Stupid me, I am a fool

She is not my dongsaeng

Monday Couple moments ceased upon the news of Ji Hyo dating her CEO is released. The moments from the pre recorded episodes were also edited. Many MC fans were disappointed with the news. Many accused Ji Hyo for been materialistic, choosing a rich CEO over her Monday boyfriend. Some blamed Ji Hyo for betraying Gary. Gary’s twitter account was filled with messages from fans telling him to be strong.

Gary gave up the idea of explaining what happened the other day where Ji Hyo saw him sleeping with another girl in his office.

“There is no more meaning for the explanation. I shouldn’t have let her go that day. I should have locked her in my arms. I am late. I should have confessed earlier. She is now taken, SHE IS TAKEN. It is my fault. TRULY my FAULT.” Gary screamed in his apartment while drowning himself with hard liquor.

“Bro, stop it! Getting drunk doesn’t help with the situation. Try to salvage it.” Gil tried to comfort his buddy. Gary rarely behaves this way. The last time when he broke up with his girlfriend of 5 years, he was taking it very peacefully. He just gulped down a couple of beers and went back to his studio to work.

Gary locked himself at home for 3 full days. Besides getting drunk and sleep, he spend the rest of his time writing his lyrics. Letting go of his emotions and love for Ji Hyo in his writing.

My world has collapsed from the moment you held his hands.

My head spins when I read the news

My heart twist and ache as I stared at the photos

My fault for not holding you, my fault for not hugging you tight

Stupid me, I am a fool.

You were taken, you were stolen, just under my nose, in front of my eyes.

I thought you will be always there for me

I see you every Monday, and sometimes on Tuesdays

I text you and we chatted on the rest of the weeks. Sometimes meeting up for dates

I thought you will be always there

Stupid me, I am a fool.

You were taken, you were stolen, just under my nose, in front of my eyes

If Time was to turn back, I will hold you tightly in my arms

I will pushed you against the wall and kiss you till I ran out of breath

I will locked your body under mine till you beg me to stop

I am such a fool.

Gary knew that he can’t release these lyrics in his album since this would invite a lot of gossips from the media and would also affect Ji Hyo’s newly found relationship.


Ji Hyo couldn’t believe that things had happened so fast between herself and Baek Chang Ju as she was still hesitating about her feelings for him.

But Ji Hyo couldn’t deny that she was touched by Baek Chang Ju’s concerns. He was there to comfort Ji Hyo when she cried her eyes out after witnessing Gary ‘sleeping’ with the young girl.

Tae Han found Ji Hyo crying and drinking at a private club after she left Gary’s office.

“Ji Hyo, night has not even fall yet. Do you have to drink like that?” Tae Han asked. He panic immediately when he saw Ji Hyo’s tears and her blood shot eyes. He called Baek Chang Ju.

Baek Chang Ju cancelled all his meetings and accompanied Ji Hyo the whole day despite his busy schedule. He did not ask what happened. He just sat quietly by Ji Hyo’s side to ensure that there is someone to take care of her when she got too drunk.

A hotel room above the club was reserved for Ji Hyo to rest. Tae Han and Baek Chang Ju carried Ji Hyo to the room when she was totally knocked out by the alcohol.

Ji Hyo wake up on the following day staring herself at the mirror, her bright and shinning eyes were swollen and covered with red veins. Her face was pale, her lips were bloodless and dry.

“Kang Gary, you are not worth my tears.” Ji Hyo cleared , she repeated the words several times, louder and louder each time.

“So, this is all about Kang Gary Ssi?” Ji Hyo wasn’t aware that Baek Chang Ju and Tae Han just came into the hotel room. Both carrying bags of food.

“CEO Baek, Tae Han.” Ji Hyo quickly bowed at the 2 men. She was rather embarrassed that she was caught by her working partner and her CEO in this state.

Ji Hyo did not want to reveal what happened between herself and Gary. She took a hot shower, finished almost all the food that Baek Chang Ju and Tae Han bought. She spend the rest of the day in the hotel, making use of all the sports equipment in the health club. The gym, the swimming pool, the aerobic and yoga classes.

“Let’s sweat it out. Better than crying.” Ji Hyo joked to herself bitterly.


The first 2 weeks of RM filming. The atmosphere was awkward. Though both Gary and Ji Hyo wanted to make things looked professional, sometimes they were lost in their emotions. Gary was caught several times by Haha and Jong Kok that he was staring blankly in the air or staring at Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo was in her mong state at times, not catching what the PDs were telling her.

Soon, there were news saying that Gary wanted to quit Running Man to concentrate on his music career. Many fans held Ji Hyo responsible for Gary’s leaving.

“Kang Gary, no one leaves this show unless SBS decides to halt the show.” Ji Hyo, who was not talking to Gary for weeks plunged into Gary’s dressing room. Jae Suk was also in the room, trying to persuade Gary to stay.

“Ji Hyo, I am sorry for what happened the other day.” Gary apologize to Ji Hyo when they were left alone.

“Kang Gary, there is no need for the apologies. I am just your colleague.” Ji Hyo tried to act calm, holding back her emotions.

“Ji Hyo……..all the best to your relationship with CEO Baek.” Gary stood up from his seat, he stretched out his hand, wanting a hand shake with Ji Hyo.

“Thank you.” Ji Hyo shook Gary’s hand. Gary held on to Ji Hyo’s hand, it was so difficult for him to let go.

“Ji Hyo…..Ji Hyo…I know is rude for me to ask. But….But….do you think I can hug you? Just a quick hug, a hug of…..a hug of….friendship. Just one and last time.” Gary’s eyes were filled with a mixture of guilt, weariness, sadness and love.

Ji Hyo bite her lips and nodded. “A hug of .....of ....friendship? Let put this to an end.” She whispered in her heart. Before she could moved forward, Gary pulled her towards his embrace. Gary s his arms over Ji Hyo, his hug was firmed and strong. Both closed their eyes to enjoy this last and warm hug.

As tears started to brim, Ji Hyo released herself from Gary’s hug. She lowered her head, she didn’t want Gary to see her crying. She didn't want her own tears to betray her.

“Oppa, see you next week.” Ji Hyo mumbled softly. She left the room as fast as she could. 

"Ji Hyo ar....you will always be my Monday girlfriend. I will watch over you." Gary watched Ji Hyo leaving the room. Suddenly his heart started to ache, it was so bad that he had to sit down on the chair and closed his eyes to rest. 

"Gary hyung, are you OK?" Sam came into the room. He got worried seeing Gary resting on the chair with his eyes closed and frowning.

"Sam...my heart...is aching so badly." Gary groaned. Sweat gathered at his forehead and started to soak through his T-shirt.

"Heart attack?" Sam panic. 

Gary was drove to the hospital. He did a full health check. Besides some cholesterol issues that were not serious and can be controlled with regular exercises and good diet, Gary was well. No heart problem at all.

"Kang Hee Gun Ssi, all is good. You can come back for regular check-up annually to keep up with your conditions." The doctor told Gary.

It was then, Gary understood that his heart was aching for the lost he had lost. And, there is no medications for that. "Perhaps the only medication is Song Ji Hyo." Gary laughed rancorously his thoughts. 

"Foolish, stupid and silly....Kang Gary...." Gary scolded himself.