At The Club

She is not my dongsaeng

The real live couple moments did not last too long for Gary and Ji Hyo. After the Bangkok trip, both of them went back to their busy schedule. Even when Gary has any free time, he will be dragged to the clubs by his music and hip hop buddies or play basketball, do roller skating throughout the night. Ji Hyo will be busy reading her scripts, catching up with her beauty sleep and meeting up with her own group of friends who were mostly people not in the entertainment industry.

Monday is the only time where Gary and Ji Hyo could meet.

“Hyung, stop stealing glances at Ji Hyo. If you really like her, confess to her. There must be someone to initiate the first step in a relationship” Haha had not only once encouraged Gary to take the step forward. But every time Gary just responded with a shy smile, following by blushing from his face to his ears.

Gary did put in serious thoughts about starting a relationship with Ji Hyo but there were too many considerations.

“Am I good enough for her? She is so pretty and yet I am so ugly. Will I be an obstacle to her career? Monday couple started with criticism from mine and her fans. What if she rejects me? This will affects our on screen chemistry. What if we started dating and finally it does not work out? Will this affects Running Man and the other members? Will anyone of us be asked to leave the show?” Too many questions flashed across Gary’s mind. He has no answers for any of these questions.

“Am I ready for marriage? What if it does work out and Ji Hyo wanted to get married? Ya! Kang Gary, you are crazy. Your relationship with Ji Hyo had not even started and you are thinking about marriage. Stress!” More and more questions flooded into Gary’s mind. He started drawing hearts over his writing pad. He was supposed to be working on his lyrics but all he could think of is Song Ji Hyo.

For Ji Hyo, she does like Gary. But she does not have much time to think about things between Gary and herself since En Na was always on medical leave. Ever since En Na recovered from measles, her health had declined much. Very often Ji Hyo has to check and arrange on her own schedule, negotiate with filming contracts with production companies and advertising companies, pick up calls from PDs, drives on her own to the filming sites. All these had added onto her current workload. With En Na around, what Ji Hyo needs to do is just focus on her role as an entertainer.

“Maybe I should just sign on with an agency, so at least if En Na is not around, the agency can assign someone else to help.” Ji Hyo stared at the mess she has on her bed, the scripts for her drama, the rundown for Running Man filming, her makeup and clothes. En Na was down with a flu and could not come over to Ji Hyo’s place to help her to prepare for tomorrow’s Running Man filming.

Also, there were rumours that Gary was a flirt. It was said that Gary spend most of his time in 2 places, his studio and the clubs. He would visit the club every day and many would witness him drinking with his crew and buddies, also dancing and flirting with girls. All these made Ji Hyo doubted Gary.

“Stress!” Ji Hyo pushed everything off and threw herself on the bed. “Stress? Oh, I sound like Gary hyung….Oppa.” Ji Hyo laughed at herself.

“Maybe I should go out for a drink or dance at the club. Just to relax. It’s only 8:00 pm now, I still have time and can pack these stuffs later when I am home.” After staring at the ceiling for 5 minutes. Ji Hyo decided to hop down to a club and enjoy herself to some drinks, music and dance.


Gary was dancing with some fan girls and his crew at the Club 99, a private club which only entertain members, when he saw a crowd of men swarming towards the entrance of the club.

“Hyung, seems someone pretty and famous had visited the club. Aren’t you interested to take a look?” One of Gary’s dongsaeng asked Gary.

“Nope, I am good here. Nice drinks, pretty girls, y girls. All here.” Gary joked, pointing at the girls surrounding him and raised his glass of wine and toasted with the girls.

“Gary, is Song Ji Hyo. Your on screen girlfriend.” Gil shook Gary’s arm.

Gary almost choked on his wine when he heard that. He turned around and there she was. His Monday girlfriend.

