Chapter Twenty

When Love Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun and Sunggyu had been staying in the position for a while, with Sunggyu burying his face in Woohyun’s chest. There was silence as they didn’t speak at all, but both of them enjoyed it, feeling the heat and inhaling the scent from each other. Woohyun was still keeping his arms around Sunggyu. He liked the feeling of hugging Sunggyu, which was different when he was hugging Hoya or Myungsoo, though he seldom hugged them for that long. When he felt Sunggyu crying, he felt the urge to protect him,to comfort him. He was glad that Sunggyu calmed down when he heard Sunggyu’s breathing sound becoming steadier.

Suddenly, a phone rang, and both Woohyun and Sunggyu shuddered at the sudden ringtone. Woohyun looked up. It was not his phone. Before Woohyun realized, he felt Sunggyu struggling out of his hug and saw him get up to the table to get his phone. Sunggyu stared at his phone, and picked it up immediately. Woohyun wondered who was calling him, as he saw Sunggyu smiling when he looked at the phone.

“Oh hey, what’s up? You’re home now right?” Who’s that? Hyemi? Mrs. Kim? Dongwoo or Sungyeol? Woohyun wondered.

“Um…yeah...I’m…um…home too.” Huh? He’s not! Why is he lying?

“Nah…Thanks for the treat tonight. I really like eating it.” What is he saying? Who was he with just now? Woohyun scratched his head. He had no idea what Sunggyu was saying. It seemed that he wasn’t talking to Hyemi or Mrs. Kim or Dongwoo or Sungyeol, or even Hoya or Sungyeol. Did he have any other friends? Maybe relatives?

“Okay. See you tomorrow. Have a nice sleep.” Tomorrow? They’re meeting tomorrow too?

“Hahaha. Yeah, maybe I’d dream of you tonight too.” WHAT?! Woohyun suddenly felt jealous of the guy or girl Sunggyu was talking to on the phone. Why would Sunggyu dream of him, or her? Why not…um…me?

“Okay. Fine. Have a nice sleep tonight.” Sunggyu put down his phone. Woohyun pouted when he saw Sunggyu still keeping his smile on his face as he was looked at the phone.

“So…who’s that on the phone?” Woohyun couldn’t keep his curiosity and he decided to ask the caller’s identity.

Sunggyu blinked for a few times and shook his hand. “It’s just a friend. He’s a nice guy.”

A nice guy? Woohyun thought and he was to ask Sunggyu about how he would describe him. “So what about –“

“Woohyun-ah!” A female voice suddenly appeared, interrupting Woohyun’s question. Woohyun turned and saw Jiyeon at the door. He gritted his teeth.

“Noona…can you knock before coming in?” Woohyun tried to keep his breath as calm as possible, though he wanted to shout at Jiyeon as she ruined his opportunity to ask his question.

“Oh, you know I never knock.” Jiyeon replied playfully as she decided to brother a bit. “Did I just interrupt your lovey-dovey moments? I’m so sorry about that.”

“Noona!” Woohyun blushed when he heard his sister asking that. “We didn’t…” 

“Okay okay don’t deny. I know it’s embarrassing. After all, Sunggyu is a boy and you like him. But don’t worry, your noona isn’t that conservative. I have some friends in the States like you too. Should I introduce them to you for you to have some consultation?” Jiyeon patted Woohyun’s shoulder to show her exaggerated understanding. Woohyun annoyingly waved her hands away. He wanted to hide because he felt his face redder than a tomato.

“Noona!” Woohyun groaned to show his annoyance towards his sister. “We…um…” He shifted uncomfortably. He hesitated and muttered the words. “We are not a couple. We are just friends. Um… you know I like girls.” Woohyun managed to explain to his sister that they were just friends, but somehow he felt that his heart wanted to stop him from saying the words.

Friends. Sunggyu managed to hear what Woohyun said despite of the low voice. He felt his heart clenched a bit at Woohyun’s words.

“Really? Don’t lie. You can’t deceive your sister.” Jiyeon jokingly ruffled Woohyun’s hair.

“Yes. We are friends. Right, Sunggyu?” Woohyun turned to Sunggyu for help. He just wanted to end the annoyance from his sister. He didn’t want to be bothered by his sister, not when Sunggyu was here. He wanted to spend some time with Sunggyu alone.

Sunggyu blinked at Woohyun for a few times. His mind was blank at the moment. He hesitated but eventually nodded. “See noona, I told you. So just go out.” Woohyun quickly shoved Jiyeon out but Jiyeon resisted his push. Before Jiyeon was pushed out of the room by her stronger brother, Sunggyu went and get his bag.

“Um…Woohyun. Perhaps I should leave now. It’s a bit late now.” Sunggyu politely bowed a bit at Jiyeon and walked out of the room. He didn’t feel like staying with Woohyun now. His mind was messy now.

“That early…” Woohyun mumbled. “Be careful when you’re walking. We just encountered a robber. That means this district is not really safe. Call me when you get home, okay?” Woohyun started to nag at Sunggyu. He still wanted to talk with Sunggyu and to know more about Sunggyu. He felt that the moment he shared with Sunggyu just now was definitely not enough. Sunggyu listened to Woohyun, though his mind was processing the words slowly. He nodded as Woohyun was talking.

“Wow, you met a robber, where?” Jiyeon was curious about what Woohyun said just now. She reminded herself to ask about it later. “By the way, it’s so nice to meet you, Sunggyu. You should come here more often.”

Sunggyu bowed a bit at Jiyeon and then got out of the house. Woohyun watched him leaving. He didn’t feel good to see Sunggyu leaving. He felt that he wanted to spend more time with him. Perhaps I should go visit him tomorrow.

 

---

 

Sunggyu opened the door of his home. It was dark. Looks like Hyemi has already slept. Sunggyu lightly closed the door and tiptoeing to the kitchen for a glass of water, hoping that he wouldn’t wake Hyemi up. When he was siping water from the glass, he opened the door of the fridge to take a look inside. He smiled satisfa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter