The New Working Relationship

She is not my dongsaeng

Gary get off his car cheerfully when he reached the RM filming site.  He was wearing his Leessang cap, his sunglasses and big hip hop T-shirt and jeans.

“Oh…the Americano and sandwich for Ji Hyo.” Gary reached for the breakfast he bought for Ji Hyo.

“Who’s car is that? The black car BMW.” Kwang Soo and Jae Suk also arrived at the filming site. At the same time, there was a black BMW that drove into the carpark. 

“Jong Kok hyung’s car?” Gary made a wild guess while standing behind Kwang Soo and Jae Suk.

“Gary Hyung, good morning.” Kwang Soo bowed.

“Jae Suk Hyung, morning. Kwang Soo morning.” Gary bowed at Jae Suk and patted Kwang Soo on his back.

“Oh, Ji Hyo noona. Is that Ji Hyo noona in the car?” Kwang Soo kept pointing at the passenger seat.

The driver came out of the car and open the passenger door. A man wearing a business shirt and a jacket stepped out of the car. He then went over to Ji Hyo’s side of the car to open the door for Ji Hyo. At the same time, the driver went to the boot to retrieve Ji Hyo’s makeup bag and her backpack.

“Tae Han Ssi, I can handle these myself.” Ji Hyo quickly went to the boot to help.

“Ji Hyo Ssi. Let Tae Han do it. He will be your personal assistant before En Na comes back.” The man in business shirt reminded Ji Hyo in his deep and husky voice.

“This voice. I thought I knew this voice.” Gary thought. He quickly took off his sunglasses to take a better look at that man.

It was Baek Chang Ju.

“That was the CEO of the agency that Ji Hyo just signed up with?” Kwang Soo asked.

“Jae Suk Oppa, Gary Oppa, Kwang Soo, good morning.” Ji Hyo saw her RM members, she ran towards them excitedly.

"Ji Hyo, you look good today. You wore makeup!" Jae Suk teased Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo usually comes to the RM filming with messy hair and no make up since the stylist will take care of these.

Baek Chang Ju and Ji Hyo’s new personal assistant, Tae Han also greeted the RM members.

“Jae Suk Ssi, Gary Ssi, Lee Kwang Soo Ssi.” Baek Chang Ju shake each of the members’ hand. 

Gary was about to hand Ji Hyo’s breakfast to her when Baek Chang Ju asked Ji Hyo to bring him to the RM PDs and crew.

“I should say hello to the rest of the staffs.” Baek Chang Ju said.

“OK CEO Baek, let’s go. This way please.”  Ji Hyo lead the way.

“Ji Hyo Ssi…..Ji Hyo…I mean is better for me to call you Ji Hyo. I had wanted to tell you this. Let’s drop the formality. You call me Oppa Chang Ju instead of CEO Baek.” Baek Chang Ju told Ji Hyo.

“Oh…I can call you oppa?” Ji Hyo asked shyly.

“Yes, of course you can.” Baek Chang Ju beamed at Ji Hyo.

“Gary Hyung, Let’s go to find our stylist. Gary hyung, HYUNG!” Kwang Soo almost screamed into Gary’s ears.

“OK OK. I got it. Don’t shout at my ears.” Gary rubbed his ears and followed Kwang Soo and Jae Suk to the tent where their sytlists were waiting.

Gary’s eyes followed Ji Hyo and Baek Chang Ju as they moved around. Ji Hyo was introducing her new CEO and new personal assistant to the crew.

Baek Chang Ju stayed on to watch the filming of the opening. After the opening was done, he bided good bye to Ji Hyo and reminded Tae Han to take good care of Ji Hyo.


Tae Han was following Ji Hyo like a shadow whenever the camera is off. The only time that Ji Hyo was left alone was when she was changing her clothes in the changing room.

“Hyung, you did not talk much to Ji Hyo today.” Haha asked Gary during lunch break.

“Yes, I don’t have a chance to pass her the Americano and sandwich.” Gary sighed.

“Gary Oppa, you got Americano for me?” Ji Hyo walked over with her lunch box. She sat next to Gary while Tae Han sat opposite Ji Hyo.