Ji Hyo was in a black lace print sleeveless vintage short dress. The dress is able to bring out her curvy figure and slender legs. Her hair was twisted up in a pony tail. There wasn’t much makeup on her face but her pinkish lips look glossy and kissable. Ji Hyo smiled and bow at the people she sees. Most of the men in the club had their eyes pinned on her.

“Wow, hour glass figure. I never knew that Song Ji Hyo could look so y and at the same time so approachable.  Gary hyung, your on screen girlfriend looks pretty and delicious. Do you think she will consider a one night stand with me?” One of the guys from Gary’s crew made a comment.

“Ya! What are you talking about? What delicious? What hour glass figure? ONE NIGHT STAND? How dare you say that. Swallow your dirty words back into your mouth!” Gary roared at the guy, glared at him and hit him hard on his head.

“Hyung, I am just joking, Cool it! She is not your real girlfriend.” The guy yelled.

“Don’t you ever have dirty thoughts on her.” Gary grabbed the guy’s collar and warned him.

“Cool it, cool it.” Gil, the rest of the crew and the girls around them, came to calm down Gary.


Ji Hyo was given a table at the corner. As she looked around, she was surprised to see Gary a few tables away and was surrounded by some guys and a bunch of girls. One of the girls was holding on to Gary’s arm and another was holding on to one side of his shoulders. (They were actually trying to pull him back from grabbing that guy’s collar again but Gary’s strength was too much for these girls.)

“Should I walked over to say hello? But seems he is enjoying himself with the girls. Good companionship. If I walked over now I may be disturbing them from their fun.” Ji Hyo thought bitterly to herself.

“But I guess I am not bad either.” The table where Ji Hyo was sitting was already filled up by many uninvited men.

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi, can I buy you a drink?”

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi, you are so pretty. I am your fan. Can I have your number?”

“Pretty Ji Hyo, I hope you don’t mind me calling you that. This is my name card. Supper after this?”

“Pretty woman, my place or your place?”

None of these men sounded sincere to Ji Hyo. “I shouldn’t be here alone.” Ji Hyo started to regret her decision of coming to the club alone. She is now surrounded by men, cheesy men who are only attracted by Ji Hyo’s beauty.

“Ya! What are you doing?” One of the men, a tall and good looking one, attempted to put his hand on Ji Hyo’s thigh. Seeing this, a few men also attempted skin ship with Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo quickly stand up to her feet, she tried to make an excuse to go to the ladies room but was soon stopped by one of the guys who looked like a gangster. The gangster looking guy grabbed one of Ji Hyo’s hands, trying to pull her towards his embrace.

“Ya! Hands off!” Ji Hyo tried to scream, hoping that Gary can hear her. But seems Gary was still surrounded by the girls.

“Gary, something don’t seems right.” Gil signaled at the direction of where Ji Hyo was.

“! That guy belongs to one of the famous gangster squad in Namdaemun. He must had set his eyes on Ji Hyo.” Gary quickly rushed over to salvage the situation.

Ji Hyo was hitting the guy with her clutch bag. However the guy was too tough for her, her clutch bag went flying to the other side of the club. Ji Hyo refused to surrender herself, she pulled up her skirt and kick the guy on his balls, followed by stomping on both of his feet.

“This woman, I will punish you in bed. You look even ier with your skirt becoming shorter.” The gangster guy couldn’t give up though he was already suffering from Ji Hyo’s kick.

“Fat hope!” Ji Hyo gathered all her strength and punched the guy in his face.

“What the hell! You think you can get away with this? Grab her into my car.” The gangster guy shouted to his men.

“What do you think you are doing?” Gary stood infront of Ji Hyo, shielding her from the gangsters while Gil and Leessang crew were standing around them, ready for a fight.

“Hey, cool it.” A deep and husky voice came out of nowhere. Ji Hyo took a peep over Gary’s shoulders, a guy, tall, not too muscular but bigger in size than both Gary and Gil pushed his way through the crowd who were watching the fight.

“Who are you to say cool it.” The gangster guy screeched.

“My name is Baek Chang Ju.” The bigger guy replied.

