Goodbye and hello

The Moment I Knew

'So nothing will change your mind?' Jongdae asked

'Nope. And I'm actually looking forward to leaving. I've always wanted to travel the world.' 

'Yeah whatever. When you come back I'll be the CEO and you'll be sorry and jealous because you were supposed to be next but you left.' Jongdae joked.

'Just make me the vice president and I'll be okay.' Baekhyun winked and stuck his tongue out. 

'So where are you going first?' 

'Still not telling. Just wait for my amazing postcards alright? If you decided to adopt, make me the godfather!'

'No way. How could we make you the godfather if you're not here?'

'Skype?' Baekhyun chuckled. 'I know you're gonna miss me Jongdae.' Baekhyun ruffled Jongdae's hair. 'Ya, Kim Minseok good luck with Jongdae.' And Minseok just laughed. 

Baekhyun was about to walk away when someone called his name. He turned and he saw that it was his friends.

'Ya! Byun Baekhyun, you're leaving without saying goodbye?' Jongin said. Baekhyun laughed sheepishly

'Where do you think you're going Byun Baekhyun? How could you do this?' Kyungsoo asked. They all swarmed him and asked him questions. 

'Ya ya ya! Stop it you guys. Just tell me you're gonna miss me alright? And i'm gonna miss all of you too.'

'Byun Baekhyun, long time.' Luhan suddenly stepped out.

'Luhan hyung?' Baekhyun said surprised. Luhan stepped closer and hugged him and said 'I'm sorry for the things I've done and said in the past.. Be careful out there.'

'I'm sorry too. Take care of Sehun for me.' 

'Baekhyun, I'm over him. I guess I thought I was still in love with him but I'm not anymore. I was just in love with the our past that I couldn't let go of. And it's foolish for me to still be in love with him when I know he's irrevocably in love with you.' Baekhyun smiled and said 'I'm gonna miss you Luhan hyung. Set their heads straight if any of these people do something foolish.' 

Luhan laughed 'Of course.' 

Then Baekhyun hugged each and every one of his friends. He was looking for the people he wanted to see but he knows that they will not come. He said his goodbyes and left. 

'Goodbye.' Baekhyun said as he looked out the window.

--------------

Baekhyun stepped onto the cold spring breeze. He rode the subway to go to his house. As he entered his house he smiled to himself and thought Ah, so good to be home. He rested for a while. got ready and left. He rode the taxi to get to his destination. When he arrived, he took a deep breath and entered the venue. 

He walked down the aisle and smiled at the person at the end. 

'Hi.' The boy said

'Hey.' Baekhyun said.

'Long time no see. How are you? Have you been good? Glad that you could make it.' 

Baekhyun chuckled 'Of course. How could I miss this? And I've been fine. Great actually. I feel so refreshed. How about you Yeol, how are you?'

'I'm great. I've been made the director of the hospital. and I'm dating someone.'

'You are? Who? Why didn't I hear that from the others?'

'Probably because you'd be stinking jealous.' 

'Now you have to tell me who? Do I know him or her?'

'It's actually a her..'

Baekhyun looked at him with wide eyes. 'Who?'

'Dara.'

'Dara?! As in Sandara Park?' 

'Yeah. Her.' Chanyeol grinned

'Woah. How the hell did you do that?'

'Kyungsoo. She was in one of his parties. He introduced me. We got to talking. Then we started dating.'

'Woah. Seriously? Good for you. That's so great Chanyeol. I'm happy for you.' Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol and the taller hugged him back. Then they pulled away. 

'Thanks.' He smiled to Baekhyun. 

After a few moment of silence, Baekhyun asked, 'So how is he? Is he good?'

'He's great. You know how he is, even though he's too anxious he's still calm and composed.'

'Yeah, well that's him. Can't believe he's getting married. I felt like I left for too long.'

'You did. 4 years is a long time Baek.'

'4 years huh? Didn't feel like it. I think had too much fun to notice how long I've been gone.' 

'Tsk. But great to have you back. We all missed you.'

'Good to be back.'

-

'You may now kiss your husband.' 

Everyone clapped and were happy for them. Of course, Baekhyun is too. He regret some things when he left but all in all he was happy. He was ecstatic. 

They are now at the reception. and everyone approached him

'Byun fcking Baekhyun, you are here. Alive and well.' Jongdae greeted. Then hugged Baekhyun

Baekhyun laughed and hugged him back 'Hey Kim Jongdae. Miss me?'

'Damn straight I did. It was boring in the office. You're not gonna leave anytime soon again are you?'