“Oh….yes, Ji Hyo ar…I got you breakfast this morning. But the Americano has gone cold. Can’t drink it anymore. The sandwich, I will leave it for breakfast tomorrow.” Gary said. Gary mood became lighter immediately as he finally get to talk to Ji Hyo.

“Gary Oppa, I need the Americano. I skipped coffee this morning since I need to get my makeup done. I left the house in a hurry to meet CEO Baek at the agency office before coming for the filming. Can I have the Americano please?” Ji Hyo whined, she looked at Gary with puppy eyes.
 

“Ji Hyo……” Gary couldn’t help it but grinned at the cute looking Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo Ssi….shall I buy coffee for you? I think the nearest café is 20 minutes’ drive from here.” Tae Han offered his services.

“Oh, Tae Han, it will be nice if you can do that. But please finish your lunch first. Can you also check with the other RM members what they want to drink? My treat. Haha Oppa and Gary Oppa, what do you want? Coffee? Hot chocolate or?” Ji Hyo generously asked.

“No no, Ji Hyo, no ….” Gary wanted to offer to buy the drinks instead. He actually thought of getting his personal assistant to get the drinks.

“Tae Han, please ask Jae Suk and Suk Jin oppa first. Thank you.” Ji Hyo cut Gary on his conversations and winked at Gary.  Tae Han quickly finished his lunch and left the table to arrange for the drinks.

“Oppa, let Tae Han do it. He has been following me like a shadow since this morning. Can’t breathe. I mean I know that he is just doing his job, but I thought he is overdoing it. He is very unlike to En Na who always give me my space.” Ji Hyo explained.

“Yes, Ji Hyo. I think there is no need for Tae…..” Gary couldn't remember the name.

“Tae Han.” Ji Hyo reminded Gary.

“Yes, Tae Han to follow you whenever you go and don’t you think it is sort of inconvenient to get a guy as your assistant? He can be your body guard but I thought it is more appropriate to get a female assistant for you.”  Gary had wanted to tell Ji Hyo this since this morning. He felt uneasy to have a guy always at Ji Hyo’s side.

“Gary Oppa, I had the same thoughts too. I shall talk to CEO Baek….I mean Chang Ju Oppa about it though Tae Han is just helping me temporary till En Na comes back.” Ji Hyo nodded as she put a spoonful of rice into .

“Chang Ju Oppa, Chang Ju oppa.” Gary pouted his lips as he heard these. The words “Chang Ju Oppa” were not pleasure to Gary’s ears at all.

Gary quickly pretend to drink his soup when Ji Hyo continued to talk to Gary.

“I wonder what happened to En Na. It was already 2 weeks since I last heard from her. Her sister said that she hurt her ankle, couldn’t walk. Yet, she told me no need to visit En Na. I felt so bad that I couldn't shower En Na with care..” Ji Hyo started to confide to Gary and Haha.

“Maybe En Na knows that you are busy. She does not want you to take the trouble.” Gary tried to comfort Ji Hyo. He put his hand over Ji Hyo’s, giving it a squeeze. Ji Hyo smiled at Gary gratefully.

“Yah…these 2.” Haha turned away, pretending to play with his phone.

“Gary Ssi and Haha Ssi, what drinks do you want?” Tae Han came back with a paper in his hand. Gary speedily removed his hand from Ji Hyo’s.

“CEO Baek says he will buy this round of drinks for everyone. I knew of a café who can do delivery.” Tae Han explained.

“Er…you told Chang Ju Oppa?” Ji Hyo asked with a mong expression on her face.

“Yes, Ji Hyo Ssi. CEO Baek happened to call to check on the filming status. So I told him.” Tae Han said.

Gary could tell that Ji Hyo was not happy by looking at her now sullen face.  Gary also felt worried and disturbed by how Baek Chang Ju and Tae Han were acting.

“Are they spying on Ji Hyo? Or they are trying to control what Ji Hyo is doing?” Gary has no answers. However he promised himself that he will keep an eye on Ji Hyo to ensure that she is not bullied or abused by anyone