Home alone

The Moment I Knew

It was the holidays and Baekhyun was left alone in this cold winter day. It was Christmas eve and he's all alone. Sehun went abroad to where his parents were because they miss him and they wanted to spend Christmas with him. He invited him to go but Sehun's parents are still not that open to the fact that their son is gay and they haven't really accepted him. Jongdae anf Minseok went on a romantic ski trip. Tao and Yifan have some gig in Paris, so of course Joonmyeon is with them. Jongin is spending Christmas with his sisters. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo? He doesn't really know. Baekhyun didn't wanna go to his father's house because he's avoiding him. They have talked already and made up but he just wasn't feeling spending Christmas with him. So here he was having a movie marathon while eating popcorn when somebody rang the doorbell. He groaned because it was getting to the good part but stood up anyway and went to answer the door.

'Chanyeol? What are you doing here?' Baekhyun asked in a surprised tone. 

'Kyungsoo mentioned that you're alone this Christmas eve because everyone went away so here I am spending my Christmas eve with you and I brought food.' Showing Baekhyun the food that he bought. Baekhyun was shocked because he thought he was gonna be alone but he's happy that someone's here.

'Ugh. Finally to spend Christmas with.' Chanyeol just chuckled. 

They ate the food that Chanyeol bought which was a lot while drinking beer. Then they watched movies still while drinking beer so they were kind of drunk. The movie that they are watching now is about the reunion of two people who were once in love. After the movie finished, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun 'Do you think that this kind of things really happen in real life?'

'What do you mean?'

'You know.. They were in love then the world came in between them then after so many years they meet again like destiny and even after all those years there's still that spark between then. Even after all those years, they still manage to find each other and love each other.'

'I don't know. I don't believe in destiny and stuff like that. But I think that if people are really meant to be together, they will always find their way back to each other even after a lot of years.'

'Says a guy who doesn't believe in destiny.' And Baekhyun just laughed.

'Why do you not believe in destiny?' The taller asked curiously 

'Because.. Destiny? That only happens in movies and books. Not in real life. I think things like that are impossible to happen.

'If you're not together with Sehun right now do you think we'll still have a chance?' Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun expectantly.

'I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Seven years is a long time Chanyeol. My feelings could have changed even if Sehun is not in my life right now ' Then there was silence. Chanyeol moved closer and closer until their lips met. Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol back and they kissed intensely. This went on for a few minutes..their hands were all over each other. Chanyeol's hands lingered on Baekhyun's zipper then something snapped inside of the shorter's head and he pushed Chanyeol away.

They both stood straight and there was awkwardness in the air.

' Baek. I don't know what got into me.' Chanyeol broke the silence

'Fck Yeol. Fck. Sehun can't know about this.' Baekhyun was pacing back and forth.

Chanyeol stopped him 'He's not gonna find out Baek. He's never gonna find out. This was a big mistake.'

'Clearly. Never tell anyone. And never speak about this again.'

Chanyeol didn't wanna leave and Baekhyun didn't know if he wanted Chanyeol to leave so nobody said anything and just continued watching movies. They both got drunk trying to drown their guilt 

-

It was Christmas day afternoon and the two are passed out on the couch after having a movie marathon and drinking beer. The doorbell rang but no one answered. It rang for the nth time and finally Baekhyun stood up and opened the door. 

'S-sehun?' Baekhyun asked sleepily and surprisingly

'Surprise! I wanted to be with you on Christmas day so I came back.' Sehun beamed.

'Omygod that's great!' He said happily then hugged Sehun for a minute but then he remembered the boy who was on his couch at this moment, sleeping.

'So are you not gonna let me in?'

'I uh..' But Baek didn't get to finish his sentence because Sehun pushed his way through, the shorter tried to stop him but he was surprised by what he saw. His couch was empty and the living room was clean. Where is he? Baekhyun thought

Sehun sat on the couch and asked 'So what did you do on Christmas eve?'

He sat beside sehun 'Oh you know, watch movies and eat popcorn. There's not much to do alone really.'

'Aw. I'm sorry I left you alone on Christmas eve. I know that it was a bad time 'cause you're avoiding your father.'

'It's alright. As long as you're here now. How come your parents allowed you to leave early?'

'They didn't. I sneaked out in the middle of the night. I know this will but I'm gonna go back there before new years. Do you wanna come with?'

'Come? Then have an awkward night with your family? Why did you sneak out? Do you want them to hate me more?'

'They don't hate you. you know that. They like you but just not as my boyfriend but as a friend.'

'They hate me Hun.'

'Yeah okay, they do. But they will love you like I do.' Baekhyun looked at Sehun weirdly then added 'Maybe not like I do but they will like a family.' Then he kissed the shorter's forehead. 'So what do you wanna do today?'

'Ugh. I just wanna sleep. I have this massive headache.'

'Aw. Why? What did you do? You drank didn't you?'

'I uh. Hehe. Yeah I did. I was lonely. I'm sorry.'

'No, I'm sorry that you were alone then I'll have to leave you again on new years.'

'Nah. It's okay. I'm sure someone would invite me out. I'll just kiss someone else when the clock strikes twelve.'

'Wanna die?' And Baekhyun just grinned at him. 

'I'm too cute to die. C'mon let's just sleep.' Baekhyun led Sehun to the bedroom. When they got to the bedroom Baekhyun said 'I forgot. I'm thirsty. I'll be back. Stay here.' He went down and looked for Chanyeol then he saw a note by the garden door. 

I heard you and Sehun talking so I immediately cleaned the mess and I'll leave through the garden.

I'll jump over the wall even though it's hard. HUHU ;( Anw, Merry Christmas Baek :)

-Chanyeol

Baekhyun sighed with relief and jumped up in surprise because Sehun suddenly talked behind him 'Why are you there sighing?'

'Uh, uhm, nothing. I j-just couldn't breathe well.'

'Oh. Are you okay? And what's that you're holding?'

'Yeah I'm fine. Oh this? I just saw it here lying around. It's just a receipt. C'mon let's go upstairs.' Baekhyu crumpled the note and threw it in the trash can on the way up

-

Baekhyun is drinking by the bar in Yifan's house. It was Yifan's first ever new year's party. There is a lot of people. Because of Yifan's line of work, there are many artists and models invited and Kyungsoo invited also some of his friends in the company so you could actually see alot of celebrities here. Sehun already left yesterday to New York because he promised his parents he would come back. So here he was drinking and people keep bothering and hitting on him but they just couldn't take a hint. From afar, Chanyeol was watching Baekhyun get hit on. And when somebody sat beside Baekhyun again, he approached them. 

'Please stop hitting on my boyfriend. If he's telling you that he's not interested then he's not interested. As you see he is taken.' Chayeol held Baekhyun's hand then continued 'So please go.' The stranger was about to say something but the taller glared at him so the stranger left. Baekhyun pulled his hand away and said 'What the hell was that Yeol?'

'Ah. I just noticed that people keep on hitting on you so I just did you a favor. I don't think Sehun would be pleased.'

'I don't need your help Yeol. And that guy said that he was my fan. He is a fan of f(x) and he attended the artists' concert then he saw me perform and since then he became a fan.'

'Oh. Sorry.'

'You drove my fan away.'

'Then I'll be your fan. I'll be your number one fan and I'll even be the president of your fans' club.' And Baekhyun chuckled 'Too late. The position is taken.'

There was a moment of silence then Chanyeol said 'Wanna go get some fresh air? You've been by the bar way too long.'

'Yeah, Alright let's go.'

They went outside and sat by the pool and dipped their feet into the pool. They were just silent. There were so many things that Chanyeol wanted to say but didn't know how. So many things running through his head then he looked at the boy beside him. He was looking at his reflection on the pool and looks like he's elsewhere. Chanyeol wanted to say he remembers. He remembered everything already. Everything came back to him..even his feelings. But he knew that the boy beside him was in love with his bestfriend. He shook his head to remove all his thoughts

'What are you thinking about?' Baekhyun asked

'You.' 

'What about me?' The shorter asked, unfazed by the taller's answer.

'I just wanna apologize for what happened on Christmas eve. I uh, was just drunk.' 

The shorter was just silent. Then the taller continued 'Why did you kiss me back Baek?' He looked at Chanyeol with wide eyes then looked back to the pool and shrugged. 'I don't know. I don't want to say that it was just because I was drunk because I clearly know what I was doing. Maybe because I wanted to see what I would feel. I wanted to know if there would still be a spark after seven years. And I wanted to know if I would feel guilty doing that.' 

'And?'

'And I guess I'm glad to say that I fcking feel guilty about what happened.' 

'Oh.' The taller said quietly. He felt his heart drop. 

'YOU TWO KISSED?' Asked the boy behind them with wide eyes and a very surprised tone. The two turned around to look at the boy who was stunned by what he heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi :) 

VOTE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE :)

Have a nice day!! :)