“Oh…CEO Baek.” The gangster guy and his men quickly bowed at the big guy.

“This club has good music, good wine and good food. This is a place for relaxation not for you to disturb girls. I can see that Song Ji Hyo Ssi has no intentions to go anywhere with you. So would you mind leaving her alone?” Baek Chang Ju said.

“Sure sure.” The gangster guy tried to retreat with his men.

“You, wait. Apologise.” Gary stopped the gangster guy.

“Yes, apologise to the lady.” Baek Chang Ju narrowed his eyes on these guys.

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi, I am…I mean we are sorry.” All the men from the gangster squad bowed at Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo’s body was actually trembling. She cling tightly to Gary’s arm while Gary put his other hand over Ji Hyo’s, trying to comfort her.

“Song Ji Hyo Ssi, your bag.” Baek Chang Ju handed Ji Hyo’s clutch bag to her. Gary took it from Baek Chang Ju instead and bowed to thank him.

“Am buying everyone here a round of drinks as a token of appreciation since I believe that all of you here will not voice a single word about this incident tonight. Am I right?” Baek Chang Ju looked around him and said. The crowd quickly went back to their respectively tables.

Gary lead Ji Hyo to his table. He took off his jacket to cover Ji Hyo’s thighs since her dress was torn at the thighs when she raised her kicks at the gangster guy.

“Oppa, I want to go home.” Ji Hyo said weakly. She was still shaking from the incident just now.

“OK, Ji Hyo, Oppa will send you home.”


“ I broke my heels. I must have exercise too much strength on the shoes when I fly my kick just now.” Ji Hyo cursed.

“No more shaking?” Gary asked as they got out of Gary’s car to walk towards Ji Hyo’s apartment.

“Oppa, I am feeling much better now.” Ji Hyo said as she leaned against Gary’s car to examine on her heels.

“Song Ji Hyo, you are atually amazing. You kicked and punched that guy several times. Bu still,  next time, if you wanted to visit a club, call me or En Na or even Kwang Soo or any of your dongsaeng to go with you. Don’t visit any random club on your own.” Gary warned Ji Hyo, out of concern.

“Club 99 is not any random club. My friend is a member, that’s why I choose to go there. How would I know this club is filled with gangsters.” Ji Hyo pouted her lips. “Sigh….here goes my pair of heels. Fortunately, is a sponsored pair.” Ji Hyo aimed at a nearby dustbin and threw both heels into the bin.

“Hello, my lady, how are you supposed to walk without shoes?” Gary laughed.

“I have Gary Oppa here. You will think of something, will you?” Ji Hyo smiled at Gary.

Gary blushed immediately seeing the sunshine smile from Ji Hyo.

“Come, Gary Oppa will ferry you back to your apartment. Piggy back style, throw over the shoulder style or bridal style?” Gary asked.

“Piggy back style!” Ji Hyo replied. She jumped on Gary’s back immediately.

“Wow, Song Ji Hyo. Time for a diet.” Gary teased Ji Hyo.

“I hate you, Kang Gary.” Ji Hyo rested her chin on Gary’s shoulders and pouted her lips again but yet she felt safe and secure riding on Gary’s back.

Gary, on the other hand was feeling excited, nervous and embarrassed since Ji Hyo was in a short dress. Gary was actually holding onto her bare thighs when piggy backing Ji Hyo.

“Smooth skin. I like it.” Gary can’t help it. These thoughts kept surfacing in his head.

“How I wished that this walk back to Ji Hyo’s apartment will never end.” Gary smiled as he felt Ji Hyo’s breath close to his ears.

“How I wished that I can always have a reliable back and shoulder to lean on.” Ji Hyo closed her eyes to enjoy the windy breeze of the night and the warmth from Gary’s body.

"Gary Oppa, thank you for being my body guard tonight. Baek Chang Ju Ssi, thank you for helping me out tonight." Ji Hyo whispered as she slowly fall asleep on Gary' back.