Taken

She is not my dongsaeng

Days passed by. Weeks passed by. Months passed by.

The Monday couple moments were still strong and on going in Running Man. Gary still flirts with Ji Hyo with his cheesy words. But there was no confessions.

Ji Hyo started to get impatient. By now, Ji Hyo was fully aware that she likes Gary. She looked forward to the filming of Running Man on every Monday because she knows that there will be tons of fun working with the RM crew and most important of all, she knows that she will get to see him. That man whom she misses now and then, Kang Gary.

“When is he going to confess? We had held hands, we had hugged, we had kissed and we almost crossed the line of friendship the other night. What is he thinking? Does he really like me?” Ji Hyo doubted and became jealous when she sees photos of Gary visiting the club and surrounded by girls on the social media.

At the same time, Baek Chang Ju had started initiating dates with Ji Hyo. It started as company dinner gathering with the different artists and departments in the agency. There were also times where Baek Chang Ju would recommend Ji Hyo watching certain movies with the intention of improving her acting skills. Baek Chang Ju would then volunteers to watch the show together with Ji Hyo, so that he can give her some ‘tips’ and ‘advices’ after the show.

As time went by, Ji Hyo found that the group of people who came for the ‘dinner gathering’ became smaller and ‘dinner gathering’ becomes a regular event where sometimes, there is only herself and Baek Chang Ju attending the ‘gathering’.

As a woman, Ji Hyo can sense that Baek Chang Ju had a thing for her. Ji Hyo doesn’t hate Baek Chang Ju either. He is a generous man. He always shower Ji Hyo with little gifts and expensive meals. Call or text her after every filming to see if she is doing well and if she eats her meals. He also took the efforts to go through Ji Hyo’s schedule to ensure that she has enough rest and went through every question issued by the media. Ji Hyo felt touched for some of his gestures but she also felt annoyed that Baek Chang Ju interfered with her work schedules.

“Tae Han, do you think CEO Baek can stop changing my filming schedule? Am getting very confused with all these changes.” Ji Hyo would complained to Tae Han. But Tae Han could only smile at Ji Hyo to comfort her since Baek Chang Ju is after all, the CEO of the agency.


Running Man filming ended earlier today at 8 pm. Today’s filming is as usual, filled up with laughter and a tint of romance in the air for the Monday Couple.

“Ji Hyo must be hungry. Perhaps we can have dinner together.” Gary smiled to himself. Another chance to be alone with Ji Hyo, another chance to hold her hands, or perhaps a kiss? Gary blushed as he hammered his forehead for the naught thoughts he had.

Gary walked to Ji Hyo’s dressing room and found that only Tae Han was there. Tae Han was busy packing up.

“Tae Han Ssi, where is Ji Hyo?” Gary asked.

“Hello Gary Ssi, Ji Hyo left.” Tae Han bowed at Gary and continued to proceed with his packing.

“Oh…so fast? Did she just leave? Maybe I can call her. Tae Han Ssi, care to join us for dinner?” Gary asked out of politeness.

“Gary Ssi, thank you for the invitation. I still have work to do.” Tae Han gave Gary a big smile to thank him for his thoughtfulness.

“OK. Let me call Ji Hyo.” Gary was about to leave the room when Tae Han started to talk.

“Gary Ssi, Ji Hyo will not be able to join you for dinner.” Tae Han still had his eyes fixed on his packing task.

“Oh?” Gary turned back with a mong expression on his face.

“Our CEO Baek had just fetched Ji Hyo for dinner. After dinner, I think they are going for a movie. I overheard the small talks between CEO’s secretary and the marketing staff in the agency on the reservations of the table and tickets.” Tae Han said.

“CEO Baek…..Ji Hyo…..” Gary felt disappointed.

“Gary Ssi, you may not know. But our CEO Baek likes Ji Hyo very much. Ji Hyo doesn’t hate him. She is single and free to date and choose. So do what you can before she is taken.” Tae Han said. “OK, I am done with the packing.” Tae Han lifted his head and looked at Gary.

Gary felt that the world is spinning. Ji Hyo had never told him that she is dating her CEO or rather Ji Hyo had never revealed to him about what happened between herself and her CEO.

“Gary Ssi, good night.” Tan Hae patted on Gary’s shoulders before he made his exit.


“Ji Hyo, you will like the food here.” Baek Chang Ju lead Ji Hyo to their table at a quiet corner of the restaurant. Ji Hyo sat down as BAek Chang Ju pulled he chair for her. A bouquet of flowers was then presented to Ji Hyo after she settled down in her seat.

“Thank you.” Ji Hyo blushed as she took the flowers in her hands. A dozen of red roses.

“A dozen of roses is easier for you to manage instead of 99 stalks.” Baek Chang Ju joked. Ji Hyo responded with a smile.

“I had already order the food. I am sure you will enjoy them.” Baek Chang Ju signaled to the waiter to start serving.

“Ji Hyo, I think by now you should know how I feel about you.” Baek Chang Ju stretched his hands across the table to hold Ji Hyo’s hands. Ji Hyo was hungry, she was totally into the lobster soup that was just served, she did not noticed what was coming. 

“Huh?” Ji Hyo was slightly taken aback by Baek Chang Ju’s gesture and words.

“Ji Hyo, you know how I feel about you right?” Baek Chang Ju looked directly into Ji Hyo’s eyes. Ji Hyo quickly avoided the eye contact and continue with her soup. As Ji Hyo stared into the lobster soup, her head started to spin and she suddenly sees Gary’s face reflecting in the soup.

