly, and the story happened just a few days ago at the dancing room.

 

“Five. Six. Seven. Eight. One and two.” The two people have been dancing non-stop for almost two hours. The dancing room was full of humid air and the smell of sweat evaporated from their body. Approaching the end of the music, Dongwoo dropped down to floor, wanting to get a rest after this lengthy practice, while Hoya was still struggling with some moves in the previus routine.

“Hey, Dongwoo-ah. What do you think about the position of the two arms for this step? I feel strange in either way I placed them and I can’t figure out a way that would look better. Do you think this one is more natural? Or this way?” Hoya asked Dongwoo, who was still lying on the floor to allow his muscles to relax after intensive activity. Dongwoo breathed out deeply once then arose from the floor and stood up to try to solve Hoya’s problem.

“Um…let me think. I think you should tilt your trunk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter