Movie date

The Moment I Knew

It's been two days since Baekhyun and Sehun have seen each other and now they will be seeing each other since Kyungsoo invited everyone to go out but Baekhyun was not in the mood so he just invited everyone in his house. 

Everyone was there except for Kyungsoo

'Where's Kyungsoo? He's the one who wanted to meet us why is he not here?' Jongdae said. Then just on cue the doorbell rang. Baekhyun went to open the door and everything around him stopped. 

'Chanyeol.' Baekhyun said. He moved to make way for Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and everyone just stared and surprised. 

'He really is alive.' Jongdae said. 

'Fcking can't believe it.' Tao said. Chanyeol just looked at them because he didn't know what to say. Baekhyun walked closer to Chanyeol, looked at him for a second then he punched him hard. Then walked out to the garden. 

Everyone was surprised especially Chanyeol. 'What did I do?' Chanyeol said innocently.

'Don't mind him. He's hormonal.' Jongdae joked to break the ice. Kyungsoo introduced everyone starting from the people he doesn't know much. Then it came to Lay, Luhan and Sehun. When it was their turn they hugged him because of course they missed their best friend. Even though Sehun was hurting, he still missed his best friend who he told everything to. Then they all talked about how they became friends and their parts on Chanyeol's life but of course Chanyeol told them that he remembers most of his childhood so he remembers them. Chanyeol looked at the garden and asked 'What about him? Who was Baekhyun in my life?'

'You know his name?' Luhan asked.

'I met him and Sehun when I was on a date with Taeyeon.' So they told him who Baekhyun was. Then he went to the boy who punched him.

'Can I sit here?' Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun just nodded.

'Why are you out here?' Chanyeol asked.

'I'm just not in the mood. Why are YOU here?'

'I just wanted to tell you that you punched me so hard. It hurt.' 

'Oh. Sorry.'

'It was just like the first time we met.' Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with wide eyes. 'You remember?' 

'I only have bits and pieces but I remember how we met. We were from a party and we went to a warehouse that you owned then we fought.' 

'What else do you remember?'

'I kind of remember my childhood. How I became friends with the three. But that's the only thing I remember about you. After you punched me awhile ago that part came back to me. So maybe if I do things that can remind me of the past then maybe I'll remember.'

'Oh.' Then there was silence. 

'I'm sorry Baekhyun.'

'For what?'

'They all told me everything. and I feel like you're the one who is hurting the most. Seeing that you're out here and not in there then I guess that I'm right. Then you punched me. So I'm sorry.' Baekhyun didn't say anything but when Chanyeol looked at him he saw the boy beside him crying. 'Why are you crying?' Baekhyun quickly wiped away his tears and said 'N-nothing.' 

Chanyeol held Baekhyun's face between his two hands and wiped away the shorter's tears. 'Please don't cry in front of me. I'm sorry.' The shorter just stared at the taller, both realizing what the taller has done they both moved away from each other. 

What the two don't know is that from inside the house Sehun was watching them. He was watching them the moment Chanyeol went out to Baekhyun. He may not hear what they were talking about but he was still hurting. He wanted to take Baekhyun away from Chanyeol but he feels like he doesn't have the right to. So he just watched silently.

'Baekhyun. Do you wanna go out tomorrow night?' Chanyeol asked.

'What?'

'There's this movie I wanna watch.'

'Oh I don't know, I have a boyfriend.'

'Oh you do?' Chanyeol said surprisingly.

'They didn't tell you? Did they tell you what happened after you were gone?'

'No. I went out here. But I'm inviting you as just friends.' Chanyeol stood up. 'I better go. I need to be early at work tomorrow. So tomorrow night okay? You could invite the others too.'

'Okay. So friends?' Baekhyun reached out his hand and Chanyeol shook it 'Friends.'

-

Baekhyun and Sehun didn't get to talk to each other last night because Sehun went home early. Today, they bumped on each other when Baekhyun was heading out of the dining hall and Sehun was just coming in. They stopped and stood their awkwardly.

'Sehun.'

'Baekhyun.'

'They said simultaneously. 'Can we talk?' Baekhyun asked. He didn't wait for Sehun to answer and just walked to the rooftop.

'Sehun, are we okay?'

'I don't know. Can you answer that question yourself?' Baekhyun just sighed.

'Chanyeol asked us all out to the movies later. Jongdae and Minseok are coming. The others are busy. How about you, can you come?' Sehun just looked at Baekhyun. pondering on whether he should go with them or not.

'You go. I'm not in the mood to go out.' Then Sehun walked away but Baekhyun called him 'Sehun, I love you, you know that right?.' Sehun stopped for a second but continued walking away.

-

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are waiting for Minseok and Jongdae in front of the ticket booth but they are nowhere to be seen. Baekhyun called Jongdae

'Ya Kim Jongdae. Where are you? The movie's about to start!' 

'I'm really sorry, Baek but we can't come. Something suddenly came up. Minseok's parents are here and you know that they don't like me. So we can't go. Good luck on your date!' Then Jongdae hung up.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and said 'They can't come. Minseok's parents surprised them.'

'Oh. Okay. It's just us two then.'

-

They bought one big popcorn and two sodas and went inside the cinema. They're watching a romance film. They were so into watching that they both moved to get popcorn and their hands touched inside the popcorn bucket. They didn't move for a few seconds because they were surprised but Baekhyun was the one who moved his hand away first and continued on watching the film. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun then continued watching too. 

The movie ended with a happy ending and when Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, he was tearing up.

