It's complicated

The Moment I Knew

Why did I ever do this? Kyungsoo thought as he got home. Exhausted from his practices. He's been training for two weeks nonstop because they were gonna debut him in 2 and a half months so they are improving him. Mostly his dancing and social skills. With the voice he has got no problem. He collapsed onto his bed and pondered on why he wanted to be an idol. 

He actually likes performing. When they moved to the states, he was part of a band and they were big. They became known there and that was where Siwon discovered him and wanted to recruit him. He had doubts of course because he didn't wanna leave the band but the band agreed that they were only temporary and they're gonna break up when they graduate so Kyungsoo agreed to Siwon. He's also doing this for his brother who wanted to be a singer since they were kids. 

He heard his phone ring so got up and answered it.

'Hello?'

'Soo! Are you free tomorrow? Let's hang out!' Baekhyun said. 

'Yeah sure. Where?' Then Baekhyun gave him an address and then ended the call. When he came back to Korea, he decided to avoid all of his and Chanyeol's friends so that it'll be easier for him but it's hard since they all work together. So he decided to it up and just do what he gotta do. 

-

He went to the address that Baekhyun told him then rang the doorbell. A half Jongin opened the door who looked surprised and shocked. 

'Kyungsoo? What are you doing here?'

'You're kidding right? Baekhyun said that he wants to meet me here.'

'Well, he didn't tell me anything. I think he was just playing a joke on you. Wait. Let me give him a call. Come in for the meantime.' Jongin opened the door widely to let Kyungsoo in. 

Kyungsoo scanned his eyes across the room and it was all black and white and clean. Smells like Jongin too. 

'Sorry if I woke you up if you were sleeping.'

'No I'm not sleeping. I was just practicing.'

'Half ?' 

'Well, I'm comfortable like this. I didn't know that I will have company so I'm sorry.' Then he added 'Byun Baekhyun is not answering his phone. That idiot planned this. I'll try calling Sehun if he knows something.'

'Why Sehun? Is he and Baekhyun best friends now? I've noticed that they're close in the office.' Kyungsoo finally sat on the sofa after looking through the kitchen. 

'Oh. Uhm. You don't know?'

'Don't know what?'

. I dont think they'd want him to know. Jongin thought. 

'Oh. Nothing. They're just close.'

Kyungsoo eyed Jongin because he could sense that there's more to the story. 

'Are you sure?'

'Y-yeah.' Sehun answered the phone 'Ya. Oh Sehun are you with Byun right now?' 

Jongin could hear Baekhyun laughing on the other end of the phone. Then he hears Sehun asking why then Baekhyun explains then he started laughing too. 

'Sorry Jongin. Baekhyun is currently busy. Give him our regards.' Sehun said

'If you don't give Baek the phone I'll tell Kyungsoo.'

'You wouldn't dare!' Sehun said. Then he heard Baekhyun ask then he grabbed the phone from Sehun said. 

'Ya Kim Jongin don't you dare do that. Just thank me okay? It's for your own sake.'

'How is this for our sake?'

'To bring back the relationship you once lost. Okay? Now goodbye and entertain your guest. Oh! And put on some shirt. I'm sure at this time of day you were sleeping or something. Okay? And don't bother us again. We're busy.' Then he ended the call. 

Jongin sat at the other end of the sofa because Kyungsoo on the opposite end and then he said 'The idiot did plan this.Sorry.' Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who was fiddling with his fingers

'Oh. I could just go.' 

'Don't be silly. You're here already. You should stay. Give us time to catch up since all we do since we met is practice.'

'Yeah. Yeah you're right.' There was an awkward silence. Then Kyungsoo spoke 'Jongin..'

'Hm?'

'Could you uhm, put some shirt on? It's weird.' Jongin looked down and could feel his face get hot so immediately went into his bedroom and put on some shirt. He came back to the living room to find Kyungsoo playing with his phone. Kyungsoo felt his stomach growling.

'Have you eaten already?' Kyungsoo asked.

'Uh, no not yet.'

'Oh. Do you wanna go out or..'

'Yeah you can cook if that's what you're gonna ask. I don't wanna go out anyways.' Kyungsoo headed to the kitchen and knows that there's enough ingredients to make a dish since he checked it awhile ago. He's gonna make Jongin's favorite dish of his.

'So did you learn to cook? Because you have an awful lot of ingredients and food here.' Kyungsoo asked.

'No. I'm still the same since the last time you saw me. But I think I improved a bit. Haha. Krystal usually cooks when she's here that's why there's a lot of food there.'

'Oh. Krystal is your girlfriend?'

'Yeahp.'

'She's my sunbae right? I like their group. They're so good.'

'Yeah. They really are. Though I don't think they're getting enough recognition. Siwon is busy grooming this boy group of his.'

'Oh. Are they any good?'

'Yeah. They are great. Of course, they've been training for years.'

'Oh.'

'I could introduce you to Krystal sometime. She would love to meet you.'

'Yeah. That would be great. So how long have you been dating?'

'A year maybe. She's great and all but sometimes she could be annoying and bratty but I love her. How about you? Do you have any special someone in your life right now?'

'I do.'

'Who's that person?' 

'Now that is a secret. Sorry. I just don't like telling people my love life. Haha.' 

'Oh come on hyung. We're friends right. So tell me.' 

'I'm just kidding you know that right! I don't have any special someone whatsoever. I'm focusing on my career right now.' But it will always be you Jongin. Kyungsoo thought.

'Yeah right.' Then they fell into silence since Kyungsoo is cooking and Jongin is just watching him like old times.

When they were eating, they talked about what has happened for the last seven years. Their careers. The happenings. Who's dating who. 

'Oh and do you know that Joonmyeon is now dating Yifan?' Jongin said

'Yeah I know. I've been in touch with them for quite some time. At first it was just Joonmyeon that I've been in touch with since he asked me to co-own two of his restaurants in the states. So I've still been cooking and I'm gonna co-own another one of his restaurants here. He said he needed help and said what was he thinking establishing 9 restaurants.'

'Oh. You've been in touch with them but not me. Why hyung?'

'Hyung. It's weird. Nobody has called me that for years.'

'You're not answering my question. Why not me? I thought we were friends.'

'We were.'

'Then why?'

'It's complicated.'

'Then un-complicate it.'

'I can't. So tell me, why did Luhan and Sehun break up?' Kyungsoo asked avoiding Jongin's question.

'I can't.'

'Why?'

'Because I asked you first.'

'Don't be childish Jongin. It's just complicated.' Kyungsoo stood up and put the dishes in the sink. Jongin approached him and made him face him and said 'What is so complicated? I missed you..you know that hyung. I was devastated when you left and even just once you never bothered to check in on my or talk to me or something.' 

'I missed you too Jongin. And that's what is complicated! Because if I talked to you even for one bit I might just leave everything there and go back here just to see you, just to hear you nag me or call me hyung or annoy the soul out of me. You don't know how hard it was to say goodbye to you but I had to. I needed to.' Kyungsoo just bursted everything out of him. All the feelings he was hiding. And then he walked out of Jongin's house with the younger frozen from all the older's words.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! So a little KaiSoo here. Hehe :) How was your day? Talk to me. HAHA. Me, I had a y day then it will be ier tomorrow because we have a ton of quizzes, Err. 

So do you like my story so far? Yes or no or maybe? Comment it! Don't be shy :)) 

Have a nice day!! :)