Hestiations

She is not my dongsaeng

Gary arrived at the filming site of Running Man on the following day. Yes, is Monday, he gets to see his Monday girlfriend again.

Gary did not sleep much last night. He kept dreaming of Ji Hyo. The scenes at the club, the piggy back journey and what happened outside Ji Hyo’s apartment kept repeating in Gary’s mind. Gary smiled and blushed as he recalled the romantic atmosphere outside Ji Hyo’s apartment last night when he send Ji Hyo home.

Flashback

“Ji Hyo, we are here. Wake up. Where is your key?” Gary tried to wake up Ji Hyo who was fast asleep on his back.

There was no reply from Ji Hyo. She continued to sleep soundly with her chin on Gary’s shoulders. Seeing Ji Hyo in deep sleep, Gary felt bad to wake her up. There is a bench outside Ji Hyo’s apartment, Gary sat down side ways on the bench so Ji Hyo can sit on the bench also.

“Oppa….are we there yet?” Ji Hyo mumbled as she felt she was lowered onto the bench.

“Sorry, Ji Hyo, did I wake you up?” Gary said softly.

“Hmmmm…..” Ji Hyo continued to keep her eyes closed. At the same time, she cling tighter to Gary, pressing her body against Gary’s back. To Gary, it was like Ji Hyo giving him a back hug.

“Ji Hyo, please….my heart is pounding so fast. My heart is going to stop any minute.” Gary did not want the skin ship to stop but at the same time, he was afraid that he will faint from excitement. His face was blushing, both his ears were red. Even his neck started to turn red.

The back hug lasted for minutes before Ji Hyo was woken up by the neighbor dog who was barking.

“Oh…Oppa, I am so sorry. You should have wake me up.” Ji Hyo bowed apologetically at Gary.

“No No, Ji Hyo. Is OK. You can sleep as long as you want.” Gary said and in his heart he was cursing at the neighbor dog. “Stupid dog, do you have to bark now?”

“Gary Oppa, thank you for protecting me tonight at the club and sending me home. Thank you for letting me rest on your back.” Ji Hyo thanked Gary.

“Good night Ji Hyo.” Gary bid good bye to Ji Hyo as he sees her enter her apartment.

“Good night Gary Oppa, thank you oppa.” Ji Hyo suddenly moved forward and planted a kiss on Gary’s cheeks before she closed the door.

Gary was rooted to the ground, he was totally taken aback by Ji Hyo’s kiss.

“Is that a kiss? Is that a kiss?” Gary kept asking himself the same question. By the time Gary get back to his sense, Ji Hyo had already closed the door.

“Yeah!” Gary jumped and cheered in excitement. He danced all the way back to his car.

End of flashback

“Gary Ssi, Haha Ssi, Kwang Soo Ssi,  coffee and cakes.” The RM staff brought coffee  to the dressing room shared by Gary, Haha and Kwang Soo.

“Coffee? What is the occasion? Coffee from the PDs?” Kwang Soo asked as he helped to bring in the coffee and cakes.

“These are from CEO Baek. His treat to the RM team in the name of Song Ji Hyo Ssi.” The staff explained.

“CEO Baek?” Haha asked.

“Yes, and there is a big bouquet of flowers at Ji Hyo Ssi’s dressing room. So romantic.” The staff eyes shined with envy as she relate the situation to the Kwang Soo and Haha.

“Why is this CEO Baek doing this?” Haha asked Gary and Kwang Soo after the staff left their dressing room.

“I think she is talking abt Baek Chang Ju Ssi. They met at the club last night. Maybe he did it out of politeness.” Gary said as he took a big bite on the slice of cheese cake, he had not have his breakfast yet.

“Hyung, how did you know that they meet at the club last night?” Kwang Soo and Haha looked at Gary suspiciously.

“Er….I …..I was at the same club last night.” Gary said. Again, he recalled the kiss from Ji Hyo last night. Unknowingly, he blushed.

