For the second time

The Moment I Knew

'So where are we going?' Baekhyun asked for the 3rd time since Sehun picked him up

'Seriously? Did you lose your patience along the way?' Sehun laughed

'It's because you keep dodging my question.' 

'Because it's a surprise. Okay. We're here.' The car stopped in front of a big house.

'Where are we?'

'At some house. Now come on.' They entered inside and went straight to the garden. There were lights and candles everywhere and at the table was Sehun's parents and Baekhyun's father. The shorter looked at the taller and Sehun said 'My parents came back with me and they decided to meet you as my boyfriend and I want them to meet your father so I invited him too if you don't mind.' Baekhyun was kind of tearing up, well because Sehun's parents finally accepted him so he hugged Sehun. 

'Hi Mr and Mrs Oh.' Baekhyun greeted 'Hey father.' 

'Please Baekhyun, call us mom and dad. We're sorry that it took us so long to warm up to you. Sehun has been nagging us and convincing us when he was with us during the holidays.' Sehun's mom said

'Oh it's alright! I understand that it was a lot to take in and it was hard.' Baekhyun smiled

They started their dinner and everyone was enjoying the food and the company. Sehun's parents and Baekhyun's father got well acquainted already before the two got there. They all shared their stories and the house was actually owned by Sehun's parents. The night got deeper and Sehun got down on one knee infront of their parents and a stunned Baekhyun.

'I know I asked this question already and it was killing me for the past months that it is still left unanswered. You make me happy Baek. As happy as I can ever be. If you let me spend the rest of our lives together making you happy as you make me and spoil you as you deserve to be then I will be the happiest man who ever lived. I know that we just had another obstacle that we passed and it just shows how great we are together. I'm doing this infront of our parents because I want them to be a  part of this. So Baek, will you marry me?' Baekhyun has mixed feelings right now. But he was happy. Ecstatic even. 

'I'm sorry Sehun.' 

-

Jongdae found Baekhyun a few days later, in his house crying his heart out. 

'Why Baekhyun? Why did you do that?'

'I don't know.' Baekhyun said crying even harder.

'Well you're a fcking idiot.'

'I am! I am the biggest idiot that ever lived.' 

'There. There. Want some ice cream?'

'I'm not a kid Jongdae. But yeah.' And Jongdae just laughed at the other and went to get the ice cream he brought.

'I know this is a bad time but Kyungsoo's birthday celebration is coming up and as you know Siwon gave him a two days off so he invited us to the beach even if it's freezing cold. God, I don't know what that kid is thinking.' Baekhyun chuckled at Jongdae's comment

'I know about that. He called me already. Is everyone coming?'

'Yes. Everyone. Will you be okay?'

'Oh I'll be fine. Don't worry.' Baekhyun smiled. 

-

Six people ended up in an awkward car ride after a game of rock, paper, scissor of who's riding with who. Sehun was the one driving and Chanyeol was riding shotgun. Baekhyun, Lay, Luhan and Tao was sitted at the back. It was a silent car ride until they reached their destination. Meanwhile, the other six- yifan was driving so Joonmyeon was riding shotgun, Jongdae, Minseok, Jongin and Kyungsoo was riding at the back were laughing and singing along to the songs on the radio until they arrived at the beachhouse. 

The six awkward people got out of the car fast when they arrived because they didn't wanna be there anymore. But when they got to the beachhouse, Kyungsoo forgot to mention that there were 3 queen sized bed and six single beds. Basically, it was supposed to be for the couples but seeing that one couple was not talking to each other, Jongdae initiated that he be roomed with Baekhyun instead and Minseok with Tao. Yifan and Joonmyeon was in the other queen sized bed and the others are in the single beds. 

'Thanks Jongdae but you didn't have to do that. Minseok might kill me.' Baekhyun said when they were fixing their things.

'It's alright. We needed time away from each other anyway.'

Baekhyun scoffed 'Yeah right. You can't get enough of each other. It's weirdly romantic.' 

-

The group went to do things on their own. Baekhyun was currently with Kyungsoo who was cooking their food.

'Ya. It's your birthday you shouldn't be the one cooking.'

'It's alright Baek. I like cooking. So tell me, what happened between you and Sehun?'

'I don't know.'

'Have you told him already?' 

'Nope.'

'Do you plan to?'

'I don't know. Maybe not. He might get hurt and I don't want him getting hurt. I love Sehun.' Baekhyun sighed. 

'Just do what's right Baek.'

'So how about you? Are you and Jongin okay?'

'Yeah. We're great. We're friends again and I decided to move on so I've been seeing someone.' 

Baekhyun's eyes widened when he turned to look at Kyungsoo. 'What? Really? That's great! When will we meet him? Who is he?'

'Slow down Baek.' Kyungsoo chuckled 'I've been seeing him for a month already and things are great. He'll be here later. He couldn't come right away because he's got things to do.'

'Is he an idol too?'

'He is. Same company.'

'Omygod. Whoooooo? You have to tell me.'

'Later.' And Kyungsoo smiled

-

Baekhyun was walking along the shore when Chanyeol joined him.

'Hey Baek.'

'Oh hey Yeol. What's up?'

'Not much. Just wanted to check on you. You okay?'

'I'm great. Why wouldn't I be?'

'Uhm, because of you and..' Chanyeol trailed off

'Because of me and Sehun? It's nothing.'

'So what happened? Did you tell him or did he find out?'

'Nope. And can we please not talk about that. Everytime we do, there's always someone finding out and I don't wanna take the chance anymore.' Baekhyun said looking around.

'Yes sir.' Chanyeol saluted and chuckled 'So when we get back, do you wanna grab some dinner or something?'

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol 'Park Chanyeol, are you asking me out? I'm sorry but I'm still taken alright?'

'Why do you always assume that I still like you like I do eight years ago because I don't anymore. I just want us to be friends. Can't we be friends?'

'I'm assuming and I'm just kidding' The shorter chuckled 'But of course we can be friends! And yeah alright, we can grab a bite.' 

Deep inside Chanyeol fist bumped himself because he was nervous that Baekhyun would reject him.