Surprise surprise

The Moment I Knew

'Oh hey Jongin just wanted to stop by before you teach the new kid.' I dropped by practice room B because I wanted to wish Jongin good luck. HAHAHA.

'Oh hey Byun. So how is the new kid? Is he any good?' 

'They say that he is. But you could be the judge of that, you'll get to meet him in a while!'

'Yeah yeah. So why are you early? You usually go to work at 8.'

'Yeah. I was excited to go to work to wish you good luck.' I grinned at him

'Why would you want to wish me good luck? He's horrible isn't it? Bad attitude? Ugly? Bratty?' 

'You'll know. You'll soon know. Anyway, I'll leave you to it. Got to go. Good luck Kim Jongin.' I laughed and then left the room. I saw Kyungsoo walking down the hall 

'Good morning D.O Kyungsoo. You're early.' I said cheerily

'Yeah. Didn't wanna be late to leave a bad first impression.' 

'Oh you won't. But good luck to you. I hear the choreographer is strict.'

'Thanks. Let's eat together later.'

'Sure! I'll bring Sehun and Jongdae. Well off you go now. It's almost 630. Don't wanna be late.' I said in a sing-song voice  

-

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Kyungsoo was relieved to see Baekhyun before he entered the practice room. He was actually nervous because dancing was not really his forte but then Baekhyun made him more nervous by saying that the choreographer was strict. Damn. 

He entered the practice room and saw that the choreographer was texting. 

'Good morning.' Kyungsoo greeted then went to the back to put his bag. Jongin looked up and saw that the new trainee was putting his bag so he couldn't see the face.

'G'morning. You're early.'

'Didn't want to have a bad first impression by being late.' Kyungsoo said while rummaging through his bag. 

'Why? Overcompensating for your lack of dancing skills?' Jongin joked still texting.

'Yeah. So I'm apologizing in advance.' Kyungsoo chuckled. He finally faced in front and said 'So what are we gonna do?' Jongin lifted his head up to look at the new trainee when their eyes met Jongin dropped his phone of shock.

'Kai.' 'Kyungsoo.' They both said at the same time.

Jongin realized that he dropped his phone so he quickly bent down to get it and placed it in his bag but still dazed.

Kyungsoo, stunned, still hadn't moved from his place. I think he even forgot to breathe anymore. 

'Y-you. You're the new trainee?' Jongin asked. Kyungsoo just nodded. 

'Oh.'

There was an awkward moment of silence. they don't know if they should act like they know each other, or if it's the first time they met and act like teacher and student. Jongin decided to act as normal as possible. 

'Uhm, let's start?' Jongin said.

'Okay.' 

They started with the stretching first. Kyungsoo is not that stiff so stretching was something he can do. Then comes the teaching of simple dance steps. It started off okay but when they got to the hard steps..Kyungsoo was struggling, Jongin was frustrated but he couldn't help but laugh.

'Ya. Kai. Don't laugh.' 

'Sorry.' Jongin said while laughing. 'And don't call me Kai. That's not me anymore. Call me Jongin.'

'Alright. Ugh. Let's take a break please. We've been dancing for hours.'

'We're not even halfway there yet.'

'Please?'

'Fine. 10-minute break. I'll just go to the restroom.' And Jongin left the room. Jongin was nervous while teaching Kyungsoo because he's still dumbfounded and he thinks that he might make a mistake. But he's a professional and he needs to get through it. Kyungsoo on the other hand has his hand over his heart and could feel his pulse racing. Not just because of the dancing but because of Jongin. 

Jongin saw Baekhyun in the restroom too. Baekhyun grinned when he saw Jongin enter.

'How was it?' Baekhyun said while laughing

'You little freak. You knew and you didn't tell me.' Jongin said.

'Now where's the fun in that my dear dear friend?' Baekhyun said teasingly.

'You bad bad friend.' 

'But seriously, how was it?' 

'It was fine at first then we got to the complicated parts and it was frustrating but entertaining.' Jongin chuckled. 

'No. Not that. How was it meeting him again after seven years? Is there still a spark?'

