The bet

The Moment I Knew

If you could hear Kyungsoo's heart right now as he enters the building it's too fast that he feels like his heart could jump out of him anytime soon. He haven't heard or seen Jongin since his outburst last Saturday and he blames Baekhyun. This is all Baekhyun's fault. Oh he's gonna kill Byun Baekhyun. But he feels like he's gonna die first of a heart attack. As the floor numbers dings in the elevator, he keeps waiting and waiting until the practice rooms' floor. He steps out. Dun dun dun dun dun. His phone rang and he jumped up of surprise.

'Hello?' He said through the phone.

'Kyungsoo, go to practice room A. Jongin called in sick this morning so Sehun will teach you for now.' Jongdae said on the other line.

'Oh. Okay. Thanks.' The call ended. He sighed with relief. He feels like he could normally breathe. 

'What are you sighing about?' Kyungsoo jumped up again with surprise.

'Jeez Kyungsoo hyung. Did you have too much coffee? Why are you so jumpy?' Sehun asked.

'I,uh, just watched a horror film last night so I'm like this. Hehe.' 

'Oh. I thought you hated horror movies?'

'I had nothing to watch. So I heard you're gonna be my teacher today?'

'OH. So that's why you were sighing? You want Jongin to teach you don't you? I completely understand. I would gladly skip our lessons today so you could go to Jongin but unfortunately we can't slack off because you REALLY NEED to practice.' 

'That's not why I'm sighing! And it's fine that you're my teacher. Actually, it's great.' 

'Uhuh. Yeah right.' 

Sehun and Kyungsoo started practicing. Kyungsoo have of course improved but still needs more practice. They danced and danced until lunch break and they were both exhausted that they both collapsed after practicing. There was a moment of silence then Sehun spoke.

'What happened between you and Jongin last Saturday?'

'Nothing.'

'He never calls in sick. But if he is sick he still goes to work. Jongin loves his work so much. So I know that something happened between you two.' 

'Maybe he really got super sick. Why are you blaming me?'

'I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying that something happened and I'm asking what it was.' 

They did not speak for a few minutes then Kyungsoo explained 'He asked me why I did not contact him for the last 7 years because I mentioned that I've been in touch with Joonmyeon. I said it was complicated. He said to un-complicate it. He keeps nagging and nagging and I just bursted and told him that maybe if I contacted him I might drop everything there and come back here just to see him. He was important to me. I mean, I had feelings for him so it was hard to say goodbye to him and lie to everyone.' Kyungsoo said the last part softly but Sehun heard it

'Lie? Why?'

'Oh it's nothing.' 

'Okay. If you say so. I won't nag you. Do you still like Jongin?'

'I don't know.'

'I think you know. Kyungsoo, you can't keep lying to yourself. Both of you will just end up getting hurt. You two never had closure. Whether you both liked each other or not you need to have that. You were friends. You two were closer than me, Luhan and Lay ever were with you.'

-

'You are a bad bad person.' Jongdae said 

'Why? I just helped out two of our friends.' Baekhyun said.

'Did you? Did you really? You might've made it worse.'

'No I didn't. They are just in the denial stage. Just wait.' 

'Denial stage my . If Jongin doesn't go back to work because of this..I'm telling Siwon.'

'Oh boohoo. Go tell on me. Real mature Jongdae. Just wait. Seriously. By the end of the week they'll be kissing and making-up.'

'And if no,t you're gonna audition to be a trainee.'

'Okay. I didn't know we were betting on my future here.' 

'You started it. When you meddled with their relationship.' 

'Whatever. Don't you have anything other than that to bet on?'

'Hmm.' Jongdae said while his chin. 'I want you to perform on stage during the artists' concert next month.'

'You just made it worse.'

'Well it's what I want. Aren't you confident that they'll kiss and make up by the end of this week?'

'I am and you're on! If I win.. you will be the one to perform.'

'Ya! I don't sing.'

'Oh well too bad. You're gonna sing!'

'You're going down.' Then they shook on it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Thanks for reading! :) 

VOTE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE :)

Have a nice day! :)