“Did you two date at the club? Hyung, tell me!” Haha was getting excited.

“No No, we just happened to see each other there. No dating.” Gary tried to defend his grounds, But the more he denied, the more he blushed.

“Gary Hyung, something happened between you and Ji Hyo noona?” Kwang Soo kept asking.

“No, nothing. Stop poking into my business.” Gary glared at his dongsaengs.

Gary wasn’t on the same team as Ji Hyo for today’s missions. He did not get to interact with Ji Hyo much. Even during break times, Ji Hyo was either on the phone or busy arranging her next schedule with RM PDs since En Na was on sick leave again.

Gary felt sorry for Ji Hyo. He wanted to bring lunch to Ji Hyo but hestiated since he was afriad that people would gossip about them behind their backs. Gary does not really care about the gossips, he is more concern about how Ji Hyo feels. By the time, Gary had made up his mind to bring the lunch boxes to Ji Hyo, she was already eating and chatting with the male guest who was one of her co actors in her previous drama.


Gary also wanted to ask Ji Hyo if she would like to join the members for dinner after the filming but Ji Hyo had left early.

“Gary Hyung, RM filming for next week is cancelled since Jae Suk Ssi had another job that he need to take care of and Jong Kok Ssi has to fly to Hong Kong to attend a concert.” Gary’s manager informed Gary.

Gary nodded to signal that he got his manager’s message. His heart sank as he left the filming site.


Gary was moody and restless, he felt he was missing something. He did not know why he was feeling that way.

“Maybe I was used to filming Running Man on Mondays and this Monday, no filming. So I felt uncomfortable.” Gary tried to analyze the root cause for his mood swings.

“Kang Gary, you looked like you are love sick.” Gil mocked at Gary who was pulling a long face at the recording studio.

“Love sick?” Gary repeated the words after Gil. Gary started to play with his phone, unknowingly he stopped at the text message that Ji Hyo send him weeks ago.

“What am I doing?” Gary put down his phone. He retrieve his ipad from his back pack. Again unknowingly, he typed Ji Hyo’s name under the Google search engine. As he scrolled through Ji Hyo’s photos and news, a news line attracted him.

“Song Ji Hyo joined C J Entertainment.” Gary clicked into the link, he wanted to understand more. As he read the news, he realized that the CEO of C J Entertainment is Baek Chang Ju.

“So all the coffee and cakes for the RM crew is to buy over Ji Hyo?” Gary asked himself.

“Good for Ji Hyo. En Na is always on sick leave recently. If she has an agency to help her arrange things, she will have more time to rest.” Gary thought to himself.

He picked up his mobile phone and send Ji Hyo a message.

Ji Hyo, congrats on joining C J Entertainment. All the best for your upcoming projects.” Gary hesitated for a few seconds before hitting the 'Send' button. He grinned as the button was pressed

“No more mood swings?” Gil caught Gary smiling to himself. He peeped at the screen of Gary’s mobile.

“An excuse to send Ji Hyo Ssi something?” Gil asked.

“What….what are you talking about?” Gary tried to hide his phone.

“Kang Gary, don’t deny. Look at your ipad, Song Ji Hyo’s face and news had filled up the whole web page. Your mobile too. You are love sick. Hahaha….” Gil patted on Gary’s back.

“Love sick? No ….I …..I am just trying to show concern for my dongsaeng. Yah! Stressed!” Gary denied.

Gary’s phone peeped as he tried to figure out his feelings. It was a message from Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo , 3:30 pm : “Gary Oppa, thank you. I am really glad to receive blessings messages from the RM members.”

“So, I am not the first one who congratulate Ji Hyo?” Gary hit his forehead, blaming himself for sending in his congrats late.

“Perhaps I should pay more attention to Ji Hyo? After all she is my Monday girlfriend. But will she thinks I am too much of a busy body?” Gary hesitated on where he should draw the line of concern for Ji Hyo.