'There was never a spark Baek.'

'Of course there was. You just didn't work hard enough to make a fire.' 

'I'm not gay anymore.' 

'You can't just un-gay yourself. You can like the opposite and be biual but can never go straight again.'

'Comes from the guy who rejected being gay at first. And now you're an expert in being gay.' Jongin laughed.

'Whatever.' Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 'I gotta get back to work. And you gotta save your strength.'

-

Finally it was lunch time. Kyungsoo was exhausted and frustrated. Jongin was just frustrated. Jongin left first while Kyungsoo stayed because his body was aching. 

There was a knock on the door. 

'Hey Soo. Ready for lunch orrr do you just want to lie down there?' Kyungsoo immediately stood up and retrieved his bag.

'Lunch of course. I'm starving.'

'Where's Jongin though?' Kyungsoo shrugged and said 'By the way, why the hell didn't you tell me that my choreographer was Jongin?' 

'Now where's the fun in that? Isn't life more amazing when it's full of surprises?' Baekhyun chuckled.

'Oh whatever. You're right though. He is strict or maybe he is just frustrated with me.'

'He really is more strict compared to the others. Dancing is his passion, loves his job and works really really hard. Just like you in the kitchen..you were really strict back then.' 

They headed to the dining hall where Sehun and Jongdae were waiting. They sat down. With Baekhyun beside Sehun and Kyungsoo beside Jongdae. Baekhyun and Sehun almost kissed when they remembered that they didn't want Kyungsoo to know. So Baek just gave Sehun a pat on the back. 

 Jongdae chuckled at what the two did and they just looked at him as if saying you didn't see anything and never mention anything about us. Jongdae seems to get the message.

'So, what are you guys eating? Me and Sehun already ordered our food.' Jongdae said.

'Oh I ordered yours already Baek.' Sehun said.

'Thanks.' Baek smiled.

'Well, isn't that sweet?' Jongdae teased. 'What do you wanna eat Kyungsoo?' Jongdae asked.

'Hmm. I'll have kimchi jigae.' Jongdae called the waitress and ordered Kyungsoo's food. 

'Oh there's Jongin.' Sehun said. 'Jongin!' He called. Jongin headed towards them and sat beside Baekhyun. 

'Hey guys. I just took a quick shower and I saw Krystal so you know.' Jongin grinned. Jongdae secretly laughed again because he finds this whole situation funny. 

'How was dance class Kyungsoo?' Sehun asked.

'It was okay.' 

'Okay? You're suffering aren't you?' Sehun said

'No. Really it was okay. I'm just tired that's all.' Kyungsoo said. And Jongin scoffed.

'How about you Jongin..how was it teaching Kyungsoo?'

'Frustrating. Tiring. Exhausting.' 

'I'm sorry okay!' Kyungsoo exclaimed. 

'Chill guys.' Jongdae said. 'It'll get easier for both of you. You're both professionals so you two don't have any right to be mad at each other. Kyungsoo is taking this dance class because he needs to improve so don't go whining at us Jongin.' Jongdae scolded.

'Yes sir.' They both said.

'If you want we could just swap Jongin. I could just be the one to teach Kyungsoo.' Sehun offered. Kyungsoo was delighted by the idea but Jongin refused.

'I can do it Sehun. It's okay.' 

Their food came. They ate and told a lot of stories. Kyungsoo had a lot of catching up to do. 

Their lunch break ended and they headed to their workplaces. Jongdae, Sehun and Baekhyun left together while Jongin and Kyungsoo headed their separate ways. 

Sehun left with the two so that he could drop off Baekhyun at his office. Jongdae went inside first saying that he didn't wanna ruin the moment. 

'You know that we can't keep this from him forever right? We work in the same building. We have the same friends. We're in the same country.' Baekhyun said.

'I know. But we both know that it's not the right time.'

'Yeah I know. It's hard though. Like it's hard to control reflexes you know.'

'I know.' Sehun kissed Baekhyun on his forehead. Then they hugged. 

'Now go Sehun. Someone might see us. And your students are waiting.'