'Nope. I'm here to stay.' Baekhyun smiled then greeted the others. Then he approached the newly weds.

'Well, I'll be damned. Congratulations Jongin and Kyungsoo. You finally got married after a hundred years.' He hugged both of them.

'Jongin took a long time didn't he?' Kyungsoo nudged Jongin playfully

'More like you BOTH took a hell of a long time.' Luhan said

'Hey Lu.' Baekhyun greeted.

'Hey. Can you believe it, they finally got married. I thought they were never gonna get married.' Luhan said and laughed

'Yeah. Me too. So how was it proposing in front of a million of people?' Baekhyun asked

'Nervewrecking. Never mention it again. What the hell was I thinking? Kyungsoo would have said yes even if we were in bed.' Jongin grinned 'Oh wait, he always does.'

Kyungsoo smacked him

'Ya Kim Jongin. Too much info seriously.' Jongdae said. They all laughed. Baekhyun feels so happy. He really means it that it's great to be back. He really missed his friends. They really didn't do much catching up since they never lost touch. And Baekhyun sent them postcards from wherever he is at the time being. Yes postcards, he wanted to do it old school. 

They all laughed and danced with him. It's really a wedding slash coming home party of Baekhyun. When the last song was played, Sehun approached him.

'Can I have this dance?' 

Baekhyun chuckled 'Hi Sehun. Sure.' They started to dance. At first they were quiet then Baekhyun broke the ice 'So how are you? It's been a long time.'

'Yeah it really has. I'm great. Nothing new really. I've been busy with work because Siwon had been tight about the practices of the trainess and idols ever since the scandal era happened.'

'Oh yeah, I heard about that. Damn, that was a tough year but glad that they made it through.'

'Of course, their bond will never be broken by small things like that. How about you, how was your vacation? How was it travelling the world?'

'Oh god Sehun, it was amazing. The most amazing thing that ever happened to me. Going to different places, experiencing the culture, eating their food. It was all so great. It just that I had to do some work from time to time but I understand.'

'Of course you had to do some work, they weren't gonna hold your job for free.'

'Yeah yeah. Whatever.' Baekhyun stuck his tongue out to Sehun. 'Can you believe it, after 12 years, they finally got married. God, that was such a long time. I really regret not seeing how Jongin proposed to Kyungsoo live.'

'You should've seen Jongin, he was so freaking nervous. Can you believe he asked Kyungsoo on his anniversary concert? Surprised that guy has a sweet bone.' 

'I actually saw that on the news. Most romantic thing ever. Everyone was talking about it. Some were hyped some were not but his fanbase is still strong.'

'Of course, Kyungsoo is an amazing singer. Even if he was gay, people would still support him.'

'So how about you, any romantic relationships?' 

Sehun chuckled 'No. Nothing. Told you I've been busy.' 

'Being busy is not an excuse Sehun.'

'It's not an excuse. It's the truth. Though there was this one guy but it was really just a short time.'

'Ooooh. So who is this mystery guy?'

'You probably know Key?'

'Him? Seriously, what's with you all dating celebrities. Wait til I get some of that too. So what happened?'

'Just didn't work out. Really, it's just for a short time. What about you?'

Me? Oh casual flings here and there but they never stick. I never stick to one place anyway.'

'Oh. Were they boys or girls?'

'Both.' Baekhyun winked. 'Told you, Boy or girl they both love me. I'm too irresistable.' 

'Yeah right.' Sehun scoffed jokingly.

Baekhyun playfully smacked him 'What you don't agree huh?'

'Yeah sure. I agree.' Sehun rolled his eyes and laughed. 'It's great to have you back Baek.'

'Thanks. It's good to be back. I missed Korea actually. But thank god that I didn't experience any homesickness.' 

Silence surrounded them but not the awkward one. The comforting type of silence.

When the song was done, Baekhyun said 'Thanks for the dance. Great seeing you again.' and smiled. He was about to walk away when Sehun grabbed his hand to stop him. Baekhyun turned to look at him with a confused look

'Baek, want to go out sometime?' Sehun smiled. 

-END- 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it took me so long to update :) And sorry to sprung on you that this is the last chapter. :) 

It's the end of The Moment I Knew and thank you for all those who supported my story :) I had fun writing this one. I was also on a rollercoaster feels just like you guys. And I appreciate all the comments. :) I wish you all liked it. Thank you again! And hope you all have a nice day :) 

P.S. Comments, upvotes and subscribers are very much appreciated :) :)