He's back

The Moment I Knew

It's the week that the new trainee will come so we're all so busy right now. Assigning the producers, choreographers and the managers that will help him. The choreographer of course would either be Jongin or Sehun but I think it would be Jongin since Sehun is the one teaching the trainees right now. 

'Baekhyun.' Jongdae said.

'Hm?'

'Did you ever wanna be an idol?'

'I did. But then I remember that I had a dirty past so I decided not to.'

'It's just the past. Who cares right? What if you were given a chance to be an idol right now, would you take that chance?' I paused and thought of Jongdae's question then answered 'I don't know. I'm happy with my job right now but it would be nice to have that chance. Plus people do care. You know how people are when it comes to idol's past. They criticize too much.'

'Yeah I know but still why don't you?'

'What?' I turned to Jongdae.

'You already got the connections and I think it would be easy for you to get in.'

'You're joking right?' 

'I'm dead serious. Your voice is amazing and you can dance. It's easy.'

I just looked at Jongdae to see if he's kidding. 'Okaaaaay. What brought this up?'

He shrugged and said 'Nothing. It just crossed my mind. I remember Chanyeol wanting to be an idol too. He said that he wanted the two of you performing together.'

'Really Jongdae? Really? You're gonna bring this up now?' 

'What?' Jongdae said innocently. Then the whole office became more chaotic. They were saying that the new trainee is here. Everyone readied themselves but obviously waiting for the elevators to open. And it did. All heads turned to the opening of doors. 

Oh. God.

'Jongdae.' I whishpered to Jongdae.

'Yeah. Yeah.' He whispered back.

'Is it?'

'Looks like him..'

-

The trainee entered the office of our CEO then after a few minutes the CEO and the trainee came out and introduced him

'Everyone. This is the new member of the family. He came from the States but he's 100% Korean. He will be undergoing special training starting tomorrow. Introduce youself.' 

He removed his sunglasses. 'Hello. I'm D.O. D.O Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you all.' Kyungsoo greeted and bowed. 

And me and Jongdae just stared at Kyungsoo like we've seen a ghost. 

It did cross my mind that Kyungsoo could be the new trainee but I'm still surprised since from what I recall, he wanted to be a chef. I snapped out of my thoughts when the CEO called me

'Baekhyun can you give DO a tour of the building.' He said.

'But sir. I have tons of things to do. Can't it be Jongdae?' I protested.

Kyungsoo looked at me and said 'Hi Baekhyun.'

'Ah. You two know each other?'

'Uhh..' I start to say then Kyungsoo said 'We're old friends. Right Baek?'

'Right.' I said unsure of my answer.

'So it's settled then. Give him a tour and go over his schedule for this week.' The CEO said then went back to his office.

-

We went to the floor of the practice rooms. I toured him silently. Stopping when people greeted me and talked to me. 

'So these are the recording studios. There are three of this. Room A is the biggest. And it's where the bands usually record.' I said as we pass by the recording studios.

'There are four practice rooms here. A is where the trainees usually go.' Then I entered the room. Sehun was teaching the trainees right now but he stopped when he saw me then approached me.

'Hey Baekhyunie.' He said and was about to hug me when Kyungsoo stepped into the room. So Sehun stepped back, surprised then said 'K-Kyungsoo?'

'Hi Sehun.'

'W-What...' I know what he was about to ask so I cut him off and said 'He's the new trainee I was telling you about.'

'Oh. Oh! Really? Wow. I never thought that you wanted to be an idol.' Still trying to mask the surprise look on his face  

'Well. Dreams change.' He shrugged 'How are you Sehun?' Kyungsoo asked.

'I'm great. I'm a choreographer here and I co-own a dance studio.'

'Wow. Really?! That's great!! So how are you and Luhan hyung?' 

'Oh. Uhm. We're not together anymore.'

'What?? Why?'

'Uhmm.. things happened. Heh. Hey, I need to get back to teaching. It's great seeing you again.'

'Yeah you too.' Then Sehun went back and we continued on our way.

'So this is room B. This is where you'll practice dancing tomorrow at 630 in the morning.'

'Wow. That's too early. Will Sehun teach me too?' 

'Uhm. No. He has a lot of students right now. I'm not sure who will be your teacher though  I guess, they are still deciding.'

We continued walking.

'This is the dining hall. There's a cafe and restaurant inside. Everyone eats here if you don't wanna go out and eat. Food are not allowed inside the offices and the practice rooms but sometimes people sneak in food.'

'Then this is the entertainment room. There are arcade games, billiards, darts, karaoke.'

'Seriously?' Kyungsoo said while scanning the room

'Yeah. It's the place where everyone unwinds whenever it becomes stressful. Even Siwon. I mean the CEO goes here.' 

'Cool.' 

'Oh. And in the dining hall you can also cook there if you want. I just remembered since you like cooking.'

'Oh. Right. Thanks.' 

We continued our tour. 

