bang - birthday, call and reason

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish you're not bored yet with this certain Bang

birthday, call and reason

March 31st 2016, 11.19 PM

A tall man in wet short black hair walked out from his bathroom, fresh and cleans after such a long day. A small towel was atop his head, he brushed his hair while walking to his bed. A small smile formed when he saw a bunch of presents next to his bed. It was many, but he still had a mountain of it in TS Entertainment’s office. Oh yes, it’s all were his birthday gifts, Bang Yongguk’s birthday gifts.

Everything was scheduled from the morning. Let’s count it, first, he got a sudden party at midnight. He was suddenly thrown to the bathtub in the middle of his sleep by s and to add it, the water was so cold. He was so flustered that he almost punched Himchan when the consciousness suddenly hit him. They laughed, and he too, at the end. They brought him a cake, a cheesecake, which he believed Daehyun was in charge. And he ended up eating nothing at the end, he didn’t know who ate it, but there was a legit theory that Daehyun was again behind it. Well, it wasn’t a big deal though, celebrating his precious day with s was more than enough.

The morning came and he was scheduled for a small party with some lucky fans. Jongup and Zelo came also. It was fun. They wished him a happy birthday and they played some games. And he was really having fun. He might be all grinning and blushing the whole time, but everybody could tell he’s really happy today.

In the evening, he and his family had a routine birthday dinner with Yongnam sitting next to him. His sister, though, as the planner had prepared an interesting stuff for them. She, with force, put the twin sitting with birthday hat on their head and not only that, the color was just—Yongguk described as too much. Yongguk definitely protested while Yongnam enjoyed it so much. The parent though just laughed, seeing their kids had grown up with joy and happiness.

He wanted to close the day with a warm shower. He was happy, true, but still, he couldn’t lie that today took so much energy out of him.

To put this year birthday in one word, he would say it was complete. Seeing everyone looking so happy completed him. Compared to last year when he’s struggling over the lawsuit, this year was much better, way better.

—well, until a suspicious call came.

He just slid a clean tee to his body when he heard a familiar long buzz. Walking to his desk while fixing his tee he wondered if it would be another congratulatory call. He didn’t count, but today he surely got a lot of it.

It was an unfamiliar number though. He hesitated. It was no doubt he got some calls and texts from unfamiliar numbers, especially today, and apparently it was from TS Entertainment’s workers, idols, cordi team and some others. But then, it’s almost midnight, which was considered too late.

Well, giving a try won’t harm him either, right? He thought.

And when he was about to say hello, he heard a random mumbling. He frowned. It was definitely girl’s voice and unfortunately he wasn’t familiar with it. Her voice was too low and she sounded like rumbling.

Being surer, he called it a prank and decided to cut it without even greeting. But then he heard a familiar name was mentioned.

“… damn it, Jung Daehyun … I’m gonna kill you … ugh … you, betrayal …”

Now that he paid attention, he heard the girl mentioned Daehyun’s name. Being alarmed, Yongguk unconsciously stiffened his grip on the phone.

“Hello?” he tried.

“Oh …” the girl sounded surprised, “… it’s connected,” and then she chuckled. The voice was still unrecognizable.

“Who is this?” Yongguk continued.

“… me?” then she groaned, sounded pissed, “of course you … don’t know me,” she spoke, which sounded more like to herself than to him, “how can you know me … ugh, I’ll make … that Jung Daehyun pay for this … hic.”

“Excuse-me, Ahgassi are you alright?”

She didn’t sound right, the way she talked. The content, too, was bizarre. But Yongguk couldn’t leave it just like that when was mentioned. Was she one of Daehyun’s ex? It was his first guess. And if it’s correct, he surely needed to be alarmed.

“Ahgassi? … hic … you surely don’t know my name … hic... do you?”

“What?”

Should I know? Is she someone I know? Yongguk thought, now trying to recall Daehyun’s past girlfriends. And to be honest he failed right away. He didn’t know any of them. Daehyun could be one of nosy boys in the group but for relationship he surely knew how to shut close his mouth. That boy once said, it was important to keep everything untouched.

“I even gave him … Naeunie’s number … hic … and setting a date for them … hic ... YAH!” she stopped and he’s stiffened, “... I’m sorry … I’m not yelling … hic … at you.”

“Are you … drunk?” another reason to be alarmed. To think about it, the way she spoke, and those hiccups, it only led to one explanation.

“Hic … of course I am … You think I’m that stupid to … call you at such hour… hic… ” she stopped again, then he heard she’s slurping. It was perhaps another shot of alcohol. This wasn’t good. Yongguk started panicking. “… can you tell that bastard … Jung Daehyun … I mean. Tell him … YAH! JUST BECAUSE NAEUNIE REJECTED YOU, YOU SHOULDN’T AVOID ME, BASTARD! … hic … I’m not yelling at you … Yongguk-ssi.”

She knew him. It was confirmed.

And Naeun? The name sounded familiar. Was it that … Naeun? The Apink Naeun?

