Mr Gae

She is not my dongsaeng

Gary had just finished his concert in Hong Kong. He was feeling exhausted but yet he misses Ji Hyo.

“Baby, shall I meet you at your apartment after I touched down? I will ask my restaurant staff to send food to your apartment and we can have dinner and cuddle on the sofa to watch movies tonight.” Gary suggested. Is already 2 weeks since he last seen Ji Hyo.

“Oppa, I am still in the midst of a photo session. I will see you at my apartment once I finish the job.” Ji Hyo said sweetly in the phone.

“Yeah!” Gary cheered happily.


Gary realized that he placed the towels on the sofa after he finished his showers.

“I guess is OK for me to walk around in this house since no one is around. Even Ji Hyo is around, she have seen my body before. Maybe there is no need for me to get dressed if she is around. Hehehehe.” Naughty thoughts surfaced in Gary’s mind. He can feel himself blushing and getting hard as he thought of Ji Hyo’s milky skin and curvy lines.

“Cool it, Kang Gary.” Gary tried to calm down his hormones.

As Gary moved to the living room to grab is towel, he heard the apartment’s gate was unlocked.

“It must be Ji Hyo.” Gary smirked happily.

“Baby, you are home?” Gary raised his voice as he approached the living room.

“Seong-im. Is it you?” A woman’s voice could be heard.

Before Gary can do anything to cover his body, he was face to face with an elderly lady.

“What the heck!” The elderly lady started cursing when she saw Gary standing in the middle of the living room while Gary started screaming, he ran to the sofa and pick up the towel to cover himself.


“Ajoomeoni , my name is Kang Gary. I…I….I am….er….Ji Hyo’s ….er…friend.” Gary bowed 90 degrees at the elderly lady. He is now fully clothed with a black T-Shirt and a pair of khaki shorts, but he is sill blushing.

“Young man. So you are Seong-im’s new boyfriend?” The elderly lady, who is actually Ji Hyo’s mother, took a look at Gary’s tattoos. Gary quickly, hide his arms under the dining table.

“Er….er….did Ji Hyo mentioned about me?” Gary asked nervously.

“Yes, she did mentioned she is seeing someone with a name which sounded like a dog. So you are the Gae?” Ji Hyo’s mother used her big and sparkling eyes to scan Gary, from head to toe making Gary trembled lightly.

“No wonder, Ji Hyo always said she is afraid of her mother. And Ji Hyo got her lovely eyes from her mother.” Gary inner thoughts raised.

Just then, the door bell rang.

“Oh god, don’t tell me this time is Ji Hyo’s father.” Gary felt that his head started spinning.

“Gary Hyung, the food that you had ordered.” It was the staff from Gary’s restaurant. Gary was so nervous facing Ji Hyo’s mother that he had forgotten that he had asked his staff to send dinner over to Ji Hyo’s place.

“Oh yes, food. Thank you.” Gary placed the food on the dining table.

“Ajoomeoni, these are from my restaurant. Please help yourself. I hope you like them” Gary said respectfully. He opened up the containers full of food for Ji Hyo’s mother.

“Korean beef, grilled pork, chicken soup and stew. Meat, Meat, Meat. All these are Seong-im’s favourite. This chicken soup is tasty and nutritious.” Ji Hyo’s mother took a slip for the soup, and had some beef and pork.

“Yes, ajoomeoni. Ji Hyo needs some nutritious food for her body. She needs to eat well and she loves to eat. But her cooking skills are just so so.” Gary laughed.

“Yes, I did not teach her well enough to cook.” Ji Hyo’s mother sighed.

“No No, this is not what I mean…I…er….”Gary was totally embarrassed by Ji Hyo’s mother’s response.

“Young man. Don’t be worried. I know what you mean. I am glad that you are taking care of her well.”  Ji Hyo’s mother patted on Gary’s shoulders.

“So when you plan to marry our Seong-im.” Ji Hyo’s mother asked.

“Mar….mar…married?” Gary was taken aback by the frankness of Ji Hyo’s mum.

“Yes, of course. Starting a family and settling down is very important. You can walk around in Seong-im’s apartment without clothes. So I supposed the relationship between the 2 of you is stable. I trusted my daughter. She will not allow a man to enter her apartment, and even walk around if she feels he is not the one for her.” Ji Hyo’s mother looked at Gary seriously. Gary blushed again. This time the redness spread to his ears.

“Even for Chang Ju. Though she did bring him home, Seong-im told me that he had never spend a night at her apartment before and neither did she stay overnight at his apartment..” Ji Hyo’s mother continued. Gary’s heart leaped as he recalled Ji Hyo’s first experience with him. By now, his face, neck and ears were all red.

“Gae Ssi, do start thinking about marriage. Seong-im is not young anymore.” Ji Hyo’s mother stood up. Gary also stood up immediately.

“Thank you for the food. They are tasty. But my cooking skills are not bad too. Share these with Seong-im.” Ji Hyo’s mother handed some containers and food boxes to Gary.

“I shall take my leave.” Ji Hyo’s mother said.

“Ajoomeoni, you will not wait for Ji Hyo to come home?” Gary asked.

