Confused?

The Moment I Knew

'You okay?' Jongin said as he sat next to Baekhyun

'Yeah.' He smiled sadly

'You can tell me anything Baek.'

'I'm so confused right now. I'm happy that Chanyeol is alive. I'm glad that he didn't really die.'

'Then why are you here all alone being sad?'

'Because.. I actually am so happy to see him. I forgot how he looked like. How tall he was. How deep his voice was and his giant ears. All the things that I fell in love with. I'm happy to see the person I've been trying to move on from because he died. And when I saw him last night everything came rushing back. I feel overwhelmed. And then Sehun..' Baekhyun sighed.

'Of course you really should be happy Baek. Chanyeol's back. I'm sure Sehun would understand.'

'I'm not sure about that but I'm angry too because he couldn't remember who I was. He doesn't even remember Sehun, his own bestfriend who is now my boyfriend who just proposed to me.' 

'He proposed?!' Jongin said in a surprised tone.

'Yeah. Last night.' Then Baekhyun told him everything that had happened.

'Ouch. That must've really hurt Sehun.' Then Baekhyun teared up a little. 'Ugh Jongin. You don't know how much I've been wanting Sehun to ask me that question. But here comes Chanyeol, confusing and shocking me once again.'

'So does that mean that your feelings for Chanyeol are back?'

'You know..I truly don't know. I moved on because I knew he wasn't coming back ever. But I don't know if I really stopped loving him.'

'Guess we'll find out now.' Then Baekhyun smacked him on his arm 'I'm kidding. But you have to sort out your feelings or else Sehun will just end up getting hurt.'

'Yeah yeah. I know.' 

'Now that you've calmed down. Let's go in and hear their explanation.'

They both went inside and only five people remained. Jongdae, Minseok, Tao, Lay and Kyungsoo. 

'Baekhyun please let us explain.' Kyungsoo said.

'Okay.' Baekhyun said monotonously.

'Okay? Uhm. Okay. So.. How do I start?' Kyungsoo said. 'My parents and your father..' Kyungsoo started but Baekhyun interrupted 'My father? He's in on this? What the fck? He fcking knows?' 

'Baekhyun let him finish talking.' Lay said. Baekhyun raised his hands up in surrender.

'As I was saying, my parents and your father concocted this plan. When your father found out that you and Chanyeol were starting to like each other he saw the opportunity to make you safe, keep you from being the person you were back then. He kind of wanted to teach you a lesson. Funny thing is your father paid the gang who was threatening you to do all that. They wanted money all along and they agreed to your dad's plan because they thought that they would get to take their revenge on you by playing on you.' 

'How did your parents agree to this?' Baekhyun asked.

'They didn't at first. Your father persuaded them. And my dad knows that you're in deep and your father assured him that nothing bad will ever ever happen if he agrees to this. And he was planning to go to the States anyway since my parents were both offered a job at the hospital with great great pay. Their reason was really shallow I know, but they agreed. Everything was scripted. The ambulance and the firemen. Chanyeol was given something to stop his heart for a few hours so he would look like he was really dead therefore the flat line and then he was moved into some house of your father I think and we waited for him to wake up. Funny thing is they thought everything went smoothly. Everything happened as it was supposed to but what they didn't think would happen was when Chanyeol fell because of the explosions that he fell on his head kind of hard so he's got an amnesia. And they thought that it was perfect since it will be easier to move, with Chanyeol not remembering anything. We never did anything to help him bring back his memories but he's got bits and pieces over time. It's like his memories are a big jigsaw puzzle that he can't piece together.' Kyungsoo finished explaining and everyone was quiet. He looked at Baekhyun who was not moving or saying anything. But Jongdae broke the silence and asked.. 

'If I may ask, why did you come back?'

'We were never supposed to since we've got a great life there but there's just something pulling us back here and Siwon offered me a job so..' Kyungsoo looked at Jongin who was only looking outside. 'Your father said that it was okay to come back and he knows that he'll pay the price once you knew. He said that it was for your own sake Baek. He didn't want you to continue to be the person you were back then. He also didn't want you to take over the family business so he thought that doing that would be a huge wake up call. And he knows you've got potential for other things that's why he did what he did.'

'My sake? Bull. My life is my business. Nobody has a say on what is good for me. And he could've just told me. He could've talked to me like a normal father.' 

'I'm sorry Baek..' Kyungsoo said.

'Baek, uncle feels guilty for what he did because he knows that you loved Chanyeol but he also knows that you are resilient. And that decision he made turned out to be good because if it weren't for that decision you wouldn't be where you are. And Chanyeol wouldn't be who he is now. He turned to be someone amazing and great. Plus you know uncle likes dramas and he never really acted normal.' Lay said.

He was quiet for a while then he looked around. 'Where's Sehun?'

'He walked out the moment you did then Luhan followed him.' Minseok said. then Jongdae glared at him as if saying why would you say that Luhan followed him.

'Okay.' He said then walked out of the house. Trying to find Sehun. He went to the place where Sehun usually goes to when they fight and wants to be alone. Then he saw him and Luhan.

-

'You okay?' Luhan asked.

'Does it look like I'm okay?' Sehun snapped.

'Sorry.' 

'No. I'm sorry I snapped. But no I'm not okay. It's funny. I don't know if I should be happy because our best friend is alive, the person who I treated for years like a brother or should I be sad because he's back and he's back in Baekhyun's life. I know it must be hard for him because it is for me.'

'Why do you think it's hard for him?'

'Because.. it's Chanyeol. His first love. The person who actually made him realize that he's gay.' 

'But he's in love with you right now. What's important is the present and not the past'

'Yeah right. I've seen Baekhyun suffer and got hurt because of Chanyeol. I know how much he loves him. He just moved on because he knows that Chanyeol will never come back to him but now that he's here again..all of his feelings for Chanyeol might come back.'

Luhan didn't know what to say. So he just sat there and pat Sehun's back. Luhan thought that Sehun is right..all of Baekhyun's feelings might come back and Sehun might be the only one who will get hurt in the end. 

'Then break up with him.' Luhan said.

'What?' Sehun looked surprisingly at Luhan.

'I'm kidding. You said that you would fight for Baekhyun right? Then do that.'

'You know.. last night I proposed. I fcking proposed Luhan. But I was left with the question hanging between us because we saw Chanyeol get out of the restaurant. I've been waiting for that dinner to happen and then when it did happen, he shows up.'

'You proposed?!' Luhan was surprised. the younger just nodded. 'Did you talk about it again?'

'When I dropped him off I said to just forget it because given the circumstances. But I was really hurt while I was saying that. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.'

'Ya. Oh Sehun. Don't forget that you're talking to me. I'm still your ex. It kinda stings hearing you say that.'

'Sorry.'

'But I'm sorry I find this situation funny. Why are you two hurting and everything when Chanyeol doesn't even remember us. Why are you scared that Baek might go back to him when he doesn't even remember who he is. Who he was in his life. Stop worrying about things that hasn't even happened or might not even happen.'

Sehun looked at Luhan and just sighed and rested his head on Luhan's shoulder. 'But still.. Maybe if I didn't cheat on you maybe we would still be together and I would not be hurting like this.' 

'Maybe. Maybe not. Sehun, we shouldn't think of the past or what could've been anymore. You have Baekhyun so you shouldn't be saying things like that.'

They heard the leaves rustle. The two went to look what cau the noise then they saw Baekhyun walking away. 

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my story. :)

Vote, comment and subscribe :)

Have a nice day!! :)