He quickly shook his head. It didn’t sound compelling. He considered informing Daehyun but then he wasn’t sure if cutting the call would be good. Daehyun was not in the dorm, he had a midnight radio program with Youngjae. And this girl was drunk, he’s afraid if she fell asleep when he called Daehyun.

He’s getting frustrated by now.

“Hic … he should pay me back …” she continued, “Yongguk-ssi … I wonder how you teach your boys. They should know give and take … hic … right? Aish, Ahjummaaa one more bottle jusaeyooo …”

“No no no, please don’t!” Without he realized he just stood up, “are you … outside?”

“Um. Well, it’s not the point though … my point is I want Daehyun to pay me back! Tell him to set … hic … us a date … just one date … can you tell him that?”

“What?”

“Ah … hic … right. You still don’t know me … do you? I should introduce myself …” again she stopped, this time he could hear a sound of moving chair, it didn’t make sense, and soon he heard a loud greeting. Is she just shouting? He couldn’t help but be more panicking.

“ANIONG HASSAEYO … I’M APINK JUNG EUNJI … PLEASE TAKE CARE OF ME …”

Unbelievable.

He’s sure she just shouted, yelling so loud. And it was definitely not a good thing.

“Eunji-ssi?”

And this one also didn’t make sense. That certain Jung Eunji? The popular Jung Eunji? What she’s doing outside the dorm at such hour? It’s dangerous. Did her friends or her manager know this?

All those thought filled his head. He immediately grabbed his jacket, trying to wearing it while keeping the call connected.

“Eunji-ssi, does your manager know you’re outside the dorm? Do you want me to call him? Are you … alone?”

“Slowly … slowly …” she spoke again and hiccupping again. “One more time, please …”

Damn it. She’s really drunk!

By now, Yongguk had grabbed his key car.

“Can you say it one more time … please.”

“I’ll pick you up, where are you?” he asked, now reaching his room’s door.

“Ani … please repeat it again …” she said, now sounded almost pleading. “Please …”

He stopped, didn’t have any better solution. Heaving deep, he then pushed his door while speaking, “Ok. Does your manager know you’re …”

“Not that, Ahjussi … hic … call my name again … with your voice … ‘Eunji-ssi’, like that … hic .. one more time jusaeyoooo … I’m gonna record it.”

“What?”

“Pweeeease …”

It was his birthday. He knew. He remembered.

Was this another prank made by s?

It’s not late to stop and just cut the call. He’s too tired to worrying a silly prank. And Jung Eunji? Well, he surely knew her. She wasn’t just a member of national girl group, she’s also a popular idol-actress. They had CF collaboration some years ago but it was long ago. It just didn’t make sense that she still remembered him.

And Daehyun? Ok. It could be true, maybe Eunji and Daehyun were friend without him knowing. There was a chance Eunji helping Daehyun with this nonsense prank.

“Hello?”

Another unfamiliar voice greeted and brought him back to reality. It sounded like an old woman. What was this again? He tried to not sighing.

“Yes?”

“Ah young man, Eunji-ya just passes out.”

Oh great!

 

The ahjumma Yongguk talked to on the phone was a pojagmacha owner, the place where Eunji was staying. She told him the location, It wasn’t that far from his apartment but not too close either. Yongguk swore if this was another stupid prank s set for his birthday he wouldn’t just shrug it off.

The ride took around twenty minutes. The street was quite empty, yet he needed to take some highway to get to the location. Not only that, he needed to walk some blocks away from where he parked his car. He was obviously new to this place. Even when it’s at the down town, he wasn’t familiar with this area. There were many night street food tents, he’s sure s would love this place if they knew, especially Daehyun with big appetite. Now back to the mission.

The pojagmacha owner said her place was across a small Japanese restaurant which was the only Japanese restaurant in that area. And he just found that. Good timing.

He fastened his speed. When he came inside the tent, he could immediately recognize Eunji. She was the only girl leaning her head on the table. And there were only four customers there, one was a couple and the others were men in suit, probably workers from around this place. Walking to her table, he wondered if Jung Eunji went to this kind of place often. It didn’t seem like a convenient place for a celebrity like her. People could easily recognize her.

And to talk about it, those four people, three men and one woman, now looked at him. Great. He bowed automatically, remembering when Eunji shouted on the phone.

One old man smiled at him.

“Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone,” he said, seemingly recognizing either Eunji or him as a celebrity.

The young woman added, “you should take care of her, she looks messy.”

And Yongguk could only smile, feeling somehow apologetic. He bowed one more time while answering them with a short yes and thank you. Now, standing next to her, Bang Yongguk still couldn’t believe it’s really Jung Eunji who just gave him a sudden call.

He bent down, carefully grabbing her arm, shaking her body lightly while trying to wake her up.

“Eunji-ssi, wake up, let’s go home,” softly he spoke yet got no answer.

He tried again and soon the owner came.

“It’s not usual,” she said.

“Ye?” Yongguk immediately lifted his body, bowing short before the ahjumma continued.

“Usually she would stop after two or three bottles, but look at her today, aigoo… Are you guys fighting?”

Ok. This got too far, he believed this ahjumma had misinterpreted them and apparently ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter