Let's talk

The Moment I Knew

'WHAT?' Sehun and Chanyeol both said at the same time. 

'What are you saying Baekhyun?' Sehun asked in disbelief

'You heard me Sehun. Surprised that I know?' Baekhyun looked at Sehun with disgust. 'Was I not supposed to know about that ever? Did you never plan on telling me about that?' 

'How..' Sehun started to say

'You think news like that doesn't reach Korea?' The shorter asked 'It didn't.' Baekhyun laughed 'But you have a big company Sehun. You have lots of connections and it just so happened that one of the companies that you invited to your dear dear private wedding was a friend of mine. You might know him.. Do you know Choi Minho? I hear that your companies are good friends so him and his family were invited to the wedding. We suddenly got to talking about a wedding that he will be attending and that it is one of the sons of your company so I thought that it was your brother but after a few days later, he called me and said that you were getting married. I said, that can't be right. Are you sure Minho? He said he was positive. Of course I was fcking furious Sehun. You fcking got married. GOT MARRIED!'

'Baek..' Sehun started to approach Baekhyun but the shorter continued 

'Why didn't you tell me Sehun? You could've told me. I would've understand. Not completely but at some point I would've understand. A simple call telling me that your company is going into bankruptcy and you really needed to do that. I would've understand Sehun. Of course I know that saving your father's company is a very big deal because he worked hard for it. I've been there. My father has his own business. I know the burden Sehun.' Baekhyun started to tremble and tear up. 

Sehun started to approach Baekhyun but Chanyeol got in the way and punched the younger. 

'How dare you do that to Baekhyun?' Chanyeol said furiously. 'I thought you loved him. I thought that you would do anything to make him happy but why did you do this?' 

'Chanyeol stop.' Baekhyun said 'Leave now. You don't need to get dragged into this. This is between me and Sehun so please..leave.' 

'But..'

'Leave.' And with that Chanyeol was out the door. 

'Baek, I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you. I really did but I didn't think I could bring myself to tell you that. I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want you to leave me. I thought you wouldn't have understand.'

'If I didn't then you could've have made me Sehun!' Baekhyun shouted 'For those three short months we have gone from being happy to this. It's really true that there's always calm before the storm.'

'I'm really sorry Baekhyun.' Sehun was crying 'That marriage was nothing. It was just for show to make our companies merge. We're getting a divorce eventually. I know that no explanation would be enough for what I did so I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry.'

There was a few minutes of silence when Baekhyun started to talk 'You know why I kissed Chanyeol? Why I kissed him so hard to the point that if Lay hadn't called something might have happened?'

Sehun flinched at the question of the shorter

'Because I was furious Sehun. I was so furious that I needed to get revenge on you. I did that because I wanted to forget what I just knew. I did that because I hated you for not contacting me. I wanted you to regret not telling me what you did but I fcking feel guilty because despite that I still love you Sehun.'

'Baek, I'm really so-' Baekhyun cut him off

'Sorry? Yeah me too.' Baekhyun sighed 'But you know..we can't do this anymore. I don't wanna do this anymore.' He looked at Sehun with tears in his eyes.

'What are you trying to say Baekhyun?' 

'Let's end this already. Our relationship is too messed up right now. It's not right to stay here anymore. It's not right to continue this.'

Sehun tried to touch Baekhyun's face but the shorter avoided his hand. 'No. Please don't. I love you Baek. You know that. I love you more than anything in this world. I would do anything just to make you stay so please don't. Don't leave me.' Sehun pleaded with tears in his eyes.

'How could I continue to be in a relationship when it doesn't make me happy anymore? How could I stay in something that I don't see worth staying anymore?' 

Sehun was taken aback by Baekhyun's words. He took a step back and just stared at the shorter, speechless.

'Please leave.' Baekhyun started to walk away but Sehun back hugged him and pleaded 'Please Baekhyun, don't do this. Don't make me leave. I love you. You know that I really really do.' 

The shorter was crying hard that he couldn't speak anymore so he faced the taller and kissed him but only for a moment and took a deep breath 'Goodbye Sehun.' 

He knew that no matter how hard he will try to make Sehun leave, he won't leave so even though it is his house. He was the one who left. As soon as Baekhyun left, the taller started to cry hard until he's got nothing to cry anymore. 

-

The next couple of days were hard for the two of them. Sehun hasn't gone back to the States because he wanted to get Baekhyun back and he won't leave until Baekhyun is his again. So Sehun went back to being a choreographer so that he'd get to see Baekhyun, but the shorter was avoiding him. Sehun tried so hard to look for him, call him and even ask Jongdae where he is but he's got nothing. 

'Is it realy over between you two?' Jongdae asked one day

'Don't know.' Baekhyun said coldly

'He's trying to reach out to you Baek. Are you not even gonna give him a chance to be able to talk to you? You cheated too you know.'

'I dont know. And yes I know that, all the more that it's right that we broke up.'

'I don't get you Byun Baek. You two need some closure if you're gonna break up for real. So I've decided to call him so that you could talk.'

'Nobody asked you to meddle Jongdae.'

'Well, too late. You two are both dragging me into this so there. Here he comes. Good luck.' And with that Jongdae left. Baekhyun looked at Sehun. He still missed the taller so much but he knew it was wrong. 

'Hi.' They both said.

'I've been trying to contact you.' Sehun said

'So I've been told.' 

'Give me another chance Baek. Please.'

'Sehun, you know that you're not the only one who is at fault here so why do you keep on apologizing. I did something wrong too.'

'I don't care about what you did. I deserved that. What I did was really really wrong.'

'It was but can't you see..a normal person would be furious at me for what I did but you're not. We seriously have this messed up relationship. And I don't want that. No matter how much we try to forgive and forget, we both know that it will always be with us like a shadow. It will always come back and bite us on the .' 

Sehun didn't know what to say because believe it or not, he thinks that Baekhyun is right- they really have a messed up relationship.

'Fine then.' Sehun stood up 'If this is the punishment that I'll have to take from all the stupidities that I've done then fine. I'll accept them. Just tell me something Baek..'

'What?'

'Do you still love me?'

'Of course I do Sehun. I will always love you.'

'Are you in love again with Chanyeol?'

Baekhyun saw that question coming but he still didn't know the answer to that..

'I'm not in love with him but I love him.' Sehun gave him a confused look and Baekhyun chuckled. 

'I don't love him like that anymore. Like I am with you. But I don't love him as just a friend either. I love him because he was there to cheer me up, he was there when I was alone, when I needed a distraction, when I needed to get away, when I needed someone to pick me up when I was down, when I needed to take my mind off you. He made me feel alive but guilty as hell.'

'Okay you just made me more confused.' 

They both laughed 'Yeah? Well, so am I. Join the club will you.' Sehun put his arms around Baekhyun and kissed him on the cheek and said 'Figure that out yourself. I'm going back Baek. There's still some things I need to fix there.'

'Of course. Gotta get back to the wife.' Baekhyun said with bitterness

'Baek, stop..'

'See? I told you. It's always gonna be there. At some point that will be mentioned. We will never really completely forget that if we stay together.'

'But remember Baek, if you change your mind, if you miss me, if you regret everything..I will always be waiting for you.'

'Don't Sehun. Don't wait for me.'

'I will. That's how much I love you. I don't care if I will look like a fool. I love you Baekhyun. You've been an important part of my life.'

'I love you too Sehunnie but just don't okay? Never wait for me again. Goodbye Sehun.' They both stood up and hugged each other. Baekhyun walked away and Sehun cried for the nth time

'Goodbye Baek.'