My Dongsaeng

She is not my dongsaeng

One year later……….

Gary came in to the RM filming as usual. He was looking around for Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo did not come back to Seoul for RM filming for the past 2 weeks. Gary wondered if she will be present this week, especially when PD mentioned that 2 days were scheduled for RM filming this week.

"If she is in for 2 days, that means I will get to see her 2 days in a row." Gary smile to himself.

Though the couple had broken up, the bonding was still there. The bonding as family held the entire RM crew together. Both Gary and Ji Hyo agreed that their relationship should not affect the show and their professionalism on the show.

“Gary Hyung, breakfast from Kim Min Jung Ssi?” Kwang Soo greeted good morning to Gary who started to take out a plastic container containing his breakfast.

Gary smiled. “Yes, you want to share?” Gary asked.

“No No. No need, I just had mine with my manager. That’s really sweet of Min Jung Ssi.” Kwang Soo laughed.

Gary mumbled, “yes, nice.”


Gary and Kim Min Jung started seeing each other 3 months ago. It was not like dating for real since whenever the 2 of them meet, there will be other friends around. Gil, Simon D and also the circle of friends from Min Jung.

Haha did try to convince Gary to forget about Ji Hyo and move on in his love life. Gary just smiled bitterly, “I will try. After all, she may already be dating someone else in Hong Kong already.” The heart twitch feeling just couldn’t go away every time when Gary read about scandals of Ji Hyo with other Hong Kong stars.


Ji Hyo’s first movie in Hong Kong was a great success. The main lead was Louis Koo, a famous and handsome Hong Jong actor. The movie is a love comedy. The plot was simple but the chemistry between the 2 stars melted the hearts of Asian and China audiences, including those from Korea.

“When I see Song Ji Hyo now, I will think of Louis Koo instead of Kang Gary.”  One of the net citizens commented.

“No more Monday Couple. But the Louis Ji Hyo couple was great. I hope they become real life couple.” Another net citizen said.

Soon it was rumoured that Ji Hyo and Louis Koo are dating. Louis Koo did confess that Ji Hyo is his kind of ideal girlfriend and wife. Ji Hyo just blushed and kept quiet whenever any media asked her about Louis Koo. Some media even asked Ji Hyo to compare Gary and Louis.

“Gary is family. Louis is a colleague friend. They are of course different.” Ji Hyo answered politely.


 “Ji Hyo Ssi will join our RM filming tomorrow.” The RM PD announced. That pulled Gary back to reality.

Upon hearing Ji Hyo’s name, there was a tint of spark in Gary’s eyes.

“Save this guy.” Haha sighed.

Gary had dinner with Gil, Sam and Min Jung after the RM filming.

“Oppa, have some meat.” Min Jung put some beef and pork on Gary’s plate.

“Oppa, why aren’t you eating?” After 5 minutes, the food was still sitting on Gary’s plate.

“Gary hyung…” Sam used his elbow to hit Gary’s arm.

“Yes….what? Did anyone say anything?” Gary lifted his head from his mobile phone. He was reading the entertainment news about Ji Hyo. Her 3rd movie with the Hong Kong/China production company will be taking shots in Busan.

“That means she will at least be in Korea for a few weeks? I am sure she will take time off from her movie to film RM.” Though Gary has no intentions to get back with Ji Hyo, seeing Ji Hyo still makes his heart flips and flutters. At many times, he has to tell himself that Ji Hyo is now, just a dongsaeng. He has to open up himself to the other girls around him, such as Min Jung.

“Family, like what Ji Hyo says. We are family.” Gary kept repeating this in his mind.

“Kang Gary, don’t waste Min Jung Ssi’s efforts. Eat!” Gil pointed at his plate which is now piling with food.

“Oh yes. Looks yummy. I am hungry. Thanks Min Jung.” Gary smiled happily. Min Jung smiled sweetly at Gary seeing him eating all the food on his plate.

Gary and Min Jung’s date was caught by the media. Though Gil and Sam were there, the media only showed the photo where Gary send Min Jung home.

Ji Hyo who came back on the every same night and getting ready for RM’s filming on the following day stared blankly at the photo where Gary and Min Jung walking side by side towards Min Jung’s apartment.

Ji Hyo paced her fingers on the smiling face of Gary.

“Ji Hyo, you still have feelings for Gary Ssi. Don’t you? Why not tell him the truth before he falls for another woman.” Tae Han sat beside Ji Hyo, patting her shoulders.

“Truth? What is the truth?” Ji Hyo rested her head on the sofa.