“Kang Gary, what are you doing in my soup.” Ji Hyo mumbled.

“Ji Hyo? Did you say something?” Baek Chang Ju asked.

It was then that the waiter came with the appetizers. Ji Hyo quickly pulled her hand out from Baek Chang Ju’s embrace.


It was a sleepless night for both Gary and Ji Hyo.

Baek Chang Ju had confessed his feelings for Ji Hyo at the end of the dinner date. He had asked Ji Hyo to be his girlfriend. Ji Hyo didn’t know what to reply. She put her hand near to her heart. Yes, her heart is pumping but is just a normal pumping. She didn’t sense the kind of thumping sensation when Gary is with her. The little deer in her did not start running wildly.

Gary, on the other hand, felt disappointed that Ji Hyo did not tell him about her relationship with her CEO.

“Is she trying to be a two-timer?” Gary buried his face into his hands at his music studio.

“Kang Gary, how can you think of Ji Hyo that way? She is not your girlfriend, she can date anyone she wants. You didn’t confess to her.” Gary stared at the ceiling.

“Gary Hyung, you are still here? Not tired after Running Man filming? Let’s go clubbing.” One of Gary’s crew pulled Gary up from the sofa.

“Ya, let’s grabbed a few drinks and forget about our worries.” Gary ended up dancing and drinking in the club.


Ji Hyo wake up at 8 am in the next morning. She felt drained and tired. She was bothered by Baek Chang Ju’s confessions. Though Baek Chang Ju did not rush Ji Hyo into confirming their relationship, he wanted Ji Hyo to get back to him as soon as possible.

Gary’s face, his shadow, his scent kept surfacing in Ji Hyo’s dreams.

“Gary…..will you be confessing to me soon?” Ji Hyo whispered the question in her heart. After a night’s of turning and tossing in bed, Ji Hyo is finally clear and aware of who is the man in her heart.  Ji Hyo decided to let Gary knows what had happened between herself and her CEO.

Ji Hyo called Gary’s assistant, Sam. Sam revealed that Gary had been working overnight at his music studio. “He should still be sleeping by now.” Sam told Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo bought breakfast and Gary’s favourite coffee. She drove to Gary’s music studio.

“Gary Oppa, are you there?” Ji Hyo knocked on Gary’s office. There was no answers. Ji Hyo decided to take a peep into the office. If Gary was still asleep, she will wait at the pantry.

As Ji Hyo open the door, she heard a female voice. The woman was giggling. As she peeped into the office, she saw a few men and women sleeping the carpeted floor and some on the sofa. Ji Hyo moved into the room, the lights were dimmed. Her eyes swept through the room. Gary was there, he was lying on the floor, fast asleep, with only his underwear on. Behind Gary, there was a young lady hugging him from the back. Her body was closely pressed against Gary’s.

“What the…..” Ji Hyo wanted to swear but no words came out from . Instead, she felt that her eyes started to burn, her cheeks started to get wet. Her vision started to get blur.

“Ji Hyo Ssi. You are so early.” It was Sam. He patted on Ji Hyo’s shoulders. Ji Hyo was waken up from her world of shock and sadness. She knocked over a table and drop the coffee. The cold coffee spilt on one of the guys who were sleeping on the floor.

“WHAT THE HELL!” The guy who was hit by the cold coffee, woke up screaming.  The scream had waken up the rest of these in the room.

The first thing Gary wake up was to push the young girl away from him.

“What….why…how come she is hugging me? I must be dead drunk last night.” Gary then rubbed his eyes. He thought he heard someone called Ji Hyo’s name.

 “Ji Hyo? Am I dreaming or….” Gary continued to rub his eyes. Someone pulled up the curtains in the room while the others tried looking for the switches to the lights.

Yes, Ji Hyo was standing there. She was indeed standing at the entrance of his office room. As the sun shone on Ji Hyo, Gary noticed that her eyes were red, there were tears on her cheeks.

Ji Hyo wiped off the tears with the back of her hands.

“I am sorry. I dropped the coffee on you.” Ji Hyo apologized to the guy who was hit by the cold coffee. She tried to keep her cool.

“I am sorry, I wake up everyone early in the morning.” Ji Hyo bowed at those who are struggling to get up from their sleep. By then, Ji Hyo’s voice started to tremble.

“Ji Hyo, listen to me!” Gary rushed forward, trying to grab Ji Hyo’s hands.

“I don’t want to know anything.” Ji Hyo quicken her pace and left the room. She didn’t want Gary to see her tears.

“No, Ji Hyo…is not what you think.” Gary ran after Ji Hyo.

“I am not thinking about anything. And who you want to sleep with, a woman or a man. That’s none of my business.” Ji Hyo swung around, pushing Gary away as he tried to force a hug on Ji Hyo and at the same time stopping her from leaving.

Ji Hyo ran out of Gary’s music studio, she hopped onto her car, drove off without allowing Gary to explain anything. Gary could only watch her driving away since he was only in his underwear. He couldn't get onto the streets full of commuters in this attire.


Gary tried to contact Ji Hyo for the next 2 days. He even waited for Ji Hyo at her apartment. But Ji Hyo did not pick up his calls, she did not even come home. By the third day morning, news of Ji Hyo and Baek Chang Ju taking a stroll late at night in a carpark were all over the media.

A statement that declared the actress and her CEO was dating was issued by Ji Hyo’s agency in the later part of the day.

“She is taken.” Gary stared at the news as tears gushed through his eyes.