'And this is the hall of fame. It is where all the posters and albums of every artist in this company are located. Then at the end of the hall, the artist that had contributed a lot of money for this company is recognized and his or her picture is hung there.' 

'Seriously? They do that?'

'Yeah. They work really hard just to get hung at the end of the wall. Apparently it's very prestigious.' I said. 

'So that's it. If you have any questions just ask me. So like I said your first schedule for tomorrow is in practice room B at 630 am onwards. You have a lunch break at 12 to 230. Then you will meet with a vocal instructor at recording studio B. That's it I think.' I said. 

'Thanks.' 

'Sure. It's my job. Nice seeing you Kyungsoo.' then I started to walk away when Kyungsoo said 'I never blamed you Baekhyun.'

I turned, surprised and said 'Really? Because it looks like you did.'

'I know right? But I didn't. I never did.'

'Then why did you never said goodbye to any of us except Jongin.'

Kyungsoo was about to answer when his phone rang. He answered his phone then stopped and said 'Nice seeing you again Baekhyun. It would be great to see the others sometime. Sorry but I gotta take this.' Then he walked away.

-

'You sure you don't wanna come with?' I asked Jongdae. I was heading out to meet with Minseok, and Tao.

'Are you kidding? It's like your mini bad boy reunion. Go have fun. Oh by the way, why isn't Jongin coming?'

'Oh Krystal wanted to go somewhere and she dragged Jongin with him. Poor guy.'

'Dang. I bet he'll be so surprised tomorrow.'

'You bet. Anyway, I gotta go. Bye.' 

-

'Hey guys!' Tao said. 

'Hey.' Me and Minseok said simultaneously.

'Why do you look so glum? Are you not happy to see me?'

'Of course we are. It's just that...where are all the free stuff that you get in modeling? You said you're gonna give us some.' Minseok said.

'Ya. You could've hid your disappointment. I left it in the car. I'll just give it later.' 

'Yes!' Me and Minseok said simultaneously again. 

We talked about what's happening in our lives  

'So Tao, do you have a special someone in your life right now?' I asked.

'Nope.'

'Are you serious? Still? Isn't it lonely?' Minseok said

'No it's not. I'm focusing on my career right now. And lovelife is just a distraction.'

'No it's not. It's fun. Except when you're fighting or when keeping secrets.' I said.

'Why? Are you and Sehun fighting?' Minseok asked.

'No. I'm just stating when it's not fun to be in a relationship. But other than that it's fun. Having someone to make you feel special.' 

'Through all the years that we've been friends, I have never seen Tao with a special someone.' Minseok said.

'Yeah! That's right! Are you aual or something?'

'Hahahaha. You guys are funny.' Tao chuckled. 

'Then why is it that we have never seen you with anyone?' Minseok asked.

'Do you really wanna know the truth?' We just looked at him and waited for to add an response. 'Everytime I like someone it's either they are taken or not in my league or doesn't like me back.' 

'Likeeee?' I asked.

'Uhm. I'd rather not tell.' 

'Oh come on Tao. We're friends aren't we?' Minseok said. 

'Fine.' Tao sighed then continued. 'Sehun.' he looked at me but I have my poker face on and he continued. 'I started to like Sehun back then when we started to become close. Then it hurt when he used me to make Luhan jealous. But that was my fault because I suggested that to him. Then it hurt more when you and him became an item because you were my friend and it crossed my mind that me and Sehun have been close friends for a long time and never once did we had a something.'

Me and Minseok were silent after what Tao said. I just didn't know what to say. 

'Tao, I didn't know that you had feelings for him' I said. 'If I had then I wouldn't have...' I didn't know how to finish my sentence.

'Byun. It's all in the past. I don't have any feelings for Sehun anymore. No more lingering feelings. So don't feel guilty. You didn't know and I didn't want anyone to know.'

'But still..'

'No. Baek. It's okay really. Let's stop talking about my sad love life and talk about something else.'

We started to talk about something else when I mentioned that Kyungsoo is back. 

'He is?' Minseok said.

'Yeah. He's the new trainee that we have. Except he's getting special training and won't train with the others.'

'No way. He's an idol now? I thought he wanted to be a world-class chef.' Minseok said.

'Yeah I thought so too. He said that dreams change.' 

'Actually, he is a chef. He is the co-owner of the two restaurants of Joonmyeon hyung in the states.' Tao said.

'Seriously? And you never thought to mention that?' I asked.

'Well, he said to keep it a secret. We've been in touch with Kyungsoo for quite some time now. But we never talk about his family or anything related to that.' 

'Then why did he want to be an idol?' Minseok asked

'That I don't know.'

'Oh and he is starting his training tomorrow. And guess what.. Jongin is gonna be his choreographer.' I said.

'Oh. This will be fun.' Tao said. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LALALALA. Hi. So Kyungsoo's back :) Can you believe it.. he's gonna be an idol! HAHAHA. LOL. :))

So just tell me your thoughts on this story.. if it or if it's good. I welcome criticisms :) 

VOTE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE :)

Have a nice day!! :)