“I still have to visit a few relatives. And I know you will take care of her.” Ji Hyo’s mother smiled.

“Shall I drive you around to your relatives’ houses?” Gary offered.

“Gae Ssi, no need for the troubles. I can take the public transport.” Ji Hyo’s mother walked towards the door.

“No No, let me drive you. At least let me fetch you to the next destination.” Gary insisted.

“OK. If you insists. But…But….can I asked for a small favor?” Ji Hyo’s mother stared hard at Gary’s tattoos again.

“Do you have a jacket to cover up your tattoos? You know, our relatives belong to the older generation. They are not used to….not used to things like this.” Ji Hyo’s mother pointed at Gary’s arm.

Gary obediently wore a jeans jacket to cover up his tattoos.


Ji Hyo came home to an empty house. She felt worn-out and drained from the day’s photo sessions. She had been posing and standing in heels infront of the camera, for almost 8 hours. Ji Hyo threw herself on the sofa.

“Gary Oppa.” Ji Hyo shouted her boyfriend’s name.

No replies.  But the smell of food made Ji Hyo stood up and walked to the dining table.

“Wow….looked delicious. And this…this….” Ji Hyo opened up the containers with caution.

“Umma’s ginseng chicken soup. Dumplings and and kimchi. Oh yummy!” Ji Hyo could recognize her mother’s cooking immediately. Ji Hyo grabbed a dumpling with her bare hands, tossing it into . Followed by drinking the soup directly from the containers.

“SO….umma’s food taste better than those from my restaurants?” Ji Hyo was enjoying her mother’s  cooking so much, she did not noticed that Gary was standing behind her.

“Oppa….you….how do you know these are from my umma.” Ji Hyo asked with full of kimchi.

“I met her just now. She came to deliver food to you. I was….er….I was….I….happened to be around.” Gary decided to skip the part of him meeting Ji Hyo’s mum, without any clothes.

“You what?” Ji Hyo couldn’t believe her ears. She chocked on her food.

“Baby, don’t be greedy, eat slowly.” Gary combed Ji Hyo’s back to smoothen her.

“You…You ….you MET my umma? Did she SCARE you?” Ji Hyo asked with worries and concerns in her eyes.

“No no, she is not a Monster. Why am I scared?” Gary tried to keep his peaceful Gary look. But deep in his heart, he was still shaking from the ‘met the parent and relatives’ session.

Flashback

Gary was surrounded by all the uncles, aunties and cousins and nephews when he send Ji Hyo’s mother to the relatives place. He felt like the whole residence estate was there to look at him. Sweat started to drip from his forehead since he was nervous and he was wearing a jeans jacket.

“So Monday couple is real! IS REAL!” Some of the cousins were actually RM fans and MC shippers. They were really happy when they saw Gary driving Ji Hyo’s omma though Ji Hyo’s mother did not introduce Gary as his future son-in-law. Instead Ji Hyo’s mother said that “Gae Ssi is a good friend of Seong-im.” But that is enough to make Gary beam from ear to ear.

“Gae Ssi, thank you for ferrying me around.  Please do come with Seong-im to visit my husband and I when you are free. And…remember to cover up your tattoos when you come. You know…my husband is an old man from the last century. He is not as fashionable as young people like you. He may not feel comfortable looking at your tattoos. In our generation, only gangsters wear tattoos. ” Gary bid goodbye to Ji Hyo’s mum at the bus depot.

Gary took a peep at his tattoos. “So this was the reason why Ji Hyo refuse to bring me home to meet her parents?”

End of Flashback.

“Oppa, have you tried my mum’s cooking? These are really yummy.” Ji Hyo scoped some soup for Gary to taste.

“So how about the food from my restaurant. I had asked my chef to prepare these for you. Specially for you.” Gary pouted his lips.

“Kang Gary, you are jealous of my umma? You are so childish.” Ji Hyo hit Gary’s head playfully.

“Your food is good too.” Ji Hyo took a mouthful of Korean beef stew. “Here Opp, have some beef.”

“Ji Hyo ar….your umma invited me to visit your hometown. She says I can meet up with your appa.” Gary said

Ji Hyo was about to feed Gary when Gary mentioned about visiting her hometown to meet her parents.

“What?” Ji Hyo screeched. The spoon full of food that supposed to go into Gary’s mouth, hit his nose instead.

“Yah! Baby, are you trying to drown me with beef?” Gary held on to his nose immediately.

“Oppa, I am sorry. I am sorry.” Ji Hyo cleaned up the sauce on Gary's nose with a tissue and planted a kiss on Gary’s nose to calm him down.

“Ji Hyo ar……you hesitated to bring me home to meet your parents. Is it because of my tattoos?” Gary asked, he held on to Ji Hyo’s arms, looking into her eyes.

“I…..I…..er….Oppa…my appa….my appa hates people with tattoos. To him, men with tattoos are gangsters and women with tattoos are es.” Ji Hyo looked at Gary nervously.

“Baby, I will show him that I am a good guy. He can trust me to take good care of her daughter.” Gary kissed Ji Hyo on her forehead.