'Baekhyun? Why are you crying?' 

'Huh?' Baekhyun said surprisingly then wiped away his tears. 'It's nothing. I just cry at happy endings. Weird right.' Baekhyun laughed at himself. Chanyeol just smiled and moved his hand to wipe away Baekhyun's tears. The shorter was surprised by the actions of the taller and just looked at him. He must've realized what he's done so he quickly moved away his hand then he cleared his throat. 

'Wanna eat dinner?' Chanyeol asked.

'Sure. But your treat. You owe me for a lot of years.'  Baekhyun joked

They went to a restaurant. They ordered food. They talked about the things that happened between them, how Chanyeol wooed him and how they bickered. They were talking comfortably about the past and things that happened to Baekhyun after

'So you never mentioned who your boyfriend is.'

'Oh. Uhm. It's Sehun.'

'Really?!' Chanyeol said surprised. 'Sehun? My bestfriend Sehun? How? When?' Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol's reaction and he told him about him and Sehun's story. 

'Ya. Baekhyun. Why'd you do that?'

'Sehun charmed his way through my heart. There's nothing I could do.' Baekhyun grinned

'But still.. So how long?'

'How long what?'

'His .' Baekhyun choked while drinking his water and Chanyeol just laughed out loud. 'Baekhyun how long have you been dating?' He asked, still laughing. Baekhyun's face was flushed. 

'That's not a good joke.'

'As if you don't know how long his is.' Chanyeol chuckled. 

'Whatever.' Baekhyun rolled his eyes then answered,  'Three years. We've been dating for three.' 

'Woah. Three years is a  long time. Any plans on getting married?' Baekhyun just smiled. But Chanyeol saw that the shorter's smile was a sad one. 

'So how about you, what happened to you in the last seven years?' Baekhyun asked to avoid Chanyeol's question.

'I played the guitar in Kyungsoo's band. I play basketball every now and then but I'm not in a varsity team. I focused more on my studies since I need good grades for pre-med. Well now, I'm a doctor. I'm a neurosurgeon. Med school was hard for me but I got through since my parents expect me to be a good surgeon like them. I had a fiance but we grew apart. I came back here to support my brother's debut  . And oh! I saw you during the artists' concert.'

'That was you? I knew I wasn't hallucinating!!'

'You saw me? You saw me even though there was a lot of people there?' 

'Well, you were in the front row. It's not that hard to not see. But why'd you disappear?'

'Oh. I got called to the hospital.'

'Wow. I never pegged you for a doctor much less a neurosurgeon. You're like high and mighty now. I remember when we both wanted to go to the same music school after high school.' Then Baekhyun added 'wait you said you were the guitarist in Kyungsoo's band? Omygod. Were you backstage during his showcase?' 

'Yeah, I did want to be a singer but I don't know, dreams change. how did you know I was there?'

'I bumped into you! Then Kyungsoo told me that you were just some guy from his band. I thought you were his secret boyfriend'

Chanyeol chuckled as he recalled how he was able to go in the backstage.'Oh yeah. I remember bumping into someone. Your security backstage should reallybe tight.'

'How did you get in?'

'I had my ways.' there was a moment of silence then Chanyeol asked 'Why didn't you become a singer?' 

'Stage fright. I will never get over that.'

'You have stage fright? Please. You were great out there, performing is like your second nature. You'd be like the number one idol if you debut right now.' 

'Whatever.' Baekhyun said jokingly. 'I'm happy with my job. It's all where I wanna be.'

'Is it really all you ever wanna be?' 

'What do you mean?'

'Nothing. I'm just kidding. Are you still mad at Kyungsoo?'

'So, do you have a special someone in your life right now?' Baekhyun asked as he avoided Chanyeol's question.

'You really like avoiding questions don't you. Don't be mad at him. I know it was hard when you thought I was gone but he didn't have a choice but to keep it a secret. It was our parents and your father's wish.'

'You don't know how hard it was Chanyeol. You died in front of my eyes. I blamed myself for years. Even now. I lost you and your friends thought they lost their bestfriend so I'm sorry if I'm mad. I'm sorry if it's hard for me to forgive him.'

'Okay okay. Point taken. So to answer your previous question.. I don't have a special someone but I think I'm starting to.' Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol 'So who? Do I know that person? Is it a girl or a boy?'

'You.' Baekhyun just stared at Chanyeol and then the taller laughed 'Jeez. I'm kidding. Lighten up Baek.'

'Not a good joke.' Then he stuck his tongue out. 'Do you really not remember anything?'

'Why? Do you think I'm lying?'

'No. It just seems like you never had an amnesia. It's like you remember everything.'

'Didn't Kyungsoo tell you that I have some memories but only bits and pieces.. But I remember a lot now. Ever since we came back here, there are memories that came back to me. But I still don't remember everything. That's why when you and Sehun approached me the other night you two were somewhat familiar but I don't remember who you two are exactly.'

'Oh.'

'Why? Afraid that I'll take you away and don't give you back to Sehun? Trust me. You'll know if I'd do that.' Baekhyun was just silent. Chanyeol keeps joking with him but he can't seem to laugh at his kind of joke. 

'Let's go Yeol. It's late already.' Chanyeol paid the bill and insisted on taking Baekhyun home. They drove to Baekhyun's house in silence and when they arrived Baekhyun immediately got out of the car but stopped and said 'Thanks for tonight. I had a great time. Let's do it again sometime.'

'Yeah. Let's do this again.' And Baekhyun watched Chanyeol drive away. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read this update :)