“I brought this upon myself. I am the one who asked for a breakup. I am the one who hurt him. I am the one who confronted him and hurt him. Kang Gary and Min Jung look good together. I should give them my blessings.” Ji Hyo laughed as tears gathered at her eyes.

Tae Han handed a tissue to Ji Hyo. “You did this for him! If is not for him, there is no need for you to leave C-JES entertainment. There is no need for you to leave Korea and your family and work in a foreign land.” Tae Han clenched his fist.

“Tae Han, let’s get some good food. I need energy for tomorrow’s filming.” Ji Hyo wiped off the tears from her cheeks.


The RM family was playing against the hosts from another variety show. Gary was happy that the writers made this arrangement, that meant he can stay close with Ji Hyo.

The games were played rough. Ji Hyo was the only female in the game. The RM members tried to shield Ji Hyo as much as possible from the roughness of how the missions were done. One of the members from the other team was always trying to target Ji Hyo. It was until that Ji Hyo was pushed onto the ground that Gary shouted at the guest.

“She is just a girl. Do you have to be rough on her?” Gary roared.

“Monday couple is coming back? She has a boyfriend in Hong Kong already. Better looking than you, Ugly Kang Gary. Don’t dream.” The guest mocked at Gary. That was supposed to be a joke. But every word was hitting Gary and Ji Hyo hard.

“Yah! Who are you to say that my Gary Oppa is ugly? How good looking are you? I never ever admit that I had a boyfriend in Hong Kong. Mind your own business.” Ji Hyo grabbed the collar of the guest who was at least 10 cm taller than Ji Hyo.

The guest tried to struggle off from Ji Hyo’s grab. He gave Ji Hyo a hard push causing her to lost balance. Before anyone can do anything, Ji Hyo fell and rolled down the slope.

“Ji Hyo Noona!” Kwang Soo screamed.

“Ji Hyo!” Gary and Jong Kok ran after Ji Hyo.


“Yah! Lee Kwang Soo, watch it.” Ji Hyo was carried to the van by Gary, the bridal style. Kwang Soo tried to nurse Ji Hyo’s wounds with the help of the RM crew. There a few scratches on Ji Hyo’s arms and legs.

“Move!” Gary pushed Kwang Soo to another seat. He took over the cotton buds and lotion from Kwang Soo and started nurturing Ji Hyo’s wounds.

“Is it painful?” Gary exercised extra caution, he blew lightly at the wounds to make Ji Hyo feel better. All the RM members were watching.

“I am OK. I will ask Tae Han to help me.” Ji Hyo tried to move away from Gary.She felt embrassed, on the other hand, she felt sweet. It was a while since they both hand such skin ship. Gary, though was worried with Ji Hyo's injuries, he was smiling throughout the 'nursing' session. 

"Louis Koo wasn't Ji Hyo's boyfriend. She denied it just now, didn't she. And she said MY GARY OPPA" Tons of thoughts ran wildly in Gary's mind.

“Don’t move. I….I…I am just taking care of my Dongsaeng.” Gary moved closer to Ji Hyo, not allowing her to shift away from him. Ji Hyo stared blankly at the window after hearing that and let Gary nurse her wounds for her.

The RM family came together for a dinner gather the very same night. Gary and Ji Hyo sat together enjoying their meals until Min Jung walked in. Seeing Min Jung, Ji Hyo immediately moved to sit with Suk Jin and Kwang Soo.

Ji Hyo watched quietly, the interactions between Gary and Min Jung. Maybe they are still not dating yet, but judging from the skin ship, the way how Min Jung looked at Gary, Ji Hyo is sure that they are not far from being an item.

“Kang Gary falls in love easily. Doesn’t he? I hurt him so much. He deserve a better woman than me.” Ji Hyo pour a dozen of beer into her stomach. Soon, she was lying in the arms of Tae Han who has to drive her home.

Shortly after Tae Han and Ji Hyo left, Gary found that Ji Hyo had forgotten her jacket. He brought the jacket to the carpark and was glad that Ji Hyo had just gotten into the car.

“This child. Why did she drink so much. Fortunately Tae Han is here. But If I can just send her home......” Gary suddenly started missing the moments he had spend with Ji Hyo. 

"What am I thinking??!!" Garyhammered his forehead.

“Hey Tae Han, Ji Hyo left her jacket. And remember to treat her scratches and wounds.” Gary handed the jacket to Tae Han. Tae Han looks angry, he snatched the jacket from Gary.

“Gary Ssi, leave your romantic moments with your date at home. Be considerate of how our Ji Hyo feels.”  Tae Han glared at Gary before getting into the car.

“What? Er……what moments? What date? Ji Hyo? What had happened to Ji Hyo.” Gary watched as Tae Han drove off