Why?

The Moment I Knew

'SURPRISE!' Everyone said when Baekhyun entered his house. Of course he acted like he was shocked but not really because Chanyeol told him about it already.

He talked to his friends, to the people who were in the party. It was loud and crowded so he's sure that he'll have a lot to clean up tomorrow. He wishes that he could just clean up everything that he had done just like the mess in the morning. He wishes that he could just be swallowed whole right now.

But..

Why does he have to feel guilty? He's not the only one who did wrong. He did something wrong too. Baekhyun thought. He fcking did something wrong too. 

'Ya Byun, why are you here drinking alone? It's your birthday.' Jongdae said as he sat beside Baekhyun

'Oh hey. Thanks for throwing me a party and giving me something to clean up the next day.'

Jongdae chuckled and said 'Well, no problem my dear dear friend. But seriously, why are you here alone?'

'I'm just thinking.. What Sehun is doing?'

'Aw. Miss your boyfriend? I'm sure he'll contact you or surprise you or something.'

'I should miss him right? But I don't know, he hasn't contacted me for three months Jongdae..Why do you think is that?'

'I don't know Baek. Maybe he's just busy. He's running a big company so I'm sure he's got all these meetings. Why? Suspicious of him?'

Baekhyun just laughed lightly. 'I kissed Chanyeol.' 

'Aha. So that's why you're here alone. feeling guilty?'

'Of course I am. But I'm not guilty because of the kiss..I'm guilty because I knowingly did that and my feelings are to blame.' 

'What? So you like Chanyeol again?' Jongdae looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes

'I don't know Jongdae. I don't know.' They both turned silent and just drank their beer.

'Jongdae, there's something I need to tell you.'

-

It was the next day and he was right. There was a lot to clean up. He was tired and lazy so he just let the mess stay there. He's got a massive headache due to his drinking. Ang he drank a lot. Chanyeol didn't come to the party because he was avoiding Baekhyun. But the shorter did try to call the taller but it just goes straight to voicemail. 

Baekhyun groaned when the doorbell rang. He stood up and opened the door. 

'What are you doing here Chanyeol?' Baekhyun asked in a surprised but calm tone.

'I uh, uhm, just wanted to drop by to apologize for the other night.'

'No need to apologize. We both did wrong so you could go.' Baekhyun was about to close the door when Chanyeol put his foot between the door. 'What do you want Chanyeol?' Baekhyun sighed.

'Are you feeling okay? Did you drink last night?' Chanyeol asked as he forcefully entered Baekhyun's house. He went straight to the bathroom to look for a medicine then went out to give it to Baekhyun. 

'I'm fine.' Ignoring the taller's good intentions. But the taller insisted and eventually the shorter took the medicine. 

Chanyeol sighed and said 'Baek, I like you. No, I'm in love with you. When my memories came back, my feelings for you came back too. Yes, you may say that maybe it was just the past that I am in love with but I know what I feel. I know this is real and it's not just the past that I am in love with. I'm spending all those days with you because I wanted to get close to you again. I wanted you to notice me and really see me like before. And as we spent those days together, my feelings for you got deeper and deeper and the other night I couldn't take it anymore. I just wanted to kiss you so bad. So here I am confessing to you what I feel. I know that you don't feel the same way but I just wanted to get it out of my system. But I'm hoping that you'll reconsider.' Baekhyun just looked at him with wide eyes. 

'You know that this is wrong. Sehun is your bestfriend. Why are you doing this?'

'Because I don't wanna live in a world where I don't get to tell my feelings out loud. I don't wanna live in a world where I might regret something later but maybe I WILL regret all of these later.' 

'Chanyeol..' Baekhyun looked at the taller. 

'You don't need to tell me what you feel right away. I know this could be confusing or you might need some time to think about it so I will be leaving now.' Chanyeol stood up and was about to walk out the door when Baekhyun said 'I like you too.' He turned to look at the shorter 

'But for all the wrong reasons Chanyeol..' Baekhyun continued. 

Chanyeol walked back and asked 'What reasons?' 

'Like, I lke you because you were there when I was lonely. I like you because I'm mad. I like you because I'm overwhelmed by the fact that you came back into my life again and you look better than ever.' Baekhyun chuckled due to what he said in the last one. 

'Why are you mad?' 

'Baekhyun?' The two both turned to look at the person standing in Baekhyun's doorway.

'Sehun?' Baekhyun said, surprised

'You like Chanyeol?' Sehun asked, shocked by what he heard as he walked closer to the two.

'Why are you here?' Baekhyun asked. 

'Well, I wanted to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday but turns out I am the one who gets to be surprised.' He walked closer to Chanyeol then punched him. 

'You fcking said that you are not that kind of guy who steals his bestfriend's boyfriend but what the hell is this Park Chanyeol?' Sehun said angrily.

'Sehun, stop.' Baekhyun sighed.

'What Baek? Are you taking his side?' He turned to Baekhyun who then slapped him

'Are you gonna tell me Oh Sehun why you haven't been contacting me ever since you left?' 

'Stop changing the topic Baekhyun.'

'Fine. You want to know the truth?! Yes, I like Chanyeol again but like I said for all the wrong reasons. You want to know another truth? We kissed the other night. Want to know why? Because I was fcking mad Sehun. Furious even. There you have YOUR facts. Now answer my damn question.' Baekhyun said furiously. 

'I just left for three months and I find you with Chanyeol. Why are you the one who's getting angry?' They are now just shouting at each other. 

'Because! Because Sehun..' The shorter sighed for the nth time this day. 'I hated you for leaving me without even giving a proper goodbye. I hated you when you didn't contact me for the past three months or so. I hated you for thinking that I could just wait for you patiently. And I hated you..

for keeping it a secret that you got married.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!! Short update! :) hope you like it :) Thanks for reading! :)

Vote, comment and subscribe! :)

